Ask Anything #2

In December the Doll hosted an Ask Anything forum. The Doll just isn’t about me (thankfully) and without your input the Doll would be much less. :idea:

Upcoming THIS WEEK on the Doll:

• Education and work oppurtunities for gals
  • Gaijin Gals and Safety in Japan

• Current shop windows
  • Gyaru geek
  • Gym gyaru
  • Trendwatching: Watches
  • Gal recessionista
  • Shopstaff FAQ
  • More agejo magazine scans including Betty, lost my copy but Seb is sending me a new one
  • w*c to 109 with guest malignita :idea:
  • More brand-specific posts including Lip Service, Mar*s and Liz Lisa
  • Updated:

• Short hair tutorials
  • Bang styles
  • Club info
  • A talk on B-gyaru
  • Possible Shibuhara/HaraShibu
  • More DECO info

I want to know what you want to see or hear about on the Doll. Suggestions welcome! Ask away! I consider the Doll first and foremost a blog that discusses aspects of gal and life in Japan then lastly about me, so if they’re something you’re curious about concerning gal/life/Japan/work/play etc… also any random thing you’d like to see discussed on here, feel free to comment ^_^v Everything is considered!

This post will stay as a sticky while I update a few more things and I’ll start answering questions next week. Feel free to ask Anonymously if you feel the need to do so :love:

One of the entrants for the giveaway , milky, asked for more Hime. Uhhh that’s a bit hard since Liz Lisa is going Western and that leaves only Jesus Diamante and they do not do much changing stylistically so there’s not much news to bring. I know some ladies are very interested in it and I try to keep my eye open, but really nothing… the Jesus Diamante mixi community is dead. I’ll hunt on the Hime one to see if I can find anymore info and talk about it a bit on Ask Anything #2. :o

I know I said anything…but ladies please do not use Mitsu as your google. If it can be answered in an internet search or if it has been asked before already please work on your own questions.

QUESTIONS CLOSED, ANYTHING ASKED AFTER DEADLINE WILL BE ANSWERED NEXT ASK ANYTHING.

1. nav
    February 1, 2010 / 7:04 pm

hi! um, my ask anything would be if you would do a post on the different clubs in shibuya/shinjuku/roppongi, ect. that gals often visit and types of music,which ones you reccommend ect., ect.
    =]

2. February 1, 2010 / 9:23 pm

Oh my god~! You are my favorite blogger!! I am so exciting to read those upcoming post, you have some very great ideas/topics. I am being a nerdy fan girl, please excuse me haha ^^;;

I have a little random/personal question: What is your technique for typing and blogging with long fingernails? I have such a difficult time and make a real mess with my caps lock, random letters etc!

3. February 1, 2010 / 10:52 pm

I love these “Ask Me” posts :)

My question: As a girl who also has a larger chest and isn’t stick thin, what are your suggestions as far as finding clothing? Such as; is free-size really free? As, does it actually accommodate your chest? Which Japanese brands actually fit a larger chested girl?

What other places (excluding Japanese clothing) would you suggest for finding clothing the accommodates a larger chest without that “tent” look but, still provides a looser fit that seems to be popular in gal style at the moment.

4. February 2, 2010 / 12:34 am

I was gonna ask for Agejo FAQ but glad to see that’s already covered.

Hmm maybe more different styles of gyaru and types of magazines to refer to, etc. Not sure if I make any sense XD

5. February 2, 2010 / 12:35 am

This may seem kind of silly, but with all the spring looks coming out lately, I’ve been wondering…when do you switch from winter style to spring style? Winter where I am can sometimes last through the end of March (I’ve seen a few March blizzards, even!), so it’s hard to judge sometimes when to pack away the coats and pull out the lighter clothing. -_-

Also, I may or may not have asked you this before (I can’t remember!), but, do you know anything about gyaru life in Sapporo? I think not too long ago, I saw some videos from a gyaru magazine event at a club in Sapporo, so it must exist! :arrow: I’m going there in March, so I’m gonna try and find out on my own what it’s like, too, though…

Okay, and, now I’m just being greedy but, one last question! Recently for some reason I’ve been kind of interested in resort-kei… is it still popular? Or did it just kinda morph into boho/marine? :-S

6. Natalie
    February 2, 2010 / 12:54 am

Looking forward to your future posts!

Hmm I’m not sure if you’ve talked about these topics previously…but is there any special etiquette we should be aware of when shopping for clothes/shoes (I think you’ve talked about change rooms already)? Any helpful japanese terms?

Also, how crazy do the bargain (winter & summer) sales at 109 get?

7. February 2, 2010 / 2:01 am

Wow you are one busy blogging gal aren’t you! One question I have is cash vs credit vs other payment options. I know Japan is a mostly cash based society and I know in Marui some brands take credit but some don’t I was wondering if it was the same in 109? Is it better to carry cash or are most stores credit/debit friendly?

Also yay for more hime style things, if you need some inspiration I’d love to chat about what I’ve seen lately!

8. February 2, 2010 / 3:57 am

リアルなquestion from me ;)
    I am wondering what course you took and where were you staying while you were studying in Japan. I try to go there as often as possible, so as much info as you can give would be very helpful to me. Did you stay in a dorm, monthly mansion, …? :)

Also, did you dress gyaru for school and how did your teachers, clasmates (foreigners and japanese) react. :3

9. Lovely
    February 2, 2010 / 5:37 am

I stupidly posted this on the first “Ask Me Anything.”

I’ve heard that Latino/Hispanic gaijin have a bad rap in Japan. Is that true?

I’m a Latina and am going to study abroad in Japan soon.

10. February 2, 2010 / 5:40 am

so.. i excuse my self beforehand for the tons of questions <_____<"
    its actuallly not so much, im just brabbling too much :cry:

– appartment interior deco things:
    ive seen already sum interior mags on jamagazinescans,
    but where can i buy these? which place do u recommend
    for cute interior stuff?:) (reasonable price)

– gal gym is def a want-soon-read <3

– regarding brands, it would be cool to read/see abit about brands
    like D.I.A., JSG, mejane & divasalon:oops: . im actually to be honest not really a gilfy fan, but i still really enjoyed reading that stuff, so i guess, this would be even more cool. searching nothing in special, btw, just in case u have sumthing interesting to share.

– maybe a bit specific question.. urm i dunno..
    but do u have pics of.. (wait.. hard to explain) hardcore gals doing agejo-ish style.
    like erika in ageha. she has super tan, bleached hair but her hair is agejo-ish and her outfits mejane-ish.(well, recently shes a bit paler, tho) basically girls with a damn tan, heavy gal make but still wear a cute dress and agejo hair. do u know what i mean? <__<
    or like her, not a model. this style mix is sooo cute :oops:

– just in case u have pics of gals with silver hair
    (not on the gray-ish side, more slightly on the white side)
    i totally adore these! if not, no problem :)

– random question,but: i always had probs finding the make-up type in jap i usually use.-_- where can i get (cheap one please) a camouflage-like, a creamy make?
    (powder+liquid etc doesnt really work for me)
    plus: where can i get dark doundation? ive never ever found one actually.

– hairspray. im thinking slightly a bit about sumtimes doing a bit crazier style,
    so…. ive never found color hairsprays in jap. pink, candyblue, orange and sol.
    but cute colors. i know that popular drug chainstore and donki has sum sprays, but really only ugly colors like brown and pink, that actually is more berry like(=def not cute)

– im always looking at anna ito's blog, and last summer i saw that when she was on the beach she had sum.
    how to say.. stickers for her breast. and aswell at that atom ivent. do u know where i can get one of these?:love:
    http://de.tinypic.com/r/o8w006/6 http://de.tinypic.com/r/24dk7it/6

– healthy eating: ive always tried to eat ealthy but , i ended up eating sth sumwhere sumthing else. coz 1.st cheaper 2.nd quicker. do u know wether there exist sth like discounters in jap where i can buy fruits and vegetables for a reasonable price? i know convinis offer aswell "healthy" meals, but well we all know how much healther this meal actually is, just coz they added 2 slieces of tomato to the actual meal, or sth like that. plus: damn expensive but still, if u know a place where they actually really offer healthy-localory-vegetable meals, ? or do u know all-you can eat restaurants which offer healthy meals(much vegetable,fruits)?
    im open for evrything. =D

– clubs: atom just got soo boring. do u know other gal-ish clubs?
    plus: do u know good clubs,(not galish ones), just where the real party is. i lovelove trance and psyche, but you cannot actually dance to it. so im searching for cool clubs like.. where they play shakira, david getta, sth like that .. where u can just dance for hourse and have fun. :love:

– gal events. do u know when they are? its so hard to get infos of them beforehand.
    i mean, its always like on mixi they start promoting their events like crazy one week before, but i wanna do sum planning a while beforehand. like summit, nation,d1,shibu1, enoshima events, etc

11. BB~
    February 2, 2010 / 6:41 am

I really love these posts!

I have a question about junior high gyaru/magogyaru. Is it common to see younger girls dressing in a more toned-down version of gyaru? I hear some gals started as young as 12 and I’m interested if it’s still common to see. Do young gals frequent the 109? thank you (*o*)

12. February 2, 2010 / 6:42 am

So far all of these sound like fabulous topics! ♥
    I’ve actually wanted to know more about Agejo personally, so I can’t wait for that one!
    I love how your blog is not only full of awesome fashion & adorable you, but also so educational!

13. February 2, 2010 / 7:27 am

Hi Mitsu! I’m definitely looking forward to your features on gyaru geek, gym gyaru and recessionista gyaru, since I am pretty much all three. XD Would you also be so kind as to show how you can be gal and still be presentable in the corporate world? Or does gal simply =/= corporate world? Been trying to be oneegyaru but I seem to be doing something wrong. Advice would be lovely. Thanks!

14. February 2, 2010 / 7:45 am

urgs i just realized how long my comment is :^_^;;:
    sorry and thank u also in beforehand :mrgreen:

15. vonni
    February 2, 2010 / 8:18 am

my questions are: is it possible to be gal and still wear flats since i’m going to greece in a couple of weeks i can only take one pair of heels sad times [for 3 1/2 months]? And my second question is have you got any style tips for short haired girls mine is about the length of mori maya’s ?

16. Lindsay
    February 2, 2010 / 2:38 pm

Hi there! My question might seem a little…weird, and it might not be a particularly savory thing to answer. But it’s something I’ve been wondering about for a while: what’s the drug culture like? Is there one? I ask because I’ve noticed a stark difference in the way the US is open about showing drug use in movies and TV, while you rarely see it talked about in Japan. The only time I saw it really ever mentioned was in the movie Babel where the kids get hopped up on pills and the like. On my visit a couple years ago, there was a stand in Shinjuku selling “Happy Pills” (claiming to be legal), which I figured was herbal ecstasy. A Japanese friend of mine concurred and said the only drugs he saw kids with were pills (perscription? street? I have no idea).

Anyway, I know it’s a weird question, but it’s been bugging me. And I’m not asking because I’m looking to get hopped up in Japan. :icon_eek: I’ve just always wondered.

17. February 2, 2010 / 2:51 pm

THANK YOU for the Gilfy specials! <3<3<3<3

I was wondering if you could write something about b-gals and the hiphop influenses in "regular" gal fashion?

Keep up the great work, stay healthy <3

18. ai
    February 2, 2010 / 3:33 pm

Ooo!! I would like to see something about the used clothing trend! Maybe the shihara trend!
    And also, I would like to see different ways to style bangs. My bangs are very boring hahaha.
    Thank you!!

19. Irebun
    February 2, 2010 / 4:29 pm

I loved those Gilfy posts~~~ :D

My question is:
    How is Gyaru/Gyaru-O style looked upon by other people in Japan?
    Like, do average/regular people find it to be the equivalent of a “California/Valley Girl” In the U.S.? What do older Japanese people think of it~? xD

And one more~ xD
    Did you see many non-caucasian gaijin Gyaru~?( like black/hispanic/haafu/etc)
    If so, how well are they perceived~?
    Thanks Mitsu~! <3

20. achan
    February 2, 2010 / 4:39 pm

it would be neat if you could post guides to places in tokyo you can go to for nails/hair that are ok with English ^^; i’ve always wanted to get hardcore nails but my japanese is minimal so i never knew if it was ok to get them done

21. Rokku_Gaijin
    February 2, 2010 / 5:25 pm

Hi are there any winter friendly gyaru coats/clothing/outfits?

You say that it’s not impossible for anyone to do but it’s really cold here in Alaska.:'(

22. Addy
    February 2, 2010 / 5:51 pm

How is afro-textured hair received (afro, dreds, and braids)? B/C Sometimes in Japanese magazines I see some African hairstyles (cornrows) and I just made me think, is it acceptable? That and are African features alright? I ‘m new and I’ve heard some people say that African-descended women can’t be gyaru. I but I love it so much! Not to mention your blog! Don’t ever take it down! It’s so fun and informative!

23. February 2, 2010 / 6:05 pm

I just thought of another question!

Is there any Japanese brand hair colour that still offers the gray / silver? I looked everywhere online for the Palty grey but, I could not find it and even when I went to NYC [tons of Palty hair colour in JAS Mart, no grey]!

Was it discontinued due to it’s decline in popularity?

24. Dolly
    February 2, 2010 / 7:04 pm

Excited for what’s to come~!!

Here’s a question I’ve had. What ages to gals usually range up to? I know they start young and now that there’s an increase in gal mama, has the age gap grown in numbers? I’m curious when it’s considered “too old” to be gal in Japan.

Also, have you ever seen a gaijin gal shop staff? I would love to see one though I kind of doubt I will…? Anyway, thank you!

25. Lena
    February 2, 2010 / 7:34 pm

I was wondering if you knew stores which carried 25.5 cm shoes.

日本では大きい靴を見つかりにくい!助けてくれないの?(笑)

26. Anon
    February 2, 2010 / 7:49 pm

I was wondering more about the lifestyle of gal beyond just the fashion. What do gals do for fun or to hang out besides just shopping?

Also I would love to see Violet do a guest post about himegal style!

27. Katrin
    February 3, 2010 / 7:32 am

And my question might sound abit lame.
    Ive heard so much about eyebrows on gals, like that you aint a proper gal unless you more or less shave off 90% of your eyebrows and paint them on.
    So it seems like keeping them tweezed and fine isn’t enough?

so I wondered how much truth it is in that, or if its accepted to have different kinds of eyebrows. *^^*

28. Sachi
    February 3, 2010 / 10:10 am

Great, thank you so much for this post!

My questions:

1. Can I also shop for shoes at 109 although I have the size of 25.5 ? Would be a pity if I couldn’t :((

2. Could you perhaps do a tutorial or something like that to show the best way that gaijin can do gyaru make up (especially for eyes)

Thank you so much in advance!

29. Julia
    February 3, 2010 / 10:36 am

So nice of you to do this :)
    I’d really like to know some gal hairstyles for girls without bangs. I rarely see any gals without bangs; so is it even possible to create a nice hairstyles without them?
    Also, which popular gal brands sell overseas/are reselled somewhere?

30. Sami
    February 3, 2010 / 10:38 am

Hey Mitsu!
    I would like to hear your opion on whether or not you can be a Gal without a 100% commitment?
    It seems everyone in the fashion dresses up perfectly everyday and I find myself thinking I don’t have such motivation/dedication!

31. Amber
    February 3, 2010 / 12:34 pm

Hi,
    i also have a question, i will hopefully go to japan this year to study and wanted to ask if it is possible to work as ryuugakusei in a shop (maybe even somewhere at 109)???? Shopping can get expensive that why i would like to work (ps. is there any kind of staff discount???)
    have a great day and i love your blog (like a lot of people) <3
    Amber

32. February 3, 2010 / 12:49 pm

I know you’ve touched on this recently, but I’ve been curious about circle lenses for a LONG time. I wear glasses, but never contacts and I’m really torn between the fabulous look and the horror stories that go around the internet. I’ve been having trouble finding an “unbiased” source for info because people are either all for them or dead-set against them. Are they really that dangerous/what are the real risks? How can you go about preventing problems? I’d love to try them out, but I guess I’m also looking for more reassurance before I stick something potentially dangerous in my eyes. XD

33. February 3, 2010 / 2:33 pm

ah! and got another question (again)

do u know store which are known for selling
    cute big size shoes? D:

34. February 3, 2010 / 2:45 pm

oh, and nearly forgot. job chances for gaijin gals, and aswell gaijins in japan :O

35. February 3, 2010 / 7:06 pm

Hi Mitsu, first off, I LOVE your blog! Secondly, my question:

Where can you buy gal clothing (that looks similar to MA*RS and LIP SERVICE) in Canada/America? And on a budget too. I really love the clothing from MA*RS and LIP SERVICE, but I always have trouble finding things that fit into that style.

February 3, 2010 / 7:21 pm

In the blog posts listed as upcoming about Lip to overseas and Mar*s to overseas I’ll discuss that.

36. Suyin
    February 3, 2010 / 7:23 pm

I love your blog, ♥
    LOL, so my question is:

I have tiny feet…(I can fit into a 4(1/2), 5@the biggest: I do prefer not having this size because there is a lot of room… ) and I always have trouble finding cute shoes in my size, do 109 carry shoes in this size?

37. Pauline
    February 3, 2010 / 10:38 pm

Mitsu! Hair post, please! I have been vacillating on cutting my hair short, but can’t risk it not staying with my Gal love! help, please! plus, i dont know how I would like to style it regularly. Thank you!

38. vividancer
    February 4, 2010 / 12:01 am

dear mitsu, thank you for answering my question in your previous ask anything post. loving your blog as much as ever. :)

my questions this time…

1) in fashion, gyaru being no exception, trends come and go. however, which are the recurrent trends that you have seen emerge season after season?

2) care to share your 3 most loved and most disliked fashion trends?

3) this is quite unrelated to the other 2 questions… how did you learn japanese and what did it take to get you to the level of proficiency that you have today?

thank you!! :)

39. February 4, 2010 / 3:03 am

Three questions, if you please!

Would you say the Japanese public’s image of gals has improved any in recent years? I see models on variety programs all the time, so I’m wondering if the media’s fascination with gals is genuinely positive or not.

Any interesting nail trends that have caught your eye? I know stiletto nails and large gems have been popular for some time, but is there anything new we should know about?

Have you noticed any emerging trends in deco? Specifically, what sort of design motifs or techniques have been popping up lately?

My interest in both nails and deco has been growing again, so I’m definitely curious!

40. February 4, 2010 / 7:37 am

I was wondering What you experiences being a tall girl in Japan where like(if they’ve been different at all)and what brands you felt where best for your height?:)

41. Molly
    February 4, 2010 / 2:54 pm

I live in a very humid part of south Texas where there I can never get my hair to stay curly or completely straight. Do you have any tips for keeping a voluminous, gyaru style throughout the day?

42. J
    February 5, 2010 / 6:14 am

What’s the view on eating disorders in the Japanese gal community?
    And weight in general, how are you treated and/or though of if you are either stick thin or chubby?

43. February 5, 2010 / 12:53 pm

i really like to wear coordinates with straptops/tube tops/neckholder.
    but i dont like to go -only- with the camisole, coz then i feel so “naked”.
    do you know shops which sell cute “mini-jackets” (camisole?)
    (sorry,im not shure about the proper engl word :( ). i mean, not like parkas, hoodies,
    more smaller, thinner ones, which i can aswell wear with onepieces,and maybe skirts.
    or aswell other suggestions for this coordinate problem.
    sorry, maybe seems like a dumb question, but thats sth im really having troubles since a long time, to find a cute one and aswell matching to my outfit. i end up always wearing one, which seems quite out of place compared to the rest of the outfit. :(

44. Ping
    February 5, 2010 / 8:14 pm

Hello!

I have some questions in my mind…

May I know if living in Japan is tough?
    Is everything quite costly over there?
    If I’m interested to study or live in Japan, what should I be concern about before moving there?

45. Nami
    February 7, 2010 / 9:34 am

Hello, I have a question;
    How do the Japanese respond to people from China? I know the two countries have a big past, as I am half Chinese myself. But I was wondering, because I heard that the Japanese are racist to the Chinese quite some times (and vice-versa too).

46. nav
    February 7, 2010 / 6:58 pm

omg i’m asking something another thing now…
    ahahaha please bear with me
    so! could you do a post on gal circles…like, i think i’ve got the gist of them but…i dunno like the different types..did you ever get asked to join one, what people do when they join, ect, ect.

47. vividancer
    February 7, 2010 / 8:19 pm

dear mitsu,

thanks so much for answering my previous questions!! appreciate it. :D thank you also for the article on gaijin gals and safety in Japan, it served as a really important and timely reminder for me.

I hope you don’t mind if i ask some further questions. I’d like to know:

What are shopstaffs’ perceptions and attitudes towards non Japanese speaking customers? do they have an aversion towards serving non Japanese speaking customers if they are not conversant in the same languages as these customers?

I understand that you may not have personal experience with this as you do speak Japanese, but was wondering whether you have any views to share on the topic. I have been to Tokyo a number of times in the past few years and shopped at places like 109, Marui, Lumine, etc. As i’m Asian, brown-haired and fair skinned, it is often assumed that i speak and understand Japanese even though the truth is my Japanese doesn’t go beyond good morning, thank you, sorry i don’t understand, and the like, LOL! what often happens is that shopstaff will give me their usual warm welcome and service and say lots of things enthusiastically in Japanese and when it is revealed that I don’t understand what they just said, a weird silence follows and subsequently we’ll communicate by pointing and nodding. that said, they still remain very polite and obliging, but I get the feeling that they feel uncomfortable or are not used to serving non Japanese speaking customers.

however, i must say that I have met shopstaff who have tried their best to communicate with me in English and gone out of their way to be kind to me. <3 <3 <3

thank you for reading my long post. :P

48. silk
    February 7, 2010 / 8:35 pm

Hello Mitsu,

First of all, thank you very much for your time answering questions. It’s helpful and interesting. Fight-Oh! xD

Now to the questions:
    – I read in one of your posts that you think that gay gyaru is a current issue. Could you please to write more about it?
    – Considering that Japanese culture is different from say American (obviously, duh), I was wondering if you could share your opinion on what stroke you the most when you started living in Japan? Any shattered myths?
    – I’m kinda interested in the relationship between female x male, female x female and male x male in Japanese society.
    – This question is close to the above. It’s about couples. I’ve heard that say when Japanese wanna do “it”, they will definitely take shower first. And, a question like “Wanna take a shower?” can be considered as a hint to it. Or that many relationship start from intimacy. Are there many couples that can be seen kissing on the streets; holding hands; are couples obvious (like you see 2 people and go “oh, they’re together”); is it usually girl gyaru x boy gyaru… I am not sure how to put this question more right, but the point is that the subject is ‘Japanese couples” (pardon my calembour BD).
    – Japanese girls (and boys?) starve themselves? I know you wrote about it before, but… recently I’ve been seeing many photos of Japanese women (not only in magazines), and I noticed that they’re not just thin but they have no visible muscles, which led me to the thought that they don’t really do any strength training, do they? Meantime, almost all jp programs talk about food and eat food and they have lots of places where to eat. In different jp magazines there are “before and after” shots of the girls who lost weight. Do they use pills? Do they (girls, in general) believe in them, do they work? Or, as mentioned above, jp girls just don’t eat?

*exhales*

Sorry… did I overdo it? heh ^^;;

Well… Thank you in advance~

49. pauline
    February 8, 2010 / 1:21 pm

Also – forgive me if I’m way off base here, but is there a trend for western gals to give themselves “gal” names? Is it just to give their new persona a different name to go by?

50. Ashley
    February 8, 2010 / 4:14 pm

So are you an american in Japan going to college.Sometimes when your talking about yourself i get lost.

February 8, 2010 / 4:26 pm

I did go to college in Japan, I just graduated. I am American (a Texan). Since the blog isn’t about me much, I guess I don’t say much. If you’re curious about more I guess you can look here http://universal-doll.com/?page_id=150

51. Mely
    February 8, 2010 / 6:06 pm

Hello! :D

How do the Japanese feel about other Asians (not Chinese/Korean) like Vietnamese, Malaysian, Filipino, Thai, etc.? Are there a lot of them living/dressing in gyaru fashion in Japan? Do they treat them like how some people treat Caucasian/other non-Asian gaijin or do they treat them differently? I’ve always wanted to know because a lot of gaijin questions come from non-Asian peeps and I can’t really relate… :idea:

52. blot
    February 9, 2010 / 1:48 am

Is parapara still popular with gyaru? Do I have to learn it in order to “become” gyaru? Also, do some gals just view gyaru as a fashion and not follow the gyaru “lifestyle trends/fashion lifestyle”?

Can’t wait for more new posts :idea:

53. February 9, 2010 / 9:10 am

Sorry to bother you with this question, I know you’re busy answering so many…

I am currently working on a project for my Japanese class. I need to do a 20 minute speech (in Japanese argh :!: ) on a chosen subject.
    My partner and I have chosen ‘How the Japanese view Gaijin’ and I was wondering if you had any imput on the matter. We’re looking at stereotypes, and how it effects relations between Japan and the West (that could be something like, has it changed your views about Japan?).

I know this isn’t Gal related, so if you have the time to answer (don’t worry if you’re busy) could you email me; bloomzy8@hotmail.com
    Thank you!! :wink:

54. February 10, 2010 / 8:03 am

how do gyaru/hime gyaru/japanese girls in general get the money to buy all these cute things that japan has to offer?
    I live in miami, and I am telling you, there is no fashion here. I mean “miami fashion” but it’s boring, and ed hardy, and so played out. where do young japanese girls work? and also gaijin gyaru, where do they work (in their own countries and in japan?) and how do they get all their money to become gyaru? I know the majority of gaijin gyaru must order their stuff from online, but how? do you have a credit card? debit card? I’m sorry >< I just have so many questions that I wonder about this because im trying to reinvent myself

also another thing, I've been studying japanese for 4 years and even though I took a year off im picking it up again and I can hold a basic conversation. my ultimate dream/goal in life is to live and work in japan and have a completely japanese lifestyle. what im curious about is how I should go about doing that?
    I was watching kawaii tv and they have that episode on gaijin gyaru and it shows soooo many gaijin gyaru and gaijin living and walking around the streets of tokyo. they all look so young too! do they get to do this by pure luck of being wealthy or is there some sort of secret I dont know about that could land me in japan like nooooowwwww?

thankyou so much! and im absolutely inlove with your blog ♥

55. Essy
    February 10, 2010 / 11:49 am

Hi, I love reading your blog. Really informative for gaijin gyaru. I was wondering after reading your post about Tsubasa. There are many Gals who get “unwanted” pregnant at a young age. Like Tsubasa, Rumi, Kaoru, Tsuji Nozomi. Don’t they get education about it or do it safely? Is it a Gal lifestyle thing? Sounds a bit stupid though….but with all the shotgun marriages I began to wonder.

56. February 10, 2010 / 2:42 pm

Are gals religious or spiritual? Do they practice meditation or visit shrines or have any rituals?

57. vonni
    February 11, 2010 / 6:15 am

How would i go about getting a homestay in japan for a month? i live in england and it seems to be mostly for americans or singapore?

58. aiko
    February 11, 2010 / 5:49 pm

What application do you use when editing the photos (header picture, i’m not sure what it’s called… the picture that’s at the top of your blog articles) in your blog? I think they’re awesome!

59. TJ
    February 11, 2010 / 7:35 pm

I love the websites, but I can not read Japanese, at all. And I live in America. Could I still order them? And how can I get magazines? Like Jelly and what not…

60. Emma
    February 12, 2010 / 3:05 am

Have you heard much gal slang? Does it exist?

61. alinkie
    February 16, 2010 / 4:35 am

Hi there ! I know that you no longer accept questions, but I just wanted to use this post as an opportunity to tell you how I find your site brilliantly interesting, hahah ;3
    No, really – I do like gyaru, but as I don’t actually dress in that style , I didn’t think that a blog by gyaru and for gyaru will turn out something that I want to follow.
    I also wanted to say that I really admire you for deciding to be a gyaru while being..well Caucasian. There are times when I’d really want to try that too, but I just don’t know how to be girly, and somehow, I feel inappropriate for that style. Especially body wise.
    I spent a whole month in Tokyo not so long ago (I say whole month because that’s a long time for someone from Eastern Europe, hahah) and I must say I developed certain fondness for the fashion styles other than my own. but originally, I’m really into visual kei so the shops I went to were …Listen Flavor, Banana Fish, Algonquins, super Lovers, sex pot revenge, peace now and black peace now…
    Naturally i did visit shibuya 109 and was mesmerized but I think I was too afraid to go out of my safe zone, if you know what I mean.
    Anyway, after seeing so many style possibilities , I feel like I’m having an identity crisis, hahah. I go through magazines like Kera and Popteen and Zipper and Sweet and a lot of others and I don’t know anymore, whether I’m suited for cute or for rockish or for girly (as in GAL) .
    anyway, Im gonna keep reading your blog and keep looking up to you – maybe someday I’ll know what’s my place in the fashion world as you do ^_^
    Sorry for babbling so much!

62. Charlotte
    February 16, 2010 / 7:09 am

I know that it’s kind of late for this, sorry, but I was wondering if you knew of any online webstores like Pinky Paradise or Pretty and Cute that sell asian fashion accessories and beauty supplies?

63. March 8, 2012 / 2:42 pm

Hi, just wondering if you knew if gaijin can get a Shibuya 109 credit card? I would love to get one, but most people say that getting any Japanese credit card is next to impossible. thanks!

March 8, 2012 / 4:21 pm

I imagine it’s very much the same. Since they just put a name on it. It’s more a credit agency that sets the rules.