Mode Gyaru Street Snap Real Looks

Sorry it’s been a break between posts. Family surprise visit robbed me of sleep and my blogging time. Now I want both back :hearts3:

I really love how Mode Gyaru is buzzing around the overseas gal blogosphere :stepup: Rebecca of Kira Kira Dreams has already taken up the Mode Gyaru gauntlet and created her own Mode Gyaru look. The bow, shoes and lace top all echo Mode trends :upheart: Mada who has my favorite make-up blog, I Like Make-up created a very strong Mode eye with Duraline. I’m loving it ladies, keep it coming! If you have a Mode post, let me know so I may link it :up:

Also, a big thank you to Hana at Finding Tokyo for linking me along with other great blogs in her Weekly Wrap-up. She finds the best posts! :loveword:

Emoda on Real Gals

The two strong new Mode Gyaru brands Emoda and Murua have developed strong mixi communities. Emoda with 8,965 people joining the biggest community and Murua with 7,873 in their biggest community. To put this into perspective the biggest w♥c community has 7,135 people, but the biggest Gilfy community has 19.748 people. As a reminder, you must have a Japanese cellphone with internet access to join mixi, so those without mixi accounts will not be able to view the communities. :sparkle:

The Emoda community has a lovely coordinate thread with real gals doing cute looks. :loveword:

Cute mix of prints emphasizing the bandage skirt, large bright flower print and cropped top trends.

Many Japanese refuse to show their faces on-line so many coordinate posts look like this. However love the dark florals and black Mode look.

Big tee, scarf belt and bandage skirt mode trends all together. Lovely way to combine solids with a print but still keep it sleek.

Yet again another Mode look that uses oversized and tight to create an interesting shape.

This girl is styling herself in the same way Ena did. Nice way to of mixing delicate and strong pieces.

Not the best shot, but a good casual Mode coordinate. Emoda's famous "pankinsu" (pants leggings engrish) in action.

Street Snaps & Models

Although Popteen hasn’t discussed Mode yet, their models are taking inspiration from it.

Koyama Yuuko (小山優子)  http://ameblo.jp/oyamayuuko/ twitter: http://twitter.com/oyamayuuko_Age

She states in Popteen July issue that she loves Ena Matsumoto and Emoda so she dressed in a Mode Gyaru outfit.

Far left: Lip Service top, Emoda pagginsu (pants/leggings), and Flag-J sandal boots (busan)

Top middle: She also bought two mode pieces from Cecil McBee emphasizes Mode trends of corset top with sweetheart neckline and bold print.

I must say how happy I am to see someone with their hair ruined by the rain in a magazine (top left). Too many times has the rainy season killed my hair in Japan, so it’s nice to see the reality of it portrayed in mags. :oops:

Another Popteen Gal Sudou Aimi (須藤藍実) http://www.galspop.jp/blog/detail/8789/

Usually has a more Pop Gyaru look, but she does include some Mode pieces.

The SLY onepiece is quite Mode with chiffon sleeves that puff for a power shoulder and the “mori” type big stone neckline.

She mixes the Mode with strong colors to give it a Pop look. Love this young take on Mode Gyaru :stepup:

Mori Haru (森暖奈) http://blog.crooz.jp/svc/userFrontTop/?old_blog_id=ratm1111111

She’s not exactly in Mode, but I really wanted to point out this look as a way to balance white with black and create a summer Mode look. This reminds me a bit more of Murua than Emoda. Also her red nails and lips drive it more into Mode. :star:

Mode accents to a simple white Maxi dress give it impact :up:

I absolutely love her short hair style especially with the front band. Such a great way to style short hair and make it gal. However, it’s very high school to do the side barrette, please do not think it’s gal. :evil:

Okamoto Akane (岡本茜) …(She shares her name with a Popstar so it’s hard to find her blog :depressed: )

She is combining Mode and Rock to create strong looks :stepup:

The left look is very a very strong Rock Gyaru look, but she’s actually using Mode items with it.

In the center pic she shows off her Mode stripe bandage skirt, bought from h&m (similar ones from Emoda & Gilfy). Pairing it with a character tee keeps the look young :up: She looks like a totally fun gal :hearts3:

Jelly Mode Styles

Jelly did Street Snaps (in which hired models show up in their own clothes), and featured the Mode style as chosen by Models themselves.

Fabulous looks by all the ladies. Much love to my fave non-regular model Detsu Korohi (出浦寛子) on the bottom left. Girl is FIRE! :korila:

I love these girls hair and how their looks are sexy without being anywhere near slutty. :stepup:

I had to point out inside the dot trend the girl on the top right. So Mode, so hot! Such an Ena Matsumoto clone LOL!

I’ll be discussing the forehead scarf in the Mode hair post. :stars:

OMG so many more more things to talk about :upheart:

Mode Week is becoming Mode Weeks hehehe :cheery:

After Mode Week(s) I’ll be talking about gal bikinis and summer trends, a giveaway, Ask Anything #3, you can help me add to the questions by asking me on formspring. Then Agejo week :sparkle2: I’ll keep working, phew so much gal to discuss :oops:

1. June 13, 2010 / 1:44 pm

I am loooving your posts! Ever since your first one I’ve been putting together mode looks xDD

June 15, 2010 / 11:12 pm

That’s so inspiring! I’m so glad it’s moving you :up:

2. Rii
    June 13, 2010 / 2:13 pm

I really love the street snaps! Especially the girl with the blue headband :3 I’m in love with this trend alot ♥

June 15, 2010 / 11:14 pm

That blue headband girl is so awesome! I love her loose shirt and how her look feels effortless :upheart:

3. June 13, 2010 / 2:38 pm

The pic of the baggy white top and black tight skirt looks just like my friends style of dressing, I loves it!

June 15, 2010 / 11:15 pm

Oooo fabulous, she was awesome before any of this then, which only makes her more awesome :up:

4. June 13, 2010 / 3:11 pm

Mitsu, you’re great!!! ^____^ I love your blog so much! You make it easier to follow the gyaru trends outside Japan!<3 Thank you~!
    I'm happy you like my style! ^___^ I think Mode Gyaru is becoming one of my favorite styles!

June 15, 2010 / 11:16 pm

Awwww thank you for your lovely words! Keep up your awesome looks, I’m so happy to see another tall girl rockin’ gal :waves:

5. Maki
    June 13, 2010 / 3:49 pm

I’ve heard you can actually use mixi now even if you don’t have a Japanese cell phone? A Japanese friend of mine who is doing study abroad here somehow helped several American students sign up, I just have no idea how! :^_^;;:

Great post, there’s lots of mode elements here I’d like to try! :mrgreen:

June 15, 2010 / 11:17 pm

Craziness, and to think of all the hoops I jumped LOL :!:

Glad it’s more open, it’s a fabulous gal resource :upheart:

6. Momo
    June 13, 2010 / 4:10 pm

I’m waiting for the agejo week!! >o<

June 15, 2010 / 11:17 pm

I shall do my best to please :waves:

7. June 13, 2010 / 6:43 pm

I’m really liking the Mode look especially Akane’s Mode and Rock style. I find it so edgy! :star:
    Thanks for breaking down all the looks! :bear:

June 15, 2010 / 11:18 pm

Akane was my favorite, too. I also liked how she seemed to be like such a fun girl in general, so would wanna be her friend :note:

8. Jilly
    June 13, 2010 / 9:14 pm

Hey Mitsu! Just to let you know, you don’t have to have a Japanese cell number to join mixi anymore. All you need is a .edu mail address. It’s as easy as that! :sparkle2:

June 15, 2010 / 11:18 pm

Insanity! Ohhhh mixi, I wonder if this is for Japanese living abroad? :oops:

9. June 13, 2010 / 9:36 pm

Mode is definitely becoming one of my favourite styles now! Every time I’m out shopping now, I’ll find a hundred things that I want that are really Mode. I bought a great lace top today, and found a bandage skirt I want. This style is taking over my life!! :oops: :hearts3:

June 15, 2010 / 11:19 pm

Hahahahha it haunts mine a lot lately as well. So glad you’ve been able to find lovely pieces :wink:

10. June 13, 2010 / 9:52 pm

I love those streetsnaps! :mrgreen:

June 15, 2010 / 11:19 pm

Good real women always make me happy (although they’re models too, just part-time models from Bubbly LOL) :-D

11. June 13, 2010 / 9:55 pm

I love these posts! Mode definitely seems to be getting more popular.
    Thank you for the many outfit shots~ :)

June 15, 2010 / 11:23 pm

Happy to share, I love to see everyday girls rockin’ gal styles :waves:

12. June 13, 2010 / 10:40 pm

Oh your mode posts have really inspired me! I ran out and got a power shoulders crop jacket and a border bandage skirt yesterday, I can’t wait to show you :mrgreen:

This post is just chock full of great inspiration. It’s really great to see gyaru’s and models’ personal takes on the mode look. I especially LOVED Okamoto Akane’s style. Mode with that rock edge is just beautiful to me^^

I’m so looking forward to Agejo week. I love how you put soooo much info out there in your week series.

June 15, 2010 / 11:25 pm

lol Well Agejo week intimidates me, so much to talk about! I will do my best hopefully…maybe…kinda… :^_^;;:

OMG how fabulous! Mode is making people shop and for some crazy reason that makes me super happy LOL :wink: I’m so glad you’re enjoying :stepup:

13. June 13, 2010 / 11:00 pm

these mode posts are so inspiring!!! gives me some ideas to what to look out for in stores… =) thanks mitsu! <3 i need to get a bandage skirt ASAP!

June 15, 2010 / 11:27 pm

LOL I’m lusting over so many bandage skirts ATM, they’re so fun and sleek. Glad you’re loving the week(s) :hearts2:

14. June 14, 2010 / 12:32 am

I’m liking Mode Gyaru more and more! Can’t wait for the next post~

June 15, 2010 / 11:28 pm

LOL well 3 more after this and poof all done. Hopefully I covered enough :-D

15. June 14, 2010 / 12:38 am

Wow, you really have your finger on the pulse, Mitsu!! I esp love the military look with the cap and the frogging detail on the skirt :)

June 15, 2010 / 11:28 pm

I thought that girl did a fabulous job, too. I love girly x military :-D Thank you for your lovely words as always :stepup:

16. June 14, 2010 / 4:32 am

I love this post, so many great coordinates.
    It really is a helpful and inspiring post. I know I’ll be trying to create my own MODE look :)

June 15, 2010 / 11:29 pm

I can’t wait to see! Your body is made for Mode :hearts3:

17. June 14, 2010 / 5:57 am

I’m loving this Mitsu so keep it coming, haha!! :peer:
    More & more I’m convincing myself to go farther with this look for myself & these posts are definitely inspiration, like bloomzy pointed out :hearts:
    I really like how you pointed out some Popteen girls who are doing mode since you mentioned there has been some argument that this look is not gyaru… Koyama Yuuko & Okamoto Akane look fabulous :hearts:

June 15, 2010 / 11:30 pm

pfft I am sure there will be some non-gyaru hatahs for every new style, oh wells. We gotta evolve :up: I’m so glad you’re getting into Mode. I think you and bloomzy both would look quite smashing in it :korila:

18. kiki-sama
    June 14, 2010 / 8:47 am

Omg im a new reader of this blog and i love it :3 ! i’m so interested in mode Gyaru because i feel anybody could wear it and look good :)¨
    Thanks for the mode weeks!

June 15, 2010 / 11:30 pm

Welcome and thank you! Hopefully I’ll post more that you enjoy :upheart:

19. June 14, 2010 / 11:30 am

The more mode you post the more I love it!!

June 15, 2010 / 11:31 pm

hahahah it’s kinda how I feel too actually. My addiction goes deeper :-D

20. June 14, 2010 / 12:08 pm

Love the blouson top + bandage skirt looks!

June 15, 2010 / 11:31 pm

Those really speak to me as well :hearts2:

21. June 14, 2010 / 2:40 pm

Hummmm tomorrow I’ll try to create a mode coordinate! It’s not my style, but I like to try all fashions~
    Also I can’t wait for the agejo week!

June 15, 2010 / 11:32 pm

Yay I love your spirit!!! I’m a try anything once girl myself, too. It’s a great gal quality to have :wink:

22. June 28, 2010 / 4:27 am

I honestly wasn’t crazy about Mode until I looked at Popteen’s takes on it. Aimi and and Haru’s especially! Thanks for the posts on this style thus far :D

23. July 1, 2010 / 3:03 pm

Ah so much inspirations,thank you.I am loving this post!
    The more i see the big floral skirts and mix of body co and loose tops the more i want to shop and do some co-ord myself.I’ll have to give it a whirl with what I’ve got first:D