Traveling Mitsu: Kobe gal & Kobe beef

Last of my Kobe pics! Thanks for all the lovely comments! I think there’s some good cheap gal shopping to be had in Kobe (in the covered mall to the right of the station) and in OPA. However as the 6th largest city it is limited in its gal activities. My friend and I even had a hard time finding a game center with purikura :^_^;;: But don’t like that stop you from galling yourself up and enjoying Kobe!

Most people just club in Osaka since it’s close. I think the problem with Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe being so close together (an hour away from each other or less), is that it dilutes all the concentration that a city like Tokyo has.

There is definite gal in Kobe, however don’t expect a Shibuya-like atmosphere.

Kobe Gal Services

However, smaller cities often have cheaper hair/nail/tanning places, so if you’re there for a while you might want to check out a deal.

A sign for Kobe gal hair salon Tomato

GAL HAIR EXTENSIONS

For example, in hot pepper salon ACHIEVE アチーブ is running an exte special for all-you-want (つけ放題) for 8800 yen (around $90.00). It’s near impossible to find exte hodai for under 10000 yen in Tokyo.

Here’s an example from their Hot Pepper site of their work :sparkle2:

AGEJO HAIR STYLING (aka hairset)

Also, there’s TIARA ティアラ hairset salon. That according to their hotpepper add they were featured in BETTY magazine, which is the premier Agejo hair catalog.

Betty magazine with Momoeri on the cover! So fabulous!

Examples of their exte and hairset looks. Yes the girl on the right DOES creep me out, but her hair is great :stepup:

Hairset is 1800 yen (around $19.00).

If you’re going out to a nice restaurant for some Kobe beef, a fabulous hairset should make your decadent dining feel even more hedonistic. :up:

GAL NAIL DEALS

I didn’t see much super gal nails on Kobe hot pepper, however this set and this name really caught me. Salon de Papillon サロン ド パピヨン Pucci design.

They were offering this type of set for 14000 yen ($150.00). I know that sounds expensive, but promise me that’s HELLA cheap for this type of work in Japan. :oops:

I’d love to have a set like that :stepup:

Kobe shopping

The KOBE Sannomiya OPA gal shopping mall. Where you’ll find a lot of gal brands.

The french style cat is the OPA mascot. I love the little Christmas signs everywhere.♡
Inside OPA, the Spiral girl showing their newest looks
Kobe OPA Spiral Girl staff-chan who was super sweet. Love her short hair!
A more OL sweet doll-kei style store in OPA. Unlike 109 the Sannomiya OPA is not all gal stores.
Lip Service inside OPA. Their Betty Boop collection had just come in ♥

Kobe BEEF!

Me & Ko of course had to get some good Kobe beef. Like all major cities in Japan near their main train station there’s a map place, where you can ask (in Japanese mostly) their recommendations (osusume) for restaurants. So we asked and got a nice quiet beef place near the station. The bottom floor was a butcher where they sold fresh beef as well. I am sure it was also for Japanese travelers to bring back home on the Shinkansen (bullet train) as omiyage (souvenir).

We got several courses of beef, the first was a raw one. I think this might have been my favorite. The texture was so smooth and the flavor was simple yet intense.
We moved onto more cooked portions of Kobe beef. There were 5 courses of beef, along with a salad, veggie and dessert course. So 8 courses in all. We were stuffed!
The grilled portion of our meal. Funny how meat in pictures looks less appetizing the more cooked it is.

Our chef working on our dishes. There was just him doing all the cooking. It was nice to see it in the open.

In the end, our meal was SO EXPENSIVE! But no regrets! We both looooooved it! Best beef I’ve ever put in my mouth. :up:

Kobe has their Luminarie Festival December 9-22nd. I was there December 8th. ONE DAY TOO EARLY! I would've stayed to see it but I had to get back for final exams. SHUCKS!

But set-up for it is pretty huh :up:  (link to Luminarie info)

Kobe is awesome, really! It’s almost like being in San Francisco than Tokyo. My friend Ko lived in San Fran felt the same way. It’s a really relaxing place and the people are quite friendly. If you need a break from Tokyo, head to Kobe :hearts3:

1. June 3, 2010 / 10:42 pm

The stores make me wanna jump on a plane and fly to Kobe and just shop… & get hair extensions. Haha!
    The beef looks so good (* A *) I’ve never tried beef sashimi before and am a little reluctant to try it :x
    But the cooked portions looked so good. Like perfectly cooked~~

June 6, 2010 / 12:47 am

I was reluctant as well, but wow did it taste fabulous! Beef sashimi FTW for me :-D

I’d like to try out hair exte again, but not in this heat -_-

2. June 4, 2010 / 12:18 am

Smacky glam!! Heee!! Makes me think of the street walkers in Kings Cross. But ahem, anyways…I became a fan of Lip Service on my last visit. There were so many stripes…and now spots as well! Can’t wait to go back and check the Betty Boop stuff out.

June 6, 2010 / 12:48 am

hahahahaha it does!! Such a harlot name :-D

I’m so excited stripes and dots are back, they’re fun to mix and match :oops:

3. June 4, 2010 / 5:08 am

wow…food so yummy!!!! nthey have so pretty hair cut!

June 6, 2010 / 12:48 am

It was delicious :-D

4. June 4, 2010 / 5:11 am

Wow, this post is really useful for any gals who might be planning to visit Kobe! The prices are definitely nice, I would pay that price for those very cool and pretty nails (if I had money) haha! And the hairset is extremely affordable. I would love to do a hairset someday, but I ought to know a bit more Japanese then haha^^

Personally to me Kobe and San Fran feel different, but I can totally understand the comparison!

June 6, 2010 / 1:01 am

lol well if you ever come when I’m there we’ll make it a date to go together and do hairset and I’ll deal with the translation part :-D It’s a date :wink:

5. June 4, 2010 / 6:56 am

$90.00 for full hair extensions? :O It was over £100 when I got my weave, gutted lol :icon_eek:
    How much on average do you spend on a nail set? I’m still suffering my broken nail, which is now green, really wanted them doing for my holiday too :cry:

Your entries are making me miss Japan and really want to go shopping :O :note:
    They also make me miss being able to eat meat D:

June 6, 2010 / 1:03 am

I know!!! SO cheap!

It just depends but around $200.00+ in Japan. Carry has a system where if you have their point card your last nail total is figured in as a discount to your current nails so if I’m expensive one visit and cheap the next, my nails are cheap. But then the next visit not so much of a discount :oops:

6. Maki
    June 4, 2010 / 7:13 am

If you ever get a chance to go to the Luminarie, definately go! It’s absolutely gorgeous. As with most events like that in Japan, it’s full of couples. But I went with a girlfriend and had a really nice time. You can make a stop in china town for some awesome cheap eats just before going, it’s perfect :D

I love all of your daytime pictures! I only had a chance to go to Kobe at night for the luminarie, so I’ve never seen it during the day. And oh man, OPA. It’s one of my favorite places to go (the one in Osaka, that is). Your posts are making me really anxious to get back to Japan! :mrgreen:

June 6, 2010 / 1:05 am

OPA is Osaka is awesome! Although I love the Namba walk gyaru places, too! So much good shopping in Osaka.

I’ll definitely try this year, since I’ll be in Japan during that time. But we’ll have to see about school schedules and $$$ :oops: I’d love to go back to Kobe, especially to show my man all the tasty food :-D It’s on my to-go-back-to list :-D

7. June 4, 2010 / 5:40 pm

I think I would gladly pay 150$ for those nails :love: F*cking AMAZINGGG!
    The beef looks absolutely mouthwatering too~

June 6, 2010 / 1:05 am

I know I had a nail-gasm looking at them! What artistry :oops:

8. tia
    June 4, 2010 / 9:36 pm

wow! wish i was there.
    my hubby’s family is going on holiday to japan,
    they asked me what i want, so im gonna have to write down a list of lots of goodies.
    you see they are all male, so its gonna be abit of a hassel since i want like the makeup & clothes. lol.

June 6, 2010 / 1:06 am

hahahahaha omg I know that feeling. Sending my man to buy things at Sephora in the states while I was in Japan was about the same way. It’s like explaining alien to them or something :-D

9. Lana~
    June 5, 2010 / 12:03 am

yummmmy! The kobe beef looks super good :-D

Next time I go back I want to try a hairset like the second pic :oops:

WOW Pucci styled nails like that is a pretty cheap price. Considering length and style. Maan, I can easily spend a little less then that here in Houston and it wouldn’t be as cute as that!

Yup, I may check out Kobe!

June 6, 2010 / 1:07 am

They’re soooo cheap! I definitely need to branch out in Tokyo and find places like that that are that cheap, but I got so used to my Carry girls. Going to a new store always as a gaijin you do that whole uhhhh they feel you out and you feel them out nervousness :icon_eek:

10. June 5, 2010 / 4:45 am

hi i am commenting first time, but on your page i am going usualy for few weeks ^^..i wanted to say..i really lie it here, its full of very good advices and cute stuffs :):hearts:

and that stores in Kobe are so cool..i wan to go there and start shopping right now ^^:oops:

wish you nice day:) :bear:

June 6, 2010 / 1:08 am

Thank you so much for your comment and compliment! I hope your day is as lovely as that comment made me feel :-D

Shops like that are all around Japan, just ready to make you broke LOL :korila:

11. June 5, 2010 / 2:56 pm

The hairset on the ‘creepy’ gal looks so fabulous!! I wish I could do that to myself.
    The price is pretty cheap too… I’ll have to try out hairset next time I go to Japan :)
    Maybe I will get good ideas how to style my own~~

June 6, 2010 / 1:09 am

I’ve had a style like that done, and omg though. It’s so damaging to your hair the way they do it. It’s good to have done every once in a while, but the teasing and hairspray…too much :oops:

June 6, 2010 / 1:09 am

It’s a definite must eat :-D

12. June 7, 2010 / 11:14 am

This post makes me hungry at 1 in the morning. dXDb {drool}

Also, great tips on the hair salons and nail salons. I’ve always wanted to walk into one randomly whenever I travel to some destination that’s farther than a drive from home, but I could never work out the courage to do so for some reason. :S

13. June 10, 2010 / 5:46 pm

that kobe beef looks soooo good!! :D i want to try it one day!

14. Hoiko
    July 21, 2010 / 10:29 am

Hi Girls! I´d like know where buy gal hair and nails extension, I from spain.

Thanks so much.

15. April 9, 2011 / 10:04 pm

I love San Francisco so it’s nice to hear that Kobe is like that. I’m hoping I can go to Japan one day. Beef looks amazing! I think sometimes a nice meal is worth the money.