Paris Day 3 – Arch de Triumph, Eiffel Tower

EDIT: ARGGGGGGGhhhhhhh!!!! I didn’t know comments were messing up! Fixed! :^_^;;: :^_^;;:

New design over at the Doll. Tons of kinks to work out, but I’m rather tired of looking at code and I’m woefully inept at learning it. The popular posts has now been made a page with tons of resources and info. If you’re a bit new to reading please be sure to check out the popular posts. The “read more” is actually my handwriting, I finally got around to using my tablet in a redesign. :idea:

It was Valentine’s Day in France and we got a late start since I had belly troubles. 8) I think this was our most touristy day.

I do not know whether to be impressed or freaked out by ancient body builder sphinx lady. I do wonder if it’s anatomically sphinx correct for the nipple to poke through the breastplate. Nipples and biceps of stone, lion-chan :wink:

Obligatory Eiffel shot. As expected on Valentine’s Day the lines to get in were packed. Street hawkers were out in full force and it was enough people to make anyone grumpy. We enjoyed the view from the base, and eschewed the crowds.

The Musee Maillol which was right near where were staying, near the Orsay.

In a bit of irony of the oldest looking buildings in Paris was showing a Damien Hirst exhibit.

After the Eiffel we headed to the Arch de Triumph. To me Arch beat Eiffel, I know people are going to thinking I’m crazy about now. I am a bit of a dorky Tour de France fan so maybe that’s why it’s felt more fun to be around.

The lovely carvings inside.

An idea of how massive it really is. :wink:

Although I admit I was not to keen on getting a balls-eye view of antique French wang. :oops:  Is this the antique upskirt? :roll:

View of Champs-Elysees

View from the Champs-Elysees back to the Arch de Triumph.

A fabulously expensive-looking bistro on the Champs-Elysees

Some exquisite looking gates heading off of Champs-Elysees to Franklin D. Roosevelt st.

Absolutely love this sculpture. Glad News needs to make this as a t-shirt print :love:

The natural history museum, which was holding a dinosaur exhibit. We passed a child and he looked up and waved at this dinosaur and said “Au revoir dinosaur! Au revoir!” teehee so cute :mrgreen: Love the colorful Art Nouveau tilework behind.

One of my favorite unexpected enjoyments in Paris. The bridge Pont Alexandre III, it’s absolutely gorgeous and has wonderful views of the Eiffel Tower.

Fighting with a cherub :wink:

Are you getting bored of seeing me in my leopard jacket + scarf? Believe me I was! I keep kicking myself that I didn’t bring a second jacket :x I’m just not used to always wearing one (it was t-shirt weather today in Houston and the windows are open :o  ).

We spent dinner at a local cafe and watched the Olympics on the big screen. It was really nice to watch the Olympics is another language and damn you Europeans! Your coverage is so much better than our American one :x European TV is such fun! Family Guy seems hilarious in German (with shockingly spot on voices, although I do not watch the English version the man said so) and NCIS is quite giggle-worthy in French :-D

1. ai
    February 20, 2010 / 6:27 pm

omg!! love the new design of the site!!!
    kiko ftw! :)
    lol at ur comment of “antique upskirt” and i love that skull sculpture too!

February 21, 2010 / 10:53 am

kiko is pretty isn’t she~ And her weird pose fit what I was looking for too :sparkle2:

That I think is the problem of continuously looking at old sculptures, way too much wang :stars:

2. Glitter
    February 20, 2010 / 8:24 pm

hellooo :) :idea: :wink: did you post the contest results…can’t find it :^_^;;:

February 21, 2010 / 9:52 am

I did say I would post them by the end of the week (I meant 17th through the 24th). I’ve got a bit of a backlog of things to do since getting back home and a bit of a cold, but it should be done through the 24th. When the person replies back, I’ll let everyone know :sparkle2:

3. February 21, 2010 / 3:30 am

The new layout is lovely!
    Ah, I loved the pictures~ :mrgreen: Makes me want to go to Paris too! I will, some day, haha.
    I agree on the “Glad News should make this a t-shirt print” :P It would be awesome!

February 21, 2010 / 10:54 am

Awwwh thank you! :hearts3: That’s the problem with me and travel too, anytime I see travel photos I think “I wanna go there!!” hehehee :sparkle2:

4. Sachi
    February 21, 2010 / 3:41 am

I also want this skull as a shirt print :DD Looks adorable!
    Always wanted to go to Paris, also because I’m living so near, but just drove through it :/ Paris looks amazing ♥

February 21, 2010 / 10:54 am

Only drove? If you live close, girl you gotta go :star2:

5. February 21, 2010 / 3:58 am

Totally laughing at the antique french wang XD

February 21, 2010 / 10:54 am

I am a four-year-old at heart :rila:

6. February 21, 2010 / 6:32 am

Glad News need to do some dinosaur prints lmao :wink:

February 21, 2010 / 10:55 am

LOL omg girl, you are so right!! Dino craziness would be awesome! :hearts:

7. February 21, 2010 / 7:46 am

First off~ LOVE LOVE your new layout! >> Eiffel Tower, haha XD I don’t know, I guess I just appreciate the intricacy of the architecture so much more on that site <3
    The building with the heart out front is gorgeous too!

February 21, 2010 / 10:56 am

LOL The man thought I was a bit insane, too. He’s an Eiffel buff as well :peer:

Thank youuuuuuu :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

8. Lindsey
    February 21, 2010 / 9:04 am

:love: What a lovely day out! I’m so jealous to be honest! Paris is so lovely! And from pictures I too would agree that the Arch is better the Eiffel Tower… so much intricate work!!!

And the new layout is a SUPER win!!!

February 21, 2010 / 10:57 am

YAY! I’m happy to spot another Arch lover :loveword:

9. February 21, 2010 / 9:55 am

I love your new layout design, it’s really cool, with the brand links up top. The header area is really awesome, and your handwriting is very nice :hearts: Oh and look at these great new emoticons :rila: rilakkuma!! Oh you make me want to try and re-do my site. But it wouldn’t come out half as cool as yours :mrgreen:

I loved seeing your Paris photos, there is so much great art and architecture in Europe. I always feel America is so plain when I see photos like these. And wow, you look so teeny compared to that big statue.

February 21, 2010 / 10:59 am

Oh pls, girl I’ve seen your layout (everyday hehehee) it took some skills girl. I am like a mad scientist working out layouts, without the science but with a lot more MAD :note:

LOL when I put the rilakkuma one in I thought of you :hearts2:

I know!!! I felt the same way. I live in an old building in the states, but omg it feels so new and boring looking all the fancy doors and sconces and flounces that decorate any older French building. :depressed:

10. February 21, 2010 / 1:26 pm

Ahahahaha antique upskirt minus the skirt xD and you’re right! They do need to make that sculpture a tshirt print! Now!!
    and Paris looks sooo fun!!! I really want to go there. One of these days…or else my 5+years of French classes will be for nothing. lol

E> An

11. February 21, 2010 / 5:40 pm

Love the new layout!:) I’ve only just noticed the emoticons,so cute :rila:
    Its looks like you had a lovely day,the photos are pretty ,the bridge is gorgeous and lol at some of your comments:D
    Watching programs I’m familiar with in a another language I don’t fully get amuses me aswell,Spongebob in German is particularly funny:)

12. February 22, 2010 / 6:19 am

wow i love the Champs-Elysees building, the gate and the skull with butterflies, they all look so awesome :korila:
    and your new layout is cute ^__^
    and i think ur jacket is so cute~ i want one too :mrgreen: :hearts: