A/W Gyaru Fall 2010 Exhibitions Part 2

Last post we saw the good, the bad, and the OH HELL NO. :x Hopefully this post is the unicorn chaser for your soul if you felt a bit worried by Camping-Gyaru and Nordic Cabin Vacation Gyaru. :yayblush:

Spiral Girl

One of my favorite gal brands and also one of Tsubasa’s as well :heartsmile:

Key points: Lace up long boots, nordic prints, monster fur, oversized knit, khaki shorts

Key point: Blouse with deco shoulder

Key points: Skinny belt, cardigans, military chic, nordic knits

Fur overlay boot, the fur is removable. Great way to get two looks out of a boot :yayblush:

Key points: Fur, Military coat & over the knee lace-up boots.

This khaki green seems a very key color for Fall.

Nordic on nordic. Lots of knits and sweaters galore this season.

Has to be one my personal favorite pieces for fall. :up:

From far away it looks like a sweet little nordic blouse-style dress. Then, BOOM! Military!

Guns, tanks and airplanes make up the print! It’s coming out in September and I can’t wait to buy :up:

Rienda

Leopard and military. It doesn’t look like they’re trying hard at all though. :depressed:

Cameronracy

While it has moved out of 109 for Shinjuku Alta, it’s still popular with the Cecil crowd.

Nordic dress with monster fur

No collar pieces, nordic, and black themed looks.

Vanquish

I’m going to need to drink a lot of alcohol to attempt to blog about this. :icon_eek:

You, too can clothe yourself in Chewbacka’s hairballs. The open toe for fur?! INSANITY :evil:

While the styling may confuse me, I think this thin casual look is a great way to wear a poncho. It doesn’t seem as bulky either. Now only if it was one color or such.

The hidden wedge military boot is nice.

Shoe trend: Lots of hidden wedges to be seen this season :)

Royal Party

Monster fur/sheepskin trim with leopard. I like their curly take on monster fur. Doubtful I’d purchase though.

One of my favorite outfits for fall. Leopard shorts, small suspenders, layered blouse, bold take on the no collar jacket.

A bit too much of a plain look for me, but something that a lot of gals are bound to wear.

Hurray for Mode!!

Maybe it’s them shooting in exotic locations or maybe it’s my love of Ena and Momoko seeping out, but wow Mode. Get your fashionista bootys up and handclap these ladies :waves:

If you’re following my tumblr, you’ve seen the amazing shots Ena took of the EMODA line in Italy.

Key points: chunky necklace, French sweetheart knit, leopard, bowler-type hat. It’s a bit bowler x cloche mix. :sparkle2:

Casual shot showing off her full outfit. Love the leopard insets. Looks so rich :sparkle2:

Ena getting styled.

Key points: Bulky top paired with print leggings. This will be a repeating trend in Fall Mode Gyaru :sparkle2:

Unsure how I feel about the giant knit jacket. It does feel fun for being super oversized, but it’s swallowing her!

Love the color though. This scarf print at the shoe is a key for EMODA A/W

This is just a surprise shot from her blog, but items to notice. Oversized knit and scarf turban.

Ena also shot some catalog shots back in Japan. Chunky necklace, scarf turban, deco shoulder dress.

EMODA is pushing the corset belt, but honestly I think the skinny belt might win out this Fall. Love the shoes :hearts3:

All pics for EMODA were from Ena Matsumoto’s blog

Murua

Momoko Ogihara has already come out and said what Murua’s fashion statement for fall will be. She’s planning for Classic and Feminine Dramatic looks. The key style will be: belt at the waist and possible volume tops with tight bottoms.

Momoko showing off exactly Murua’s style plan.

Key points: Volume, skinny belt, blouse, fur, chunky necklace

Scarf turban, fur tail, and loving the royal purple jacket.

Momoko looking like Victoria Beckham with some flair. I love this adult trend look  :upheart:

Key points: Chain print, “mori” necklace

Key points: Chain Print, monster fur stole

Momoko’s bringng sexy back. :sparkle2:

Chain print, volume top, chunky necklace.

Momoko doing a similar look to Ena in Italy’s shot. However the red heels and flirty hair really make this look shine.

Pics from MURUA were from Momoko Ogihara’s blog and Blenda Gossip blog.

w♥c

Chinatsu posted this pic on her blog. Looks like she’s doing a take on previous Fall’s Sex cardigan. But a bit more blatant.

LOL I so want to buy it :heart2:

This scarf according to her blog will be released soon on the site.

As a side note: Chinatsu’s blog is awesome! Her caption for this pic “I’m a Monster”. LOL :kumatan:

Final thoughts on Fall

A lot of this is just too serious for me. The way it’s styled is a it too adult in a lot of ways. I like dressing adult, but I also prefer a certain playfulness. Most of this is not playful enough to me. Does that mean I won’t shop like a madwoman, oh hell no. :up: Does it mean I don’t love Murua’s and EMODA’s collections, oh hell no. :heartsmile: But I do hope to see some more things that make up gal fashion: being playful and sexy. I hope for more playful bits from w♥c and One*Spo to keep this adult Fall fun :stepup:

Note: All corporations who own clothing lines do not hold exhibitions. So far we’ve seen nothing from such popular brands as Lip Service, One*Spo, DIA, Love Boat, Golds Infinity, or Me Jane. So we haven’t seen the full gyaru trend picture. All it takes is one fabulous item for people to fall in love with that makes all rush to copy it, and boom a new trend is born. :upani:

Ladies, what are your final thoughts on Fall Exhibitions? :curiousmo:

Sources: Most of the pictures were found on Blenda’s Gossip blog. It’s a great blog to read even if you’re not into Blenda style. Also Net Vivi put up many exhibition and catalog photos from Spiral Girl, Titty & Co and Miia

1. July 18, 2010 / 10:56 pm

“A lot of this is just too serious for me.”
    MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY
    and it’s all so BUSY, i feel like if i were to try to copy these styles without being able to go into the brand stores themselves (uh, which is what i have to do/try to do anyway…) i’ll get lost x-x;;; i get skinny on the bottom, loose/big on top but all the different prints just…idk. it seems confusing. gonna really have to wait for it to get closer to the season to see how real girls wear it, i suppose?

July 18, 2010 / 11:04 pm

Like I AM SERIOUS FASHUN, TAKE ME SERIOUSLY. -_-

The nordic print trend seems so overbearing. I mean two nordic prints in 1 outfit? Just a bit too much overkill. It’s like they’re trying to hit people over the head with their key trends. No subtlety :depressed:

2. July 18, 2010 / 11:35 pm

yay, khaki is back! although with the n3bs and stuff it always is kind of in the fall colour palette. i love trad gyaru winter styles where they mix khaki military with gold and fur. <3

out of mode gyaru, love the skinny belts (reckon this is a reaction to spring/summer brown corset belts?), the chain print, and momoko's scarf turban with the chandelier earrings. it looks so retro, edie sedgwick, sexy!

still not a fan of the nordic print but hey, it's styled sweet and sexy, maybe it'll grow on me :D

July 20, 2010 / 7:24 pm

Yes! It does look really retro and classy! I’ve got to try the scarf turban out, at least to see if I like it :heart:

I agree, I like the khaki influence. It seems to pair well with black and browns making it quite versatile :up:

3. July 18, 2010 / 11:53 pm

…O_O Where to start? LMFAO

Spiral Girl
    Nordic Print Tights – I can get down with those. I’ve wanted some tights with a pattern on it for a while too. I however do not like that nordic socks over striped tights look in the first picture. Leg pattern overkill, can’t do it.

I’m liking the blouse with the napolean details!

Next photo down, would you look at that knit cap! The earflaps double as it’s own scarf. I’m on the fence with that but it is kinda cute and creative! I also love the Garrison cap on the mannequin with the black fur vest/striped leggings! I think I’m a fan of overt military themes in military chic coordinates~

I need that Khaki Green double-breasted peacoat in my life! And I’m with you in the nordic military print dress! I didn’t even realize the tanks/guns/airplanes pattern until you mentioned it! That’s amazing!

Vanquish
    Hmm, no no…no. I do like the wedge boots though. They’d make me taller. *___*

Royal Party
    I love the second coordinate as well! It’s very cute! I would nix those shorts though, personally. Love the top, love the sweater!

Murua
    I expressed somewhere else that Momoko/Murua would be my take/style of Mode Gal if I were to do it. And everytime I see pictures here, I love it more and more. I think I will start to incorporate some Mode into my wardrobe now!

I’m so glad to see a fur tail finally! It’s purple too – totally not expected but it’s even more exciting! Purple is such a gorgeous color and I think it fits into Mode well.

Solid flowy black top, tight patterned paints. The cute ponytail, MAN. This look, I’m all over it. It’s so haute but still Gal to me.

W♥C
    Hehe, I actually really like that cardigan! I think it could be tied into a Mode coordinate if done right. I believe I’ve seen a few cardis? Hehe! The scarf too, very cute! I like the watercolor-styled pattern. Honestly, it looks like Chinatsu is honing into mode styles with the few pics posted!

Conclusion~
    What I love, I LOVE. Everything else is meh. I’m hoping that we’ll see a bit more as well. Hopefully more creative uses of fur and some better arranged coordinates. I think that’s half the issue – some pieces could be cute but they’ve been haphazardly thrown together in some cases. D:

Side Note: I added you on Twitter, hope that’s fine. ^^ My s/n is krabbyroad ^o^

July 20, 2010 / 7:25 pm

hahahaha you had pretty similar reactions to me. I agree I love what I love and the rest, well I don’t HAVE to wear it :heart2:

I saw that you did, but I don’t add anyone with protected tweets :^_^;;:

• July 21, 2010 / 2:36 pm

O_O I didn’t even know they were locked! :cry:
        But I fixed that~ Should be working fine now XD;;

4. July 19, 2010 / 12:20 am

That Spiral Girl look with the green military coat and tall boots? Love it. I need that coat. :hearts:

I’m not, however, loving the layering prints on prints. It’s just too… much. I would feel like the prints were the focal point, rather than me in the prints, you know? So the Nordic trend is probably not going to really be my thing. I also have to agree that overall it is just a little too serious, though I do really love what Murua’s doing. I’m at a point in my life where more adult looks really click with me and that picture of Momoko in the pinstripe pants is fab. That is a look I think I could rock. But a little more playfulness would be nice because it’s just not fun to be super serious all the time.

I am so looking forward to being back in Japan right now (six days to go!). I’m revamping my style and going more Gyaru and I am itching to shop. :)

July 20, 2010 / 7:26 pm

I agree, there’s a certain fine line between chic and serious. Some is quite chic, others is just too staid and serious :)

Enjoy your time in Japan :heart:

5. July 19, 2010 / 12:43 am

I like the military, lace boots and blouse looks – but i’m not too keen on much else to be honest.
    I’ve never been too keen on nordic prints, but I could be persuaded otherwise by a decent cut.

But luckily we have Mode to save the day!! :peer:
    I love 99.9% of the looks Emoda and Murua are bringing out, thank goodness for them haha

July 20, 2010 / 7:29 pm

I think we need just need to see better nordic. This whole retro sweater posing with your grandma stuff is not working for me -_-

6. July 19, 2010 / 1:02 am

Since I’m already in my mid-20s, this is right up my alley. I don’t think I can pull off ripped/patterned jeans/leggings/pants at work save for casual Fridays, and there’s NO WAY in hell I’m wearing those furry open-toe shoes, I’m wearing but I can totally see myself wearing these to a client meeting. :love: That Nordic-meets-military dress and the boot with the removable fur are made of pure win! :heartlove: :oops: I am looking for those fur tails like mad, I want one of my own! :(

Also LOL Chinatsu why are you such a ham. :mrgreen:

July 20, 2010 / 7:29 pm

Seriously open toes and fur, insanity!

LOL She amuses me so much. I love her :yayblush:

• July 22, 2010 / 1:29 am

I think the reason why I love her being a ham so much is because she makes ridiculous faces and still manages to look cute. XD ♥ Reminds me of my sister LOL. XD She makes me want those fangs so bad now… do I smell a Halloween idea brewing? X3

7. July 19, 2010 / 1:52 am

Wow, all it’s really toooooooooo serious! The only things I really liked was the w♥c cardigan (omigosh:heartexclaim: ) and that giant blue knit jacket lol. But I don’t like the “general” look of Fall fashion. I prefer to wear clothing more HAPPY! and less -serious-. But, as you said, we haven’t seen the full picture! So I’ll be waiting for more… :roll:

PD: Fur boots with open toe –> :^_^;;: O R L Y ?!?!?!?!

July 20, 2010 / 7:30 pm

hahahah seriously, it’s like that boot is an example of what not to do :roll:

In general you were right. Literally. So much military and sharp cuts, not enough fun for me :oops:

8. July 19, 2010 / 4:07 am

I really don’t like the fur. I don’t know why, it just looks strange in my eyes – fake or real :(
    But I like khaki, and actually the nordic print (I’m from Norway, maybe that’s why :) ), I think it’s cute. But some of the looks are just… to much print all over :-S
    And I feel like much of it is too serious or adult… ish. I don’t think I can pull of many of these looks because I’m so young, it will just look weird on me :^_^;;:

July 20, 2010 / 7:40 pm

hahaha but at least you might have an easy job finding cute things in Nordic print :heart:

9. July 19, 2010 / 5:17 am

This entry has much nicer things hehe
    I love the hidden wedge military boot, DO WANT
    and I have to say Im loving the Granny Christmas Jumpers haha

Im loving the WC sex cardigan haha, I wonder how much it will cost though, as Topshop have an alphabet cardigan thats sorrrt of similar lol

:curiousmo: :-D hehehe

July 20, 2010 / 7:42 pm

hahahah you and your elmo icon :heart: I love Elmo, too. My friend had one of those giant ones you showed. It was in highschool but well she was a kid at heart (a kid who graduated 2nd in her class urgh LOL).

I wonder about the cost, too. At least most of the w♥c items are decently priced. Expect for the denim :^_^;;:

10. July 19, 2010 / 5:36 am

The Emoda shoots were taken in my hometown, Milan! Sooooooo strange! Familiar places + gal models @_@
    When I first saw the first shoot I was going to the same place were it was taken!

July 20, 2010 / 7:43 pm

How awesome!!! I love seeing familiar places when people do shoots like that. Not exactly the same but Tsubasa’s Paris book came out right when I got home from Paris so it was lovely to look back and remember. At least sometime there was a fabulous girl exactly where I was. It’s a good feeling ehheeh :heart:

11. July 19, 2010 / 5:56 am

Fall fashion is serious business.
    Most of it is a huuuuge “does not want” for me. Though, I will be found rocking the print leggings this fall :)
    I am also loving that military coat :hearts: I will be getting myself one of them.
    That w♥c cardigan is amazing as well. So funky!

July 20, 2010 / 7:44 pm

Oddly it would be fun to see those mixed :korila: Probably would at least bring more fun to the mix :stepup:

12. Nicolette
    July 19, 2010 / 6:21 am

I see where you’re coming from when you say, in general, the looks look a bit too mature. But I see some playfull qualities in Spiral Girl (which is my favorite here) and of course, from w♥c. Love that red hat in the third Spiral Girl pic :sparkle:

I like all the print leggings as well, and I’m glad to see the military tops again. Royal Party’s second outfit with the leopard-print shorts is lovely, as well as the turban scarf trend (need to try that; it’s a great alternative if you’re having a bad hair day or if you don’t want to deal with your hair dying due to humidity, haha :mrgreen: :star2: ). As for mode in general, I feel I’m only 1/2 sold, because some of those looks are the ones I feel are too mature.

But this is another great post, shows that there’s hope yet for Fall. :hearts:

13. July 19, 2010 / 6:33 am

WANT THOSE LEOPARD PANTS FROM EMODA OMFGGG :hearts:
    Definitely will snag the wc cardi too (of course, haha!) & the nordic x military print onepiece from Spiral Girl is too fun! Love it :hearts:
    I agree with you about these looks missing the ‘fun’ in gal fashion… Hopefully some of the other brands can bring it, & may I just add that nordic print is so making a return from fall 2007/2008? One of those years, because I totally still have a rather hideous nordic print sweater dress that I’m thinking of re-styling to make current for this coming fall season now, haha :mrgreen:

14. July 19, 2010 / 6:39 am

The September issue of Jelly has a nice article about the various shops’ A/W fashion statements and some photos of selected pieces. I thought what was shown there was a bit more gal and playful. I really do agree that a lot of these items are quite mature, which is especially great for the older gals who don’t want to be as ott anymore. But gal needs playful and sexiness as you said.

I’m into the leopard prints, chain prints and military items alot. But skinny belts? :cry: Not good at all for chubby ladies like me.

15. kiki-sama
    July 19, 2010 / 7:34 am

Ever since your Mode week iv been in love with the style and im so happy with Emoda’s exhibition :D im a bit more relieved about this fall trend now exept for the fur boots/shoes… it looks kinda weird and especially with the open toes…its fur its ment to keep you warm so wats the point of keeping the toes out :?: i really want to see something from WC though and see how the ‘other side’ of gyaru (the more playfull one) will be like this fall

16. July 19, 2010 / 7:39 am

Is it wrong that I sort of love the monster fur open toe boots :S I have ridiculous taste in footwear. I’m loving all the nordic stuff and I super happy that leopard print is still around as I have a bit of a love affair with it. Thank you so much for these posts, I adore your blog.

17. July 19, 2010 / 8:15 am

Thanks for this very informational post, the trends for fall are really interesting!
    However, I have to agree with you that many of the design look to adult and serious, because I think that gal needs a bit of a playful and sexy attitude. My favorite designs in this post were the great military items from Spiral Girl and the gorgeous mode items by Murua- ever since Mode week I´ve been in love with Murua´s clothes, so I think I´ll ditch the sweet-kei style for winter and go back to cool mode style :hearts: Also, I´m really starting to like w♥c, the cardigan is just awesome! I hope they´ll have it in the store when I´m in Tokyo in August? Also, their colourful scarf is really beautiful, I like the colours a lot! :)

18. Mizuko
    July 19, 2010 / 10:13 am

Thank god for the millitary cuts or I might have punched a hole through my wall. This fall’s styles have semi disappounted me yet there are lights at the end of the dark tunnels lol x3

19. July 19, 2010 / 11:03 am

“Guns, tanks and airplanes make up the print!” This makes me super excited! I love that military is coming back in a more chic way than it has in its past, including studs, sparkle, and the over the knee boots. I bought my over the knee boots in the Spring and haven’t had the chance to wear them yet. Yay! <3 I also happen to like the serious, darker direction. And mode. Hooray!!

But a lot of the other prints intimidate me a little. They seem either too eclectic and scattered. And the ponchos are just scary. I didn't like them last time they were a hit, and I certainly won't now. :p

20. July 19, 2010 / 12:46 pm

This fall post made me the happiest girl alive! I basically love everything in this post! I am absolutely dying for those SpiGal nordic print tights! And the OTK lace up boots are hot hot hot. :hearts:

I am over course I push over for all the Mode looks. Those printed pants are AWESOME. I am for sure going to try and get my hands on some. I love Ena’s shots from Italy. She’s so pretty! I don’t know about that one Murua blouse though. It’s so… big! But I guess that’s what they are going for. I also am dying for the chain print dress and the fur tail. I am so in love with the monster fur trend! Fall is going to be great :stepup:

21. Leah
    July 19, 2010 / 1:12 pm

I’m not sure how I feel about Fall, I like alot of it but at the same time I can’t stand alot of it. I also feel like I wouldn’t want to wear alot of it for everyday stuff like school and the like. I feel it is very adult and I am still just a teenager!

Maybe it’s because Fall colours are always so neutral? It always makes me feel very melancholic.

On a brighter note I love the OTK lace up boots and the khaki green military coat (I owned one of these up until last year when I ripped a hole in it by accident :x)! :hearts2:

22. July 19, 2010 / 4:01 pm

I’m just not digging anything really.

I was so excited this spring/summer, but fall/winter is so BLAH

23. July 19, 2010 / 5:54 pm

Maybe it’s because I’m an old lady @ heart, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE how adult Fall styles are looking. I’m not down with the fur (but, of course, I live in the Dirty South and we can only use fur in super-small doses) but I love the scarf-prints and, because that’s really a year-round staple in a lot of hip-hop brands, there’s plenty of it in my MS closet and maybe I can have some of it shipped to FL. I just love Emoda & Murua in general!

24. Maki
    July 19, 2010 / 8:18 pm

Spiral Girl is hands down the winner of this bunch for me. I love the “Military coat w/ lace up boots” and “nordic on nordic” outfits. Now, I would probably wear the “nordic on nordic” outfit with plain black tights and just do the nordic scarf, but the overall styling is nice. I agree with some of the comments above that a lot of the outfits in the Fall collections so far are over-doing everything and that there’s not enough subtly. Fun prints don’t stand out like they should when they’re plastered all over.

Mode looks promising though. I really love those pants Ena is wearing in the photo where she’s getting styled. :heart:

Also, thanks for the links to your sources! I browsed through more of the fall collections on Net ViVi and found a lot more that I liked. So there’s still hope! Though not for my wallet. :^_^;;: Something from Titty&co’s Snoopy collab will be mine. Red Shirt-OP or Black? Ahhh decisions! :cry:

I’m still curious to see what’s to come from the girly brands like Liz Lisa. It’s always interesting to me to see how trends are represented in different ends of the spectrum.

25. kari
    July 19, 2010 / 8:24 pm

yeah, i guess i’m an old lady too! i thought Mode really saved the day as the rest of the fall styles really make me cringe (except that cute green military jacket with the tall boots… :peer: ).

i also like to have fun with fashion and love colors and some crazy accents, but it seems this fall is meant to be devoid of colors, paired up with crazy layers of things that don’t match together and over-the-top fur. not a fan :(

plus, i want me some Mode hairbangs!! how do they get them to look so shiny and perfect?!? :heart:

26. July 19, 2010 / 9:03 pm

I must say this post has surely redeemed some of the hope I had for fall fashion since the last post. The last post actually got me a bit scared for what fall held. But this post really has me excited for fall to come along. Mostly because of Spiral Girl! That military jacket with the fur is gorgeous… So want that… I love how the military style is made more feminine by mixing military elements with different textures. I feel like I can finally get into military. Nordic x nordic is also an interesting pairing… I have a feeling it may be a difficult trend to pull off though. Could be fatal if not handled correctly. I’m glad oversize sweaters are back… Comfort clothing to snuggle :P

I think the fall fashion is a nice change from spring/summer. S/S was very bright, colourful & flowerm and we are seeing more neutral & darker colours coming in for F/W which is an interesting and refreshing twist. I agree with you that some of these fashions are a bit serious but I’m sure eventually one of these brands will bring out a hidden surprise that we’ve yet seen that will make us fall in love with f/w :)

27. Misheru
    July 20, 2010 / 4:33 am

Some of it didn’t really appeal to me, but overall, I actually like the seriousness in the looks. I am not all “OH SO SERIOUS” but I feel that fashion fall reflects me and my style :)

28. August 10, 2010 / 4:57 am

oh i loove fall fashion! :hearts:
    I love the mix of cool and cute, not unlike summer fashion which was all girly and flowery.
    Soo into the military stuff!Really have to see where i can get one of these hidden wedge boots!