Gilfy Week – The staff-chans of Gilfy

Site note: Trying to be more active on twitter and posting mostly doll-related things. Like the last 24 hrs about:  Romihi’s new pink hair, more pics of love hotels, and Spring dresses from Golds Infinity. Follow here on miss_mitsu

This is part of Gilfy week.

• Gilfy History and Style
  • The staff-chans of Gilfy
  • What is Gilfy make and nails?
  • Spring style for Gilfy
  • Gilfy and Backs 109 to Overseas
  • Gilfy / ReDark Catalog 2008
  • Daily Mitsu – Gilfy edition, Gilfy of old

I know this might be a case of Mitsu repeating herself, but looking at the staff-chans of a brand they are the direct face of a brand and they’re a great way to see how to put together a look within a brand or style.

Staff-chans are simply workers a store hires to ring up purchases and hang up merchandise, but it goes deeper than that. They are hired for their attractiveness, how well their look matches a brand and how well they coordinate looks. Managers might go after a girl with extreme roots or other unsightly body care.

When you see so many staff-chans you can see how diverse a brand can be interpreted as. Not only clothing; pay attention to accessories, hairstyle, bare legs or leggings etc… when looking at these girls.

All of the Osaka Gilfy staff getting together for New Years sales

More of the Osaka Gilfy staff (my girl from the hair talk bottom left)

The charisma-staff of Gilfy. Works sometimes at 109 also has her own Gilfy-approved blog.

Nagoya staff-chan

Staff-chan from Naha

Staff-chan from Naha

Nagoya staff-chan

Nagoya staff-chan

Gilfy Osaka staff-chan (and kun) Males since Summer 2008 have seen a big rise in 109 stores. They mostly ring up or do restocking and aren’t expected to wear the clothing (obviously).

Necklace + hat + ring accessories

I will leave the staff-chans at Gilfy Osaka to say that’s all byebye. Love the new bag.

Did you notice a lot of similarities and differences? Bare legs are a big part of Gilfy’s look. Most of the girls’s pics were taken this winter, but they’re still toughing it out for the look in bare legs.

1. January 26, 2010 / 12:21 pm

They kick the crud out of the staff at our stores, to be sure. Step it up Hollister!! Anyways, I like they deal with the cold for the sake of bare legs. Makes me feel normal since I’m wearing shorts right now. In Ohio. With snow. Yep. >.>

January 27, 2010 / 10:51 am

LOL you can say that again. Although I was walking by Abercrombie & Fitch a few days ago when heading to the Chanel and some staff-dude was standing outside shirtless. Uhhh way to advertise and all 8)

Cold I can do, snow… not too sure about that :!: Props girl, props.

2. Lindsay
    January 26, 2010 / 12:28 pm

Oh wow, I so want that black and white cardi that the short-haired staffer is wearing! :oops:

January 27, 2010 / 10:52 am

Yeah I love the bias cut of that one, I think it’s still on-line :wink:

3. January 26, 2010 / 12:49 pm

These girls are amazing ^^ They are nearly models and really bring energy to their brand. I was always impressed by the girls in Japan who appeared to have skin of steal wearing short shorts and bare legs in winter. I couldn’t do that even with pantyhose.
    I did notice some staff kun at 109, but I prefer staff chan! hehe^^

January 27, 2010 / 10:53 am

I love staff-chan more than real models for the most part. :roll: Stepping it up everyday without a hair and make-up team to help out :oops:

Staff-kun kind of weird me out, but there’s a really nice one at Glad News 109 :idea:

4. Kallen
    January 26, 2010 / 1:05 pm

Oh man, I’m really loving Gilfy! I’m new to gal to it’s great to see that I can incorporate my current look–mostly black, white, and grey, all with colour accents–and still be considered gal.

These posts are great. I can’t wait to read the rest of this week! :)

January 27, 2010 / 10:54 am

I love Gilfy too (if you haven’t noticed hehehe :roll: ) I love how they’re keeping it cool/sexy and not going the cute/sexy route. They’re bringing the variety :idea:

5. January 26, 2010 / 1:27 pm

Gilfy is and always will be a staple Gyaru brand to me. I always see such great looks.

Just wondering, do you know if Staff in 109 get store credit?! Most clothing stores in the UK will give their staff about £100 (or more for some stores) to spend in store each season. I like this idea and it makes sense.

…and I love love love the Osaka girl with short blonde hair, she looks so stylish.

January 26, 2010 / 1:52 pm

Hmmm I should hope they get store credit since they are only paid 850 yen an hour, so even with that affording a week’s worth of store outfits seems crazytalk. :!:

She looks so friendly, too. Yay for Osaka girls :idea:

• January 26, 2010 / 3:04 pm

Wow, that’s really not a lot when you think of the price of the clothing/profit the store must be making. Poor 109 shop girls :x

Btw. I was also wondering if you were still selling the Gilfy top on your sales page?
        I’m hoping I may get some money for my Birthday on Friday, which would mean I don’t have to take it from my uni money.
        If it is still for Sale…I saw you mentioned bra sizes. I’m a 32E (US 32DDD/F), so I’m wondering if I would have a problem?! I know a lot of close fitting tops in Japan aren’t made for us Western Gal’s lol :^_^;;:

January 27, 2010 / 10:55 am

LOL girl you’re out of luck. Gilfy doesn’t understand the word boobs :-S

I stay away from most button-up shirts myself, I know how they can look like uhhh we’re actually bustin’ out :!:

• January 27, 2010 / 11:33 am

haha it’s a shame but I’m sure I can live with it haha.

I actually have that problem in the UK. The shirt I’m wearing at the moment is a UK8, and I actually can’t do the top 3 buttons up.
            At least we could work the sexy-Gal look, if we choose to :wink:

6. January 26, 2010 / 2:05 pm

Oh!!! them are beautiful!!! I really love them clothes!!! this girls are stylish and cute!!! I like to dress like those girls ♥

7. January 26, 2010 / 6:11 pm

I think all store staff are supposed to be ‘faces’ of whatever brands they’re selling, but this shows that Japan takes it to the next level as always! The Gilfy girls all make me wanna buy something~ they all look like they stepped right out of the press campaign ♥

January 27, 2010 / 10:56 am

LOL I actually like them better than Gilfy’s current campaign which is a bunch of white models looking overly punk and slightly trashy. These girls do it well :mrgreen:

8. January 27, 2010 / 3:38 am

Ohh the clothes are so stylish! i like gyaru style alot.. but i don’t think it’s a hit yet in my country here.
    LOve reading your blog for the latest styles and stuffs about Japan =)
    oh ya, i’ve just follow ur blog… hope to get ur support as well.. just got started in makingmy blog public. =)

9. January 27, 2010 / 6:46 am

I love your blog! <3 congratulations for it! *__*

10. January 27, 2010 / 2:35 pm

Love this post! Gilfy is one of my favourite brands,love their style and the staff look amazing and stylish!!:D

11. Justine
    January 27, 2010 / 8:53 pm

Hi Mitsu! I found your blog last month and thank you for introducing me to all things gal :)

I love the looks of the first two girls… the bare legs and ankle-length boots. I’m 5’1″ with a bit of meat on my legs and a longer torso. These girls look tall/have long legs (correct me if I’m wrong). In your opinion, can shorter (gal) girls pull off mid-ankle/ankle-length boots just as well as taller girls?