Rienda goes Latina & Rodeo Crowns – Streetwear meets Gal s/s 2010

Rienda details:
katakana: リエンダ
website: http://www.rienda.jp/
number of stores: 7
this season’s concept: “Latina” colors give it sexy mixed with “Mystic Girly” nude colors give an edge to girly style.
what it’s really this season: Adult Girly mix with a few bold colors thrown in.
year began: 2004
model: Vivi’s Kana Oya

Aye papi! Can we get a nomination for Reinda for “worst use of English in a s/s catalog” for 2010? Oh dear and Mystic Girly :huh:  You’d think she was some patchouli smelling hippie instead of a bodycon chica. :P

I’ve really never been all about Rienda. It doesn’t hurt that in 109 they’re right next to Spiral Girl and Lip Service which is some serious competition. But, one of my gal friends really loves them and I’m always complementing her look, so maybe I need to take another look at them. After which we sing a few bars of karaoke favorite Linda, Linda by the Blue Hearts :note:

They have a second catalog on their web (the one above is their print catalog) in it, and they show a more desert/fun side.

I think Duras did the frill dress better, but Rienda’s is still cute. Those shoes are from their web catalog, but they’re 13400 yen (around $150), ouch :(

Rodeo Crowns details:
katakana: ロデオ クラウンズ
website: http://www.rodeocrowns.jp/
number of stores: 7
this season’s concept: Edge is created by styling and mixing items. The base theme is a powerful woman, using a tight silhouette.
what it’s really this season: A blend of gal and streetwear with tough mannish basics.
year began: 2004

Rodeo Crowns has a strong following in the gal world, even the last post Kanako lists it as one of her top. It’s very interesting to see how they try to work a strong streetwear style (like from Stussy and Natural Nine) into a gal style. Or rather it’s a streetwear brand meant for girls, which usually doesn’t happen in American or Japanese streetwear (instead men’s lines get a female line later like Lady Bape).

Guess who’s watched a lot of Quentin Taratino movies :roll:

They also have some of their tshirts up in basic design form for you to look at.

One of those rare times when Engrish makes sense. I think in my drunken moments I could totally agree with this shirt. :sparkle2:

I would’ve been more amused if it said “fap” making fun of the Gap, but meh. You can’t win every Engrish time. :o

There is also a link to their website for background downloads which does have the “Drunken Heaven” as a wallpaper, so you can lol on your laptop :peer: .

I’m a sucker for Engrish, love the casual look of the middle style and love the flower pants and fun bowler on the left. Although that track jacket (along with many of their other pieces) is not for me :-S

Okay, voting timewhich one do you like better Rienda or Rodeo Crowns? Which styles do you hate & love?

1. March 2, 2010 / 1:12 pm

I can´t find anything really “amazing” in the Rodeo Crowns collection but I still love it, even this time I think I prefer Rienda :)
    xx

March 2, 2010 / 4:32 pm

That was my problem with both. Nothing said, OMG buy me from either :^_^;;:

2. March 2, 2010 / 1:15 pm

rienda is REALLY not my thing :depressed: it’s cute, but doesn’t seem ‘casual’ enough. i think that’s the word i’m looking for, not quite sure :roll:
    rodeo crowns is AWESOME though :hearts3:

March 2, 2010 / 4:33 pm

I agree. I think Reinda appeals to a more mature audience like Egoist and Duras does but I totally agree it doesn’t feel as approachable as the other two :(

3. March 2, 2010 / 1:28 pm

I’m not a massive fan of either of them.
    Although I do love the blue dress coordinate, and the last black dress coordinate by Rienda.

The funniest Engrish top I have bought was from ‘NOW HERE’ in 109-2.
    It was a cute t-shirt that said “I heart my chick, you are still green” – My friend and I HAD to buy it, hilarious :P

March 2, 2010 / 4:34 pm

LOL Engrish FTW!

I agree, I see things that I’m like …that’s nice or …that’s kinda cool but nothing that’s a shocker. Bit of a bust for both, eh? :icon_eek:

4. March 2, 2010 / 2:55 pm

Rienda is kinda interesting, but the second brand, Rodeo Crowns, didn’t interested me

March 2, 2010 / 4:35 pm

I feel they paired their items too haphazardly for people to like them. Maybe separately the pieces would be good? :star2:

• March 2, 2010 / 5:34 pm

Yeah, probably if they were worked separated or in a different way would look better.

Well, it’s just my opinion, but Rienda still caught my attention everytime I look at their ads!

5. March 2, 2010 / 3:19 pm

Rienda won this round for me. Both of these styles are a little too mature sexy for me, but I like Rienda’s style more :wink: I like the floral dress, and the big dot dress. The power shoulder trend is a bit strange to me, but I like their take on it with the leather jacket and bright blue skirt.

Rodeo Heart’s blue satin jacket and overalls are cute, and I like the basic items too. But I keep thinking “Get that model some pantyhose!” in the mini skirt shots haha

March 2, 2010 / 4:36 pm

LOL you must be thinking that a lot on Tokyo streets. :note: I am shocked sometimes by how barelegged everyone is, but then I get numb to it :o

I’m so excited you’re going soon. LOL be my personal shopper :wink:

6. March 2, 2010 / 4:03 pm

I gotta say Rodeo Crowns wins this battle :love:
    I like some of Rienda’s pieces (like that strong-shoulder leather jacket & a couple of the other outerwear pieces) but the rest has been done before. It doesn’t help that the catalogue looks ultra-cheaply shot & I hate the model’s hair for some reason, haha (btw is that Kiko from ViVi?)

March 2, 2010 / 4:38 pm

Yeah it does look cheap :-S A bit like bad 80s catalogs with a lot of neon :icon_eek:

Both to me seem just okay I wish I got more revved up about this post :(

March 2, 2010 / 5:18 pm

Ooo this is great fodder for a question I’m planning to pose :) Thank you :waves:

• March 2, 2010 / 5:42 pm

Haha, no problem!!
            & omg I’m such a retard… You clearly wrote the Rienda model is Kana Oya & I thought it was Kiko… :oops:

7. nav
    March 2, 2010 / 5:50 pm

in rienda’s i loved the middle dress in your top the three picks…so cute >.<
    as for rodeo clowns…ehm i dunno i like the mannish look sometimes but this was not one of those times..and yeah someone commented above the catalouge was just horrible

March 2, 2010 / 8:16 pm

That one was my fave of the bunch, too :idea:
      It does look a bit like a hipster American catalog. Yanno. Like without bad haircuts or ironic backdrops. :note:

8. Nicolette
    March 2, 2010 / 6:54 pm

I’m seeing a lot of things that I’ve seen before that bother brands here are presenting, but Rodeo Crowns beats Rienda to me here.

Rienda – A lot of the looks look cheap to me for some reason. I don’t know if it’s the shoot, but a lot of the clothes don’t look like things I would add to my closet. Like the black dress in the 4th photo, or the clothes in the 7th and 11th ones. Also, I don’t like clutch bags. They’re just inconvinent to me, lol. :mrgreen:

That said, I’m a sucker for blazers and jackets, and I like the ones in the 3rd and 6th photos (especially the on in the 6th! :hearts:). I also like the shoes she’s wearing in both pics.

Rodeo Clowns – There’s a lot of simple stuff here that’s been done before, and I don’t really like Engrish on clothes lol, but it’s just so fun! And I love boyish look, so I feel in love with their clothes. :hearts3:

Personally, for me the highlight of their line is that hat! I like that it seems to come in different colors (I like the tan color in the 3rd photo the best). I think the strongest looks are the 13th, 14th, and last ones; those are the funnest to me. The accessories are really adorable too. :stepup:

All in all I think there can be so much more mix-and-match action with Rodeo Clowns then with Rienda. Rodeo Clowns also seems to have more depth to me. :star2:

March 2, 2010 / 8:19 pm

I absolutely agree, and the sad thing is Rienda is quite expensive. It’s price line is on par with Moussy and Duras. I agree I really like the casual blazer trend. It’s hard to look bad in one :cheery:

You’re right their hats and accessories really do seem to rise above their clothing. I think they’d be really fun to wear. :sparkle2:

9. Cecilia
    March 2, 2010 / 7:25 pm

I really am digging the “Rienda” quite a alot. But the Rodeo Clown I’m digging also. Unfortunately rodeo clown seems … forced? Like they are trying a bit to hard with some of the guy-ish elements.

March 2, 2010 / 8:21 pm

Forced is a really good way of saying it. I especially don’t really like their khaki work pant collab, they seem so boring (although Kanako seems to coordinate them well). 8) Gyaru Dickies will not win me over :roll:

10. March 2, 2010 / 9:47 pm

I love these looks…I could never personally pull it off but some of them are pretty cute, especially the rienda ones…

March 3, 2010 / 11:46 am

awwwh I’m always sad when I hear people saying they couldn’t pull off a look even though they like it, and I catch myself saying it, too. :!: :!: I hope these pieces inspired you though :stars:

11. Justine
    March 2, 2010 / 10:06 pm

I agree with Hyunaa^^…I would probably tone down their looks with sandals or flats!
    The models are gorgeous!

March 3, 2010 / 11:47 am

I agree, such great skin and it’d be nice to see a good casual sandal with this :oops:

12. March 2, 2010 / 11:38 pm

i actually like rienda better. just the bold simplistic colors of it all is what i liked. im really lovin’ those patterned purses too. im eh with the rodeo crowns, even though kanako lists them as one of her top..i don’t like how the coordinates are put together here.. i actually dont like that track jacket together with the floral pants..

March 3, 2010 / 11:48 am

Yeah the track jacket with the floral print was really offputting to me, too :!: I just liked the pants alone. The styling seemed a bit… blind :icon_eek: I hadn’t noticed the purses, but they are quite cute :-D

13. March 3, 2010 / 1:01 am

I’m just happy to see Kana working :)

March 3, 2010 / 11:49 am

hehehe judging by her blog the girl isn’t hurting for work, with nice and ozoc contracts she’s doing “real” modeling work :love:

• March 5, 2010 / 1:33 am

whats her blog addy? I actually was worried about working after she got the boot from Vivi and Luire shut down :/

• March 5, 2010 / 9:02 am

n/m n/m i see it at the top. She’s still working for vivi? I thought she got the boot, like most of the browner vivi models…heheh (and camilla.-_-”)

14. March 3, 2010 / 1:53 am

I love Rienda’s white dress but…13000yen!!! This hurts! =(

March 3, 2010 / 11:49 am

I agree, their price point is just too high :x

15. Suteisi
    March 3, 2010 / 7:20 am

I definitely prefer Rienda, especially that outfit with the blue jacket (3rd picture) and that white frill dress :hearts: I love bold colors and simple enough type of outfits.

But that model…. Uuh. No thanks, sorry. I don’t like her, especially that 2nd picture, it looks creepy… :^_^;;:

March 3, 2010 / 11:51 am

heheeh I like her skin, but yeah that picture does make her look a bit drug addicted :-S I did like how they kept their outfits simple, but I do thing Duras did better on that. They still have cute items, that white frill dress is nice :oops:

16. March 3, 2010 / 8:41 am

I like Rodeo crowns more but then I’m into a more in your face style and the first is a little too plain for me. The masquerade mask rings are really nice.

March 3, 2010 / 11:52 am

The rings seem really playful, I wonder if the masquerade trend will catch on? :o

17. March 3, 2010 / 10:02 am

I’m weirdly more attracted to the Rodeo crowns collection, mainly because of the colour scheme and patterns rather than the actual designs.

Alot of the pieces are nice but they the stylist didn’t do a very good job in making these outfits, the blue denim jeans combinations are all revolting, especially the yellow/white/black stripes shirts and moccasins one

I looooove the leggings, dungarees and polka dots though. Lovely!

March 3, 2010 / 11:53 am

I absolutely agree. Bad stylist on this one. It just seems so thrown together :evil:

• Cecilia
      March 3, 2010 / 3:56 pm

Exactly you totally worded what I was initially attracted to for Rodeo Clown.

Honestly they should have stuck with one fairly masculine article of clothing and well used their other pieces to dress it up. But they suffer from really poor denim choices which are either ugly dyes or simply the wrong cut/size for the models.