Viva Hawaii! Traveling Mitsu

I am back from staying in Waikiki on the island of Oahu. :cheery:  I had a fabulous time and it was pretty sad getting on the plane to leave. :^_^;;: Me and my man stayed at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. Absolutely and totally recommended. The room was big and we had two windows and an unblocked view to the sea. It’s huge with tons of restaurants and shops on the premises. It even had its own Louis Vuitton store! :icon_eek:

One of the great things about the hotel was it wasn’t really overpriced. I hate staying somewhere and you’re stuck eating their food for 3 meals a day and it’s jacked up expensive. They even had a conbini on location and a fridge in your hotel room for you to store goodies in. :up:

Freakin’ cute! Hello Kitty Hawaii bits and a sea turtle sticker for my luggage :stars:

Around the Hotel

Our view again

My man got just a little bit of me on the beach. lol :roll:

For some random reason there was a crazy Japanese show going on being filmed by Japanese TV. The great part was when we stumbled upon it, little kids were doing Taiko. :korila:

It was nice/random to see the sea from the hottub. The rainbow mural high-rise was our hotel building for the stay :star:

Kiwi Pina Colada! If only it tasted less syrupy I would’ve been in heaven :(

There’s me in my Marie Tokyo Disney Sea bow and DIY cover-up (more on that later this week) :sparkle2:

Out and About in Waikiki

Heading out to dinner. I’m not sure how I feel about cowboy boots with this but after cutting up my feet on a long walk + new flipflops I was in comfort seeking mode. 8)
hat: Spiral Girl
top: Urban Outfitters
dress: Risty
boots: Flag-J

One of the big draws for Japanese tourists: the ability to shoot guns -_- Since I’ve already done that in another Japanese tourist destination, Las Vegas, we passed it up.

Gah I can’t help that this pic is blurry :-S But this tourist trap of a shop obviously hired Korean hotness to man the shop in order to get ladies into long lines. I mean one of them is Korean buff in a sleeveless suit jacket. It’s like Rain dressing circa Full House mode, nipple slips and all.

Still it was good eyecandy :wink:

The fabulous Chanel store that was open late night. :hearts3:

Climbing Diamond Head

Me after whilst climbing Diamond Head. I think I’m 600 feet up there. :icon_eek:

sunglasses: spiral girl
top: wc
bottoms: spiral girl

I hate stairs and I hate heights, really I should’ve been going no where near Diamond Head.

The view from above. You can see our hotel and lots of Waikiki from there.

The nice steep drop. :icon_eek: Really what on earth made me climb a volcanic crater :^_^;;:

When we finally got back to our hotel I just chugged pineapple juice from this guy! :note:

OMG it’s so cute! Seriously my best souvenir from Hawaii, and I got some pretty awesome stuff. Fat bellied animals win me every time :rila:

Why a penguin cup, because our hotel has penguins :o

Hanauma Bay

I love to snorkel! Addiction love to snorkel! So we headed over to Hanauma Bay to see some of the gorgeous island fish. :cheery:

All that dark wonderful coral to see little fishies in :o

The beach which was indecisive between overcast and super sunny. Like any other beach it was a mix of Japanese, Chinese, Korean, European and American tourists. Some of the Chinese were even showing up to the beach in stretch limos :icon_eek:

Death Car

So on our second to last day there we decide to rent a Mini Coupe. Which is basically a 3 wheeled moped that is street legal.

We got to see a lot pretty views, but OMGSOSCARY! The closer to the ground you are, the scarier speed feels. It’s so low, speedometers don’t work in it. Any valley current makes it sway within its lane. Yet we decided to drive half the island in it :icon_eek:

But the jittery cart did get us to see the blowhole and other Hawaii prettiness. I just felt like I omgimgunnadiediediedie between the no windshield, helmet, deadly sea drops on the roadway and wind that made us sway. :icon_eek:

My man always looks unphotogenic, but it’s his way. There’s us in the death car.

Waiting for the man to pump gas into our fancy gokart. Power Kitty is gunna get you :-D

But after we got back to Waikiki, I did some good shopping at LV :o Pics of that loot some other time :)

Luau Time

So we did the cheesy tourist thing and we to the Luau at our hotel. Screw the cheesiness it had nikuman and yakisoba on their buffet PLUS dancers whose hips didn’t lie and firedancers! It was AWESOME! :-D

The night started with a Conch Blowing Contest in which a Japanese guy drug away from his doting girlfriend.

He blew out which could only be described as a weak toot, strong gaijin beat him and the drunk Japanese salaryman easily. :wink:

Some serious ab-ness up in there. :icon_eek:

The costumes were about as fabulous as the hip shaking. Someone needs to teach Luau in Houston, just the hip shaking part :wink:

Apparently this was from Fiji, even if it looked a bit Native American.

Don’t show the headdress to Chinatsu or she might steal it :-D

Finally the fire dancers. They were sooooo good! Throwing the fire sticks to each other and such :o

Sea Turtles!

We rented a regular car to get to the North Shore for our last day and ate at a Steak Truck.

Their hamburger steak was sooo good and reminded me of Japanese Family Restaurant hamburger steak, so nostalgic… and cheap!

Those trucks + Hiroshi’s Yakiniku in Waikiki are totally recommended. They were expensive, but some of the best Yakiniku I’ve ever eaten. One of the staff and I were exchanging Tokyo stories throughout the meal, so nice! :o

And sea turtles!!!!! I’m so excited I got to see one out of the water :o Since they’re endangered they have the tape out there so you can’t get close but omg… I love you turtle-kun. :oops:

Souvenirs

I admit I love cheesy tourist souvenirs. I love having items in my home that remind me of trips :o

I decided to go brown for beach wear. Before the trip I bought the leopard glitter flipflops (below), my cheesy pictoral towel (thanks Target), and a Betsey Johnson bikini Hello Cupcake. Betsey Johnson is pricey, but totally recommended for D-cup girls. I could do heavy against the current swimming without any *cough* malfunctions :wink:

Left to Right: Free coffee mug from ABC Store, Beads from the Luau, Target flipflops that killed my feet (but matched my bathing suit) :evil:, Aloha flipflops from ABC store, I love Hawaii bear magnet from ABC store, and two clip on foam flowers from ABC Store. ABC Store is great, it’s like conbini-esque :panda:

A friend of mine is from Hawaii and wanted a cheesy Obama souvenir, so he got this :P

The Rose Quartz and Shell bracelets were made in Hawaii for good memories. The ring is Larimar, a rare mineral only mined in the Dominican Republic. I just fell in love with the color :loveword: It’s like turquoise but softer :oops:

I decided to try it styled more Mori jewelry-esque. With an anklet doubled around, and my Ji.Maxx bow ring :o

Phew that was a lot all in one post, but I am so behind on posts. :^_^;;:

I also might run away to Las Vegas next month because the Jabbawockeez are having a special 3 week only show at the MGM Grand. I love them so I’m crossing all my fingers and toes I can make it to see them :bear:

1. April 18, 2010 / 8:39 pm

It looks like you had so much fun! I love all the beach shots, it’s making me want a holiday too XD

April 20, 2010 / 9:36 pm

A holiday to Houston! We have uhhhh beach, kinda :-S

2. April 18, 2010 / 8:48 pm

I just love these photos, I’m really digging tropical weather right now hehe. I mean I shouldn’t be greedy, the weather is not so bad here in MN now haha^^

I have to say, you look so super beautiful in those photos. Hawaii makes a perfect backdrop for you. And it was fun seeing all your outfit shots. I liked your Risty dress coordinate, and the mister banana outfit. Cute :hearts:

Wow, those Korean hunk shop staff! I’d like to see more of them :mrgreen:

It looks like you had a great time, thank you for taking the time to share your photos. I’m looking forward to your post about the diy coverup

• April 18, 2010 / 9:11 pm

Oh and I wanted to say thank you for commenting about the shoes I bought yesterday. I really value your fashion opinion, and I was worried the ethnic shoes were not so great. Haha^^

April 20, 2010 / 9:37 pm

As always your comments are so lovely. I really appreciate all the time you take to write such wonderful comments on people’s blogs. Your kindness just radiates~

Oh hell everyone should do a fun shoe in the summer, it’s the rules :-D

3. April 18, 2010 / 8:52 pm

Aw, Hawaii is so gorgeous! Love the penguin cup. Completely blew my mind that there were penguins *at* your hotel.

April 20, 2010 / 9:38 pm

LOL I had no clue until the 2nd day in. I mean I saw flamingos and toucans and such populating the grounds and was curious why their kids program was called the penguins club and then BOOM penguins! Penguins are so awesome :roll:

4. April 18, 2010 / 8:52 pm

P.s. Hot Korean shop workers? Maybe I need to go to Hawaii…. LOL.

April 20, 2010 / 9:39 pm

Exactly! God I love buff Korean men, good good eyecandy :-D

5. Kanako_ageha
    April 19, 2010 / 1:04 am

Awwww looks like a lot of fun!
    I always wanted to go to hawaii once in my life :bear:

April 20, 2010 / 9:39 pm

ehehe I wasn’t that into it, but my man wanted to go. I was I guess really stupid not to have been more excited about the trip :oops:

6. April 19, 2010 / 1:31 am

How nice it all !!!
    woww korean workers !! *_*

April 20, 2010 / 9:40 pm

I think that was my face looking at them, all starry eyed LOL

7. April 19, 2010 / 2:00 am

Omg, so many nice photos! I wish I travelled as much as you~
    I wanna go somewhere T_T

Kisses <3

April 20, 2010 / 9:41 pm

You’re too wonderful to travel, you’re like a secret if we let your sweetness out more it’d not just ours on-line :-D I’m covetous :cheery:

8. April 19, 2010 / 4:00 am

The penguins and turtles are really cute! :korila: You have a great holidays! :)
    Someday I will travel to hawaii… :cheery:

April 20, 2010 / 9:41 pm

Exactly! Animals! We are weak to them everytime :-D

9. April 19, 2010 / 4:03 am

I really would love to there, it’s so beautiful *.*
    How lucky you are!! ahah ^^
    oh btw the brown hello kitty is really cute

April 20, 2010 / 9:42 pm

I was a bit shocked how pretty it was. You know it’s that kind of pretty that you think it might be fake hehehe :-D

10. April 19, 2010 / 4:07 am

SO much love for the post, made even greater by Obama bobble head!! Thats too cool :arrow:

• April 19, 2010 / 7:30 am

haha I was totally going to post that on your facebook, then realised you read this blog too :x

April 20, 2010 / 9:42 pm

LOL The Brit loves Obama?

• April 21, 2010 / 1:30 pm

Everyone loves Obama, especially the Brits :mrgreen: lol
        I think it’s because the British were so opposed to Bush, even if he did have a ‘special relationship’ with Blair lol

11. April 19, 2010 / 9:32 am

i missed your posts~! wow you totally make me wanna visit hawaii~!
    that flowy orange dress u wore at the beach was so beautiful! flatters your skincolour!
    and your ring! its so kawaii i want it!!

April 20, 2010 / 9:43 pm

Awwwh thank you for your lovely words! It was killing me not to post on my trip, but I was so exhausted :depressed: It’s lovely to be back writing :korila:

12. Ansku
    April 19, 2010 / 11:30 am

I’m so in love with Hawaii after this post, it looks super beautiful! :oops:

April 20, 2010 / 9:43 pm

It really is~ I was a bit angry at the people living there, how well off the were just to see such lovely views everyday :oops:

13. April 20, 2010 / 8:43 am

You look adorable and galtastic with that Marie bow. And beach outfit #2 with the dress and boots is dripping in awesome. <3

Hawaii looks so nice..

April 20, 2010 / 9:44 pm

LOL thank you! I wasn’t that keen on posting pics of myself here because I was so light or no make-up in a lot of these shots so I didn’t have my MAC mask to show off :!: I really appreciate your kind words :love:

14. Katrin
    April 20, 2010 / 3:22 pm

Your outfit for the dinner looks nice! it gives the feeling of a warm summer :peer:

April 20, 2010 / 9:45 pm

Thank you! Yes! It’s so sad to leave those temps, I’m ready for summer full-on now! :arrow:

15. April 21, 2010 / 5:39 am

omg looks heavenly~!! :hearts:
    I would die to just be on that beach alone, haha~
    Glad you had an amazing time & you look adorable too! :korila:

16. April 23, 2010 / 6:23 pm

I heard theres a cocolulu in hawaii
    is it true :D?

17. Joy
    May 17, 2010 / 6:40 am

I was searching for a pic in Hawaii and came across this blog. I just came back from Hawaii last week and also had a blast. We also rented the red mini coupe and went up Diamon Head. I don’t know if you seen it but when you go up Diamond Head where all of the mansions are there is a big pink mansion with Hello Kitty painted on the garage. I never made it back to take a pic but I was just seeing if I could possibly find it online.

18. Pingback: Lola Luna