Paris – Day Two – Disneyland Paris

Hello ladies :idea: Thank you for all the lovely trip comments, it’s wonderful to be back home! I’m exhausted and a bit sick :( But I should be back to full speed blogging-wise. I’ll be alternating off this week between pictures around Paris and gal news and style trend updates. Some of the links might be buggy since I’m trying to code a new site (which is slow since I think a beaver with a toothpick and plyers could figure out coding better than I can :icon_eek: ), but they should be fixed soon!

A big thank you to those who entered the contest. I’ll be sorting out the winner within the week. I should also have a new contest up by the end of the month :oops:

I know some may be reading this and think why in the hell I’d want to go to Disney when I’ve got such amazing art & architecture & castles to see in Paris. The problem is my love for Disney :mrgreen: After going to Tokyo Disney my first year in Japan, I had a renewed love with all things Disney. We even went last year to Florida Disney’s complex for our anniversary. :arrow:  Now it’s my travel goal to head to all the Disneys! I have California and Hong Kong left :)

Fantasyland as seem from the Castle :idea:

It doesn’t hurt than Disney + 109 = love :idea: . From Kumiko / Kumicky’s rebranding. To LDS, Love Boat, ReDark, and Mar*s all having clothing deals to put out cute Mickey items. It’s all a cute fest. :idea:

Paris Disneyworld feels notably smaller than Florida Disney and Tokyo Disney, but it’s newer and a bit more shiny.

Pluses:

• You can go up in the castle!
  • Their redone Space Mountain is much more comfortable and a thrillride than the other two.
  • The only one that gets reliable snow.
  • They offered a free hot drink with purchase, cappucino for everyone!
  • You get to hear English, Polish, Russian, French and Italian in the lines and many more…
  • Their signature restaurant has a Princess visiting option.
  • The most Marie love (of course :wink: )
  • Easy to walk around in.
  • Phantom Manor has its own story.

Minuses:

• No nightly fireworks
  • Smaller means less rides
  • Less characters roaming the grounds
  • Less shops
  • No redone Pirates of the Caribbean (no Jack!)

It was lightly snowing that day and everyone was bundled up, and my poor native Texan body was shivering. My toes went numb a few times. :^_^;;: Jack Sparrow although not in the Pirates of  the Caribbean ride was out to greet people. People kept calling him “Jacques Sparro-” hehehee

Their version of Space Mountain

Discoveryland which housed Space Mountain

Their pirate ship which was closed because of the weather. I love the snowy skull :mrgreen:

A traincar going down snowy Big Thunder Mountain

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril got the Francaise treatmeant :wink:

Adorable Parisian Disney themed merchandise

Cute masks for the cold weather :idea: Kids looked so adorable in these!

My best snowy shot. I loved Mickey covered in snow. :idea:

On the teacups freezing my booty off. The man offered to steer the cold wheel alone :love:

The amazing crystal Castle from the crystal shop inside the castle (like Florida’s and Tokyo’s). However the castle inside also had a sleeping dragon and the ability to climb around in it.

The castle at night. So beautiful! Loved the Mickey spires. :!:

So I looked everywhere for signs of Parisian or European signs of glocalization. Glocalization is the concept that a global giant such as Disney can provide items appealing only to local tastes. Such as McDonalds with their Beer service in Paris McDonalds or Matcha Milkshakes in Tokyo McDonalds. Tokyo Disneyworld has tons of pair items which couples eat up. It also has lots of snack packages and group phone charms for omiyage to friends.

The best sign I saw of Parisian glocalization was Mickey thongs. :oops: Never have I seen Mickey thongs, but apparrently as I was trying to discretely take pictures of thongs (very hard to discretely do, btw) two people came up and bought them. :o

p.s. I know some people were curious about the French attitudes and I can say 100% it’s untrue that they’re rude. I found the French amazingly courteous, quite fine with our rudimentary French and very helpful and sincere in their service.

Next up trip-wise: The Arch, the Eiffel and random pics of old Paris. :idea:

1. non
    February 18, 2010 / 11:47 am

omg, disney paris looks amazing! ;; and hahaha, how nice of him to offer to steer the teacup! xD

come to california! original disneyland is awesome.

2. February 18, 2010 / 11:54 am

I’m so glad you enjoyed Disneyland Paris. I have only been to the ones in Florida, and Tokyo. I’d like to visit the Paris one but living in the UK we only get all the bad news about it, like the rides being shut because of the weather etc.

I love the pair/group items at Tokyo Disney, but I was sad to see a lack of Marie items. I should definitely visit Paris if only for those lol :mrgreen:

You look lovely even in the freezing weather. That’s one of the things I find really hard living in the UK (as the weather is similar), as it’s so cold I usually have to wrap up D:

3. February 18, 2010 / 12:12 pm

Wow, Disneyland Paris looks much smaller than Disneyland here in CA!! You should definitely come to the one here in Southern CA…I have an annual pass and go every other weekend! Though, it can get super (annoyingly) crowded during peak seasons (Summer, Thanksgiving-January 1st). California Adventure, which is next door, is fun too..but totally not worth the price tag…only 4 good rides there!

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!!

4. February 18, 2010 / 5:18 pm

<3 looks like you had so much fun!

5. February 18, 2010 / 6:01 pm

Mickey thongs omg XD lol~
    Even from the pictures it does look smaller, but still so nice! I love the shot of the castle at night <3

6. LANA
    February 18, 2010 / 8:14 pm

WELCOME BACK! :D

It looks like sooo much fun!!

7. February 19, 2010 / 12:49 am

I so love your outfit here! Also I’m totally giggling at the idea of Mickey thongs, the sad part is I bet they would sell well here in Australia too >_< Hope you had great time!

8. February 19, 2010 / 8:28 am

Oh thank you so much for posting these pics! It makes me want to go to Disneyland Paris soooo badly!! The castle looks really unique, not like the Cinderella castle, and that’s so cool you can go into it. Space Mountain looks so different too, I like how they improved it^^

You look totally cute riding in the tea cup, and how gallant of your man to touch that freezing steering wheel. :idea:

Mickey thongs… I’m not so into that.

9. February 19, 2010 / 1:58 pm

Hey, hey, I just can’t read you and not to comment! Especially because I’m French, crazy about Disney and until october 2009 I lived near Disneyland park!

So I was often going to the village to make shopping!

Sure you must have been freezing ’round here! I remember last year, we’ve been in the park for Christmas (with my 87 years old grand mother who has never been to disneyland) it was around -12°C and snowing! The worst thing is the park is in a valley so you may have noticed the freezing wind!

I agree with you our Disneyland is small, they’re actually trying to enlarge it with the studio but I must admit I prefer the first park, more magical!

It’s too bad you missed the fireworks… Because there are fireworks and night illuminated parade for Christmas. And in summer the “Wishes” fireworks show!
    Honestly, even if it’s really freezing at that time Christmas is the real best time to be in Disneyland, when they set the Belle’s Village (and they sell delicious pretzels XD)

Anyway, you’re right about Captain Jack Sparrow. They didn’t actualize the attraction except with the cast member indeed…
    Lol, your note about our accent pronuncing Jack Sparrow made me laugh! That’s so true! We also pronunce Harry Potter ” ‘Ary Potter” XD

Finally, I was always wondering if the disney thongs in the shops were a “specialty” of our park, and it really seems to be! XD They also did Jessica Rabbit lingerie and Marie and Miss Bunny nightwear when I was there!

So, I guess that’s all I wanted to say! I’m glad you enjoyed your travel in Paris! That’s too bad, really, that I moved last year, I would have loved to meet you! Now I live in Bordeaux (South West of France, well known for its wines and its gastronomy)…

It’s always nice to read your blog! :idea:
    xoxo

10. February 21, 2010 / 11:42 am

Aww~ How fun!! I looove Disney too!! Only been to California and Florida though…one of these days I’ll get to the others…..
    And I’m lovin the thongs!! I would definitely buy them haha

-An