Egoist Celeb Elegance Gyaru for FW 2010

Due to kitty delays I’m going to be packing this all in, so we’re going to go fast on the Doll. Autumn collections for 7 brands in 7 days (if everything works out right :^_^;;: ) Lots of lovely eyecandy to see and trends to discuss :upani:

This is a post about EGOIST for Fall 2010, but it’s a post also about shop staff. make-up and more :stepup: Super image heavy post today with 26 images below :upheart:

EGOIST details:
katakana: エゴイスト
style: celeb, adult, casual
website: http://egoist-inc.com/ english http://www.egoist-inc.com/en/
number of stores: 27 + 3 outlets + 2 stores in Hong Kong
since: 1996
this season’s concept: Play Gothic “Only one mouth for a reason, a dream within a dream”
what it’s really this season: Celeb casual with strong overseas concept
model: Seri Iwahori (34 year old ex-Vivi model)

Promo Shots

Fall 2010 Catalog

At first glance seeing all those shots it looks so much like Rumi of fashiontoast.com. Even the styling. Which is kind of odd knowing that Rumi herself modeled for Mercury Duo, and the Mercury Dup shots were styled much like her blog. :worries:

All my worries dissipated though when I got to see lots of shop staff in the current Fall/Winter coordinates. Much less Rumi and much more Egoist.

gyaru trends shown: printed tights, damage slash denim, trench coat, fur, fur tail, leopard, blouse, plaid, thigh-highs (thigh highs are not new to gyaru but they are a total fall trend therefore more brands will be doing them like Egoist who doesn’t usually do them).

Egoist Shop Staff in Fall Coordinates

Instead of the bowler or pork-pie, Egoist has decided to go with the flat-out fedora. I really like their fedora + glasses combo idea, great for times when I don’t have time to do my eye make-up :makeup:

Dot print, sheer frill blouse and fur tail highlight this sexy coordinate

I love that she goes for leg lengthening vertical stripe tights instead of thigh baring stockings. Casual sexy :upheart:

Almost an exact same coordinate done by a shop staff in a completely different store. But their looks both have different intents. Small details change everything, fashion is so awesome. :thumb:

While I would look like a fatty in this, I do love the low slung belt paired with the tibetan fur vest

All black coordi that looks so fashionable and sexy :loveword:

I love the wonderful popular fall Olive color mixed with feminine lace and yet super casual.

Is it me or does this girl look like she’s crossing her eyes? :evil:

All the shop staff of the Kawaramachi Egoist posing together.

Ahh I love pictures like this of real gals (let me clarify that shop staff are like half-models chosen for their looks) all posing together showing how they interpret Egoist style. :heartshake:

Egoist Shop Staff Make-up

The Egoist Press Blog (http://ameblo.jp/ego-pr/) decided to showcase 3 different shop staff and highlight a portion of their Fall make-up. I absolutely love seeing this and I feel more inspired by pics like this than photoshopped magazines anyday. :up:

For this shot they wanted to discuss the dark smoky eye. Lovely when paired with a nude lip.

Not the best pic of it but they’re highlighting the turquoise blue eyeliner that has been a trend in gal lately (especially the one put out by Nars).

Here highlighting red lips  which she seems to be using a lip stain.

Opinions? Tell yours!

I like the styles shown, I think because I like how they’re on shop staff. The catalog shots seemed to have washed out a lot of color, although that lace trench coat is quite lovely.

Although a bit bland, they are in line at what Egoist does right: sexy casual everday wear. That’s what I really like about Egoist is how daily their pieces are. I have worn some of the pieces I’ve bought from them to death. Personal favorites are the dotted blouse and floppy fedora :stepup:

1. August 31, 2010 / 4:19 pm

The final of the promo shot’s is my fave, so perfect!
    I love wedges anyway but hidden wedges are so lovely and I’m seeing a lot here :hearts: :stepup:

2. August 31, 2010 / 4:20 pm

uh oh, I’m starting to feel my love for fur start to go into overdrive after looking at this :!: I’m in love with almost all of the fur items!! I also really like the sheer pieces a lot :hearts:

3. August 31, 2010 / 4:46 pm

i absolutely love those fedoras im not usually into hats but those look awesome :)

4. August 31, 2010 / 4:57 pm

I love the two firsts staff coordination! I can make an outfit inspired by the first one already! the forth pic is so cool too! and I love the polka dots tights! yay for egoist!

5. August 31, 2010 / 5:02 pm

love love~~ really can’t wait till it gets colder so i can wear my furs again and high-socks and tights :hearts2:
    this is the look i want for this fall/winter~~ :korila:

6. August 31, 2010 / 5:51 pm

i like this new fall collection! now if it could actually become fall!!!! it’s way too hot to wear clothes still… :worries:

btw, LOVE that leopard print bag! :hearts: want! want! want!

7. August 31, 2010 / 6:05 pm

Wow, this photoshoot looks so fierce! :korila:
    It’s not really my style but the shoot is so attractive and sexy, they look so strong :wink:
    The makeup of the shop-staff looks so sexy too, but it doesn’t seem they have fun doing that :panda:
    When’s the next Daily Mitsu? Waiting to see your winter/fall shoots! :butterfly:

8. August 31, 2010 / 6:15 pm

I really like all of this Egoist A/W, because it’s very Ready-to-Wear, and would be great for school. I love the hidden wedges, they are so hot. And I really want one of those fedoras, they are really great!

And the all black coordinate is soo nice! I love it :hearts:

9. August 31, 2010 / 11:53 pm

I really love all of this…but I’m not sure how realistic thigh highs are for fall weather here in the NW. Any other ideas? But I do love everything else. Especially the fur, I think it gives the style a wild flair. Especially the tail. :) I know a lot of people are against fur, so please don’t hate. :x The one thing that seems like its missing is accessories! I love me some chunky or statement pieces.

10. September 1, 2010 / 3:12 am

Love love love Egoist! Excellent post dear, they all look so smouldering and sekshi!

11. September 1, 2010 / 4:02 am

Oh my, I thought the girl in the olive top was a mannequin!

Love the 2nd and 3rd pic ^^

12. September 1, 2010 / 5:30 am

Egoist looks FABULOUS <3

want everything *drools*

loveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveitloveit :korila:

13. September 1, 2010 / 6:28 am

It’s hard to see a great fall collection like Egoist’s, and in the next minute, remember your country is entering into Spring-Summer season u__u I Love fall and winter clothes so much more! I will definetely catch Egoist’s clothes anyways for next year. Specially the shoes~
    Oh! and this collection appealed more to me when i saw it on the Staff rather than the lookbook. Thank you for sharing~

14. September 1, 2010 / 7:01 am

I totally agree with the point you made about the outfits and shots being styled after Rumi, I kept getting the feeling of deja vu but couldn’t put a finger to it, till you pointed it out!

The styles are pretty casual and easy-going, something that doesn’t need too much fussing over, love the plaid shirt with vest and fedora combi and the fedora and glasses combi, so sexy.

Can’t wait to see more autmn collections!

• September 1, 2010 / 9:57 am

Japan has been jocking Rumi so hard this season with her popping up all over ViVi, Elle Girl/Elle Japan, Mercury Duo, Nylon Japan, etc so it’s no surprise to see them pushing their styling this direction. I guess it helps with her being part Japanese but I guess I’m surprised at how much she’s influenced at least editorial styling for the past 2-3 seasons.

15. September 1, 2010 / 7:11 am

Another example of how awesome shop staff are :heart:
    & yes, please do more of these shop staff make photos too! The first girl’s is my favourite :hearts:

16. September 1, 2010 / 7:54 am

I’m totally underwhelmed by the A/W promo shots, it could be any gal brand or imitation brand. But, the staff pics are much more interesting. Maybe because the girls are obviously so natural looking compared the over-styled shoot? I’m fond of Egoist and it’s an old reliable, but if I was just passing by I don’t think this would catch my eye.

17. September 1, 2010 / 7:55 am

I think everything is just lovely, and like you said, they are doing adult celeb casual just perfectly. But nothing really stands out at me like “I need that!!” My favorite piece is that olive color oversized lace shirt, that’s really cute haha.

I agree, the shop staff are really cute and good at coordinating, they make the brand come alive and the clothing seems more…hum I don’t know, real? when they wear it.

18. Manuela
    September 1, 2010 / 8:45 am

I’ve been in shibuya 109 today and visited egoist shop because I love the new collection. AIl is quite interesting, but also for thin people.
    I tried the denim shorts that appears in photos but M size is small as usual. I don’t think that I’m fat, I’m 1,67 cm and 56 kgs (I think i am thin),
    but many pants in shibuya 109 are small for me, I’m so depressed because of that. :( I have to go on diet and loss 10 kgs to buy in Shibuya.
    Is not fare.
    Is very frustating. How to become a gyary if you are above 47 kgs. TToTT

September 1, 2010 / 9:19 am

Well I think wc, sly, moussy and vence shorts fit a bit bigger. Egoist denim tends to be on the small side. ^_^;;

19. September 1, 2010 / 9:59 am

Great to see Seri still working and styled so strongly; she almost looks like Rinka in some shots as well. I keep feeling as if half the shop girls forgot to wear pants though! :^_^;;:

20. September 1, 2010 / 10:28 am

I am so loving the fall tights! Sexy black with polka dots and the vertical lace-like tights are to die for. I think those leggings would spice up just about any fall coordinate. :)

21. September 1, 2010 / 1:39 pm

Its like night and day between the two snaps. The catalog is soooo lookbook.nu its almost TOO LOOKBOOK.NU…its like if i wanted to look like a hipster i’d shop at UO…

But the staff-chan add that somethin somethin, that makes it look less that what all the other graphic designers are wearing in my classes as they bike home :^_^;;:

22. September 2, 2010 / 12:51 am

I love this! I definitely think I would wear (or at least try to wear) all these looks!