The Marukyuu (109) Bible Book & Egoist x Madonna

A fabulous new book is coming out as an August issue for June called “The Marukyuu Book” The Shibuya 109 Bible (amazon.jp page). It’ll cost 1680 yen and is 114 pages.

The publisher put out a discussion of its contents that I translated

Prolouge:
24 hours in 109. Documenting a day in the life of 109.

109 News:
109 Business topics. 109 net shop. 109 stage (the 8th floor with Mongrelly, MarpleQ, Jewels Prom). Lavish stores. 109 credit card information.

Beauty:
What personifies 109 beauty.

Emina posted this photo of herself in the book on her blog.

Collection:
Including 25 of the most popular shops. Their shop staff showing off the brand’s style.

Work:
1 day in the life of a shop staff. How hard they work to keep their shop shining.

Shop:
How shops get such dedicated fans.

From Ruvap's blog. Showing their page.

Shop Guide:
All the staff lined up. A walk through of all the stores from the 2nd to the 8th floors.

Shopping Bag:
A collection of the shop’s bags all together.

Persons:
The new upcoming faces of 109.

Skill:
Those who are responsible to bringing design to 109. Without them we wouldn’t be discussing 109.
Emoda Designer – Mina Nagamine (ameblo)
Min Plume President – Aki Aoki (ameblo)
Titty & Co Director – Michiko Toyoshima
Liz Lisa Selector – Hiromi Sato
Dazzlin’ Chief Designer – Rumi Kon (ameblo)

Egoist's Charisma Shop Staff photo from the Egoist Blog

Mens:
109 Mens. 109 isn’t just for ladies.

Service:
The evolution of serving customers in 109.

Research:
133 shop staff are asked a questionnaire.

Hospitality:
Inside the service mindset of a 109 shop staff. The mentality behind just hanging clothes exposed.

Discussion:
We get a round table of shop staff and discuss the issues of dealing with customers.

Report:
We sneak into a shop conference. How they determine everyday how to best beat their rivals.

Business:
Discussing 109’s steady & development with Tokyuu’s Managing Director 萩原泰章 (Hagihara Yasunori?)

Keyword:
Decoding the 10 words behind the 109 business plan.

Top Interview:
Guidelines from the top 109 tenants.

Japan Imagination’s Representative Director Tastuo Kimura
Japan Imagination owns Cecil McBee, Risty, Cecil Linc, Be Radiance

Egoist Representative Director Kazuya Kitou
Egoist owns Egoist, Ravijour,

Eyama Managing Director Okiyama Eiji
Eyama owns Spiral Girl, Miia, Royal Party

Index:
Shibuya 109 shop index.

History:
30 years of 109. The history of 109 dating back to 1979.

Philosophy:
Glorifying 109 beyond its storefront. A talk with Managing Director of 109’s webshop.
The Cinderella Story for young girls continues.

And More…

Eeeee!! I’m so excited to read this! I’ll definitely be ordering a copy. So much juicy information inside it! I guess buying it makes me quite a 109 addict :heartsmile:

Egoist x Madonna

Starting this Friday Egoist is putting out a special collab with the “Queen of Pop”. Photo prints and rock art are the key looks.

Opinions? They look pretty cute, albeit a bit pricey :depressed: I’d definitely consider the t-shirt onepiece.

:music: Gunna dress you up in my love! All over your body, from your head down to your toes! :note:

LOL I like Madonna :heartsmile:

1. July 14, 2010 / 4:28 pm

When I began reading this I though with it being a Japanese book I didnt think Id be too interested since I lack skillz
    But by the end I was like “OMFG GIMME GIMME!!!” XD haha
    It sounds so packed with info, now I want it to improve my language skills haha :up:

July 14, 2010 / 11:04 pm

I know! I was kind of like urgh ohhhh a business book and then BAM so much info! I’m looking forward to seeing this one :heart:
      :curiousmo: elmo for you :stepup:

2. July 14, 2010 / 4:34 pm

RE:109 Book; It really does sound great! Not to mention that I’m kind of a ridiculous fan of Emina and if she’s in it, WAAAAAANT! Every time I’ve gone in 109, it’s been a unique experience. You really see how hard these girls work to represent their brands. I’ve worked in a lot of places where they say, “You are the company!” and most people don’t take that to heart. It’s a totally different ballgame in 109. Extremely admirable at that!

Some of my favorite shop staff are the girls in d.i.a. and Baby Shoop. They’re sweethearts~ OH! There’s a nice girl in GLAD NEWS too. But I don’t know names so this all sounds vague. XD

&as for the EgoistxMadonna collab, I’m liking the tunic tank top. The ovular cut at the bottom is really cute to me! After that though, I like the one-piece as well. The picture arrangements on the one-piece is my favorite. I think the t-shirt is a bit too basic for me. To add, over all the photo shirts look nice to me when combined into a cute coordinate well but when I look at them separately, I’m not head over heels for them. Kinda weird. XD

July 14, 2010 / 11:07 pm

Emina is amazing!! So nice, too! I found out about the book thanks to her blog. Her blog is awesome :heartsmile:

Glad News has some really nice staff, there was one girl Mari who used to work there and we would chat for hours on weekday afternoons. She was one of the first shop staff I got to know. Relationships, shopping, etc… She was great. Well the whole staff is great, sometimes they go as a group to ATOM and party on the saike floor :heartsmile:

I agree, photo shirts seem to work great in coordis but alone I just think …meh I’m buying a woman, feels weird :icon_eek:

3. July 14, 2010 / 4:54 pm

If I could read Japanese well, I would so buy this book :hearts:
    Loving how Emina is pimping everywhere too, haha~

July 14, 2010 / 11:08 pm

Yes that girl’s star is rising! :heart:

I’ll hopefully do some scans once I get it of the fun photos and some summaries if I have time :upheart:

4. kari
    July 14, 2010 / 11:30 pm

sounds cool. unfortunately, i lack the skills to be able to read books in j-go… :(

that said, that reminded me of something… a while ago, i found this “magazine” in the gyaru magazine section at the bookstore that was all about 109, but in ENGLISH!! not sure if it’s still around since it was at least a few months ago, but maybe it’s still available since it definitely not a monthly thing? it was a fun read ^_^

5. July 14, 2010 / 11:53 pm

wow this book sounds great. =D
    nice article.!

July 16, 2010 / 7:42 pm

I was super excited about it, too :korila:

6. July 15, 2010 / 9:44 am

Ok, if being a dumb non-speaking idiot in 109 all day today wasn’t motivation enough to study, THIS IS! I am going to order it too, and I am really going study Japanese. And this time I’ll keep it off…er.. I mean stick to it XD

Thank you so much for keeping us updated with all the most current gal news, you are really on top of things even when you are in the US.

Oh and we (me and Rebecca) saw lots of fur items here and there. Some other fall items too. I saw plaid again, and some knit accessories.

July 16, 2010 / 7:42 pm

Awwwh I bet you two had so much fun!!

I bought it, I’ll try to translate what I can. I hate the time it takes -_- Maybe I’ll be my friend who is 1kyuu :cat:

7. July 16, 2010 / 10:48 am

Ooh, I wonder if they will carry this at the local Japanese Market?

Plus, did you get a chance to see Madonna new line for..Macy’s is it? I’m surprised shes just doing one now.

July 16, 2010 / 7:43 pm

I’m unsure how widely published it was. Maybe tho’! :sparkle2:

Saw that line. Can’t say I’m a fan, which is sad since I love Madonna and want to support her :icon_eek:

8. Ansku
    July 16, 2010 / 12:37 pm

The more I read bout that 109 book, the more excited I became! I can’t help it, I love “behind the scenes” stuff! :love: Hopefully someone will post some scns/translations!

July 16, 2010 / 7:41 pm

I bought it and I will try to do what I can. Possibly more scans than translations depending on time :oops:

9. July 16, 2010 / 2:20 pm

Hi Mitsu,

I’ve recently just started a gal blog and I linked two of your Mode entries in my entry. I hope you don’t mind!

July 16, 2010 / 7:41 pm

Your post looks great! I’ll be talking about Mode again soon and will be sure to link you :heart: