Galmori – New Make-up Magazine

As you can see by the cover, Gal Mori has a strong Ageha emphasis. I picked it up at the newsstand and thought of it being an Ageha-lite. Kind of like how Kansai-based Hime Style is. However, I thought it was packed with great make-up tips and really discussed the new gal.

When reading some English gal info, I feel sometimes it gets so trapped in a 2005-2007 mentality. As we know, since Gal is a fashion first and foremost, it’s always evolving. So ladies, let’s evolve with it :D

Also for your pleasure all 20 pages from the magazine in a handy zip form at mediafire because I loves. <3

The main statement of the magazine. Evolve your make-up!
Right is old gal, left is new gal
Next: The step-by-style of genre looks
Up first is the cute retro gal
Next: 80s themed Rock Gal
Then: Cute Gal
Finally all the looks:
I love the extreme step-by-step in this magazine and also the arrows and great brush angles. There’s even an excellent section on eyebrows complete with cut-out eyebrow guides. I can’t stop calling it what it is: THE Fall make-up Bible.
Get yours, too!

1. Ligaya
    October 4, 2009 / 8:17 am

This is great news! And I really must admit, it makes me sad to see some gals not really too happy about age-kei, which I personally believe is a great new direction in gal style.

Thanks so much for this review, and for sharing the make-up pages!

Oh, and mad props to your great blog. ♥

2. dokiri
    October 4, 2009 / 10:38 am

oh it's that famous gal make-up artist(forgot his name) the dude is AWESOME! I'd totally let him do my make-up every day:D

and thank you for the info and the scanned ages of the magazine.

3. maddy_madness
    October 4, 2009 / 5:17 pm

Thank you for sharing the magazine and the info.

4. malignita
    October 4, 2009 / 5:23 pm

I totally agree with you, Mitsu. Being aware of the current trends and trying to incorporate them into your look at least somewhat is the entire goal of gyaru style. I guess some people are just stuck in the past, though. :///

Thanks for posting scans of this new magazine! I'm seriously thinking about buying it, but do you think it's worth getting over the JELLY beauty mook? :o

5. Lanna
    October 4, 2009 / 9:53 pm

Thanks for sharing:D

6. LANA~
    October 5, 2009 / 1:37 am

really awesome magazine! My sis in law sent me this issue :D

7. Mitsu
    October 5, 2009 / 9:59 am

Ligaya: Thank you <3 <3 <3
    I love age-kei too. It's the direction gals seem to be heading, not a bad one I think ^_^

8. Mitsu
    October 5, 2009 / 10:00 am

dokiri: wow I didn't know he was that famous, the mag was calling him a genius but I didn't know he had such acclaim outside of Cawaii and this one. I'd let him do my make, too <3

9. Mitsu
    October 5, 2009 / 10:02 am

malignita: I am high fiving you through the computer. sigh… sometimes it makes me sad, but well as long as some girls are looking to the future it'll be okay <3

I thought Jelly's wasn't so bad, but I was hugely dissappointed that a 1/4 of the magazine was from the regular Jelly issue. It seemed like a cheap way out. >_<

10. Mitsu
    October 5, 2009 / 10:02 am

LANA~: Wow your sis in law has some great taste! What's your fave look?

11. Markie
    October 6, 2009 / 11:14 pm

You know, I've been wondering about the white eyeliner thing. I feel like I still see it a lot on non-Japanese/Western/whatever gal, but the last time I saw it on a Japanese gal was like three+ years ago. Always made me wonder if I was just missing something or what! But now I know. White eyeliner is olllld school.

This is an amazing mag though *A* love the rock-kei, can't wait to try it out! Thank you so much for sharing with usssss

12. AvyGyaru
    October 8, 2009 / 3:56 pm

Thank you SO much for posting these scans. I'm downloading as I type. As nice as the make is, this thing is primarily making me want to get bangs/fringe cut.

13. Anonymous
    October 12, 2009 / 10:55 pm

thank you so much for sharing… ^_^ you are right the fall make-up bible…. i can't thank you enough for sharing

14. Anonymous
    November 9, 2009 / 12:33 am

thank you very much!
    i just learned of your blog,
    and it`s very fun to read
    ^^ ♥