Delyle: website | webstore | blog
After hitting up Forever 21’s website I started to see a lot of pieces that would transfer well to Delyle’s style, so with further ado…
another brand to abroad post~!
The breakdown of Delyle’s sense of style
These items are key to understanding and imitating the brand’s style.
Delyle started in 2004 (same time as Lip Service) and has etched out a niche with gals who want classic Audrey Hepburn in Paris looks, but want sexy gal styling as well. Just like Liz Lisa or Gilfy, Delyle has a very strong fashion sense and even if studs were BOOMing this season, they were hard to be found in Delyle’s looks. Instead Delyle stuck to structured feminine.
This is a really good look to parody into working hours. Lady Gaga said the key to becoming iconic is taking a theme and repeating it several times. Delyle does the same thing (although not with bodysuits and tiny gloves and kermit the frogs
). Instead Delyle loves doing cosmetic prints and keeping their font and look as classically Chanel as possible.
Looks by Delyle
Delyle’s popular summer shirt paired with their classic skirt
Classic girly stripe dress
More looks below and how to take it abroad.
Delyle has done really well with their character goods line. First with their 3 releases of Hello Kitty last Spring and onto this Fall.
Now they are marketing Snoopy.
Both HK and Snoopy looks are directed at getting young teens to buy their pieces.
Delyle mainly does two types of outer-wear. Traditional jackets like shown here.
Or cute stadium jackets
Maiko Takahashi doing cute girly outer look
Combining Delyle with jean shorts + tights still works as being girly-kaji.
Overseas tips for working a Delyle look
- Stick with monotone and baby pink.
- Keep a french look in mind when dressing.
- Buy anything that copies Chanel. Black tipped boots, lots of bracelets.
- Get a chain bag. One that copies Chanel’s classic 2.55 or retro pieces.
- Keep it sweet adult: add a pearl necklace or bow accessories
- Use white and light pink as your accessory pieces.
- Keep your hair fluffy and in curls, rely on romantic styles that involve volume and loose curls
- Break out your hime or monotone nails
- If you enjoy high-brands buy a Chanel brooch. Brooches are often the cheapest of resold brand items. You can often get a good deal on eBay for under $200.00. Then place on your clothing, or use a ribbon to knot around your bag and keep the brooch secured on the ribbon on your chain.
- Splurge on using a shopping service to buy their jacket or iconic skirt. One gal brand piece can make a whole outfit.
Forever 21’s Tres Tres line is great place to pick from and make a Delyle look.
Not from the tres tres line, but it’s a copy of an exact Delyle skirt
The top print is not very Delyle, but the bottom frill is. Cover with a black or white cardigan or trad jacket and you’re more in Delyle mode.
Delyle had this cut, and also loves French words. This high cut isn’t very Delyle though.
Adorable tap pants and a Cardi from Urban Outiftters
. Garnish with a chain bag and light pink accessories and you’ve hit Delyle style.
As a bonus Delyle also has two new items out for Spring.
Great long cardigan-style jacket
One of their best pieces in a season. The combination of paneling for making everybody’s body look hot and the frill to give both girlyness and texture is sure to make this look great on everyone.