Gyaru brand news: WC, EMODA, Gilfy, Golds & More

Instead of making several small posts I decided to combine lots of little news items into one big post. Info about your favorite gal brand might be below :heartsmile:

Gyaru Mooks

3 gyaru brands are launching mooks for their Autumn/Winter collection: EMODA, w♥c, and Gilfy. These mooks do not encompass all fashion to come out by that brand that season, but show the majority of it. Also they usually have special model appearances. It’s a great way to see the brand’s outlook for the season. I’d so buy all three if I wasn’t saving some ¥¥¥ for heading back to Japan.

With the MOOK purchase you get Ena Matsumoto produced gel eyeliner in brown and an EMODA pouch that looks like their shopping bags. :stars:

Other than a catalog: Celeb guests, Ena style for 30 days, Ena’s face and hair tutorials (amazon.jp link)

W♥C is more of a straight up catalog with present of tiny beige x blue Kumatan ECO bag :kumatan: (amazon.jp link)

Gilfy Mook is coming out 9/10 and there is no cover for it yet. (amazon.jp)

What’s a mook you ask, check out an explanation here

Emoda Commercial

EMODA launched their commercial this week. It’s sexy and short. This commercial was not made for TV, but more for video billboards. It’s opening first on Shinsaibashi OPA, which is an interesting concept of hitting Osaka first. However the video will be found on Centaagai & Shinjuku billboards as well. Chances are those who will be walking through Shibuya soon will hear the commercial :up:

Song by “ena” is all the reply is by. Whether Ena Matsumoto herself did it or not, is another pickle. Shame since I’d love the full version of it. Kind of Perfume-esque. :upheart:

Model’s Press @ EMODA commercial

Gilfy Renewals

Gilfy launched renewals of their two big stores of 109 and Shinjuku Lumine EST Store. Emina has been tweeting about how stressful the renewal has been, but now you can walk through Gilfy 109 and see the new Fall items and ja-jan a new DJ booth for 109. CLUB 109 would be the best idea ever. :thumb:

Warning: Video is supppper shaky :worry:

People who spent over 10,000¥ (around $120.00) got this very cool leopard mirror.

Maison Gilfy 109 staff at their redesigned store, the awesome mirror is bottom center and the awesome Emina is top left. :heartshake:

and for lulz here was their DJ for the renewal. Love the bondage Mickey ears :bow:

Gilfy Collabs

To kick off their Fall collection Gilfy has paired with several brands to create some cute collaborations. :heartsmile:

Lee Jeans plus Gilfy’s tail charm are ¥8,295 together :star2:

You can buy a set of Black Fly glasses and Gilfy bowler hat for ¥12,600.

Jun Komori (ex Popteen now Pop Sister and Edge-S) designed a Casquette hat for Gilfy :stars:

all details found on Gilfy Charisma Shop Staff’s Emina’s blog

New store alert – D:LAND by Gilfy

New discount brand by Gilfy.
website: http://www.dland-by-gilfy.com/

Unlike their previous launches of Backs and ReDark, Gilfy is aiming more at the smaller town gyaru needing discount fashion. First shop is opening in Utsunomiya which is a bit of an odd place for a first opening of a gyaru brand, but shows that Gilfy trying to diversify and appeal to those who want super cheap prices.

(click to enlarge)

D:Land by Gilfy’s purpose is to offer looks from 3 different styles (right to left): Rock, Daily & Mode

I think the Daily looks really cute. Their supposed “Mode” looks a  little more “Mote” instead :worry:

Here are their price ranges. Really sensible for clothing. :stepup:

Set to open next month at Utsunomiya FKD Interpark (宇都宮FKDインターパーク)

D:LAND by Gilfy article

Esperanza x Sakurina (Rina Sakurai) collab.

Popular Ageha model is doing a collab with Esperanza. I love this idea! :happydance:  It seems more mainstream models are getting make-up contracts and such, but clothing and shoe collabs always make me happy (Sakurina does have a make-up contract with Fairy Lash). I also love Sakurina, sadly she’s an Osaka girl so I can’t see her in many appearances :sage:

She has thus far done a capsule collection of 3 pairs. They’re all pretty much hostess heels, but I do like her rock take on them. Sadly they are not meant for walking on craggy Tokyo streets. I’d fall in the most unladylike manner in these for sure, but they’re pretty to look at :cat:

I admit part of me loves the flashy look of leopard boots with buckles and rose heels :stars:

All of the looks more of a kyaba-jo style than agejo, but… still fun to look at :o

esperanza website

Valentines High s’il vous plaît

I’m late to the party with this news but Valentine’s High has items in Colette in Paris:
Valentine’s High in Paris, Valentine’s High blog entry on Colette, Colette Paris website . Oooo! I’ve actually been to the Colette store when I was there in February. I was on the hunt for Bape and they have a small bit of Bape in there. From my Bape experience don’t expect to see more than a few items there.

From the Valentine’s High in Colette opening (here)

Picture of the Paris Colette store I took back in February when I went to Paris.

The tiny Bape corner at Colette :worries:

First instance I can think of a gyaru brand expanding outside of Asia. As Miss Britney said, “Gimme gimme more”. :smiley:

Golds Infinity 5th Anniversary

It is Gold’s Infinity’s 5th anniversary, which isn’t as awesome as MA*RS 20th, but the novelty is super cute.

For Golds Infinity anniversary they’re offering two novelty gifts.

9/1 if you buy over 5,000 yen (around $65.00) you get a make-up pouch and eyelashes.
9/17 if you buy an outer (usually a coat) you get a cute pink leopard mirror :upheart:
Both items should please agejo customers who want something cute and flashy

golds infinity anniversary novelty blog entry

The tuition has been paid, so I can announce it. As planned I’ll be back in Japan starting in October for 6 months going to language school. Expect some hiccups in posting especially as October nears. I’m excited since being back since January is longest I’ve been away from living in Japan since summer ’07. WOOT! Me and blooomzy who will also be there for school will be taking over Tokyo. I also miss my Tokyo friends terribly especially my boys :heart: I’m so happy to see them again, they’re like family to me. :bowhouse:

1. August 22, 2010 / 6:00 pm

Awe, congrats on getting your tuition stuff sorted out so you can get back to Nihonland~! :heart:
    I literally JUST saw the advert for the wc mook on Chinatsu’s blog & DO WANT!! I was wondering about the ‘ena’ song on the EMODA commercial too, haha~ that would be cool if she got to release a single, maybe as a promotion for the shop or something? That would be an interesting tie-in :note:

August 26, 2010 / 9:13 am

And she did! LOL girrrrl you’re always ahead of the curve :korila:

2. August 22, 2010 / 6:40 pm

Guuuurrllll we are gonna work the streets of Tokyo and I don’t mean in a hooker fashion…unless we wear those Sakurina shoes haha :wink:
    I’m so pleased you paid your tuition and it’s official. Can’t wait to finally meet up :)

I am going to have to get my hands on all 3 of those mooks. Damn it, I can’t go without my free gifts haha. But apart from the allure of free gifts, the Emoda mook actually looks pretty interesting. I can’t wait to see the tutorials.

I know a a few people who study in Utsunomiya, but unfortunately I also know that the Gilfy-ness would be lost on them. Shame -_-

3. August 22, 2010 / 7:04 pm

I love that commercial! and the song I need the full version its so catchy.

August 26, 2010 / 9:18 am

I agree, so catchy. She’s got a pleasing voice when singing :cheery:

4. August 22, 2010 / 8:21 pm

oh i’m excited for you to return to japan! :up: (we’ll be in the same time zone ;P) hopefully you won’t be having so much fun that you’ll forget about this blog~ :cry: haha :heart:

i also want to let you know that when you first started bloging about MODE i was on the fence about it (seems to SERIOUS for me!!) but now i’ve really warmed up to it and think i’ll try some of the looks this fall/winter. i think especially in korea MODE would be the easiest for me to find styles for, they have a lot of similar pieces here (i think).

5. August 22, 2010 / 11:41 pm

The Gilfy X Lee jeans are pure love! And I love the shot of the shop staff, more bowler hats please!

6. August 23, 2010 / 4:36 am

I was like “ehhhhhnnnn” holding the Emoda mook in my hand yesterday at my local magazine shop, but I eventually decided against it to save space in my bag (and the pouch is really cheap looking)

Love that picture of Chinatsu on the mook, she can look so cute even done up like that XD

Actually I want that spangle union jack shirt Sakurina is wearing more than any of the shoes hehe, but if I could fit them I’d totally try to totter around on those purple ribbon sandals!

Im so jealous you (and bloomzy) get to stay in Japan for extended time! Curse you university, stop trying to prepare me for the future! haha! XD But it would be so awesome if we could meet up in the winter! :yayyay:

7. August 23, 2010 / 10:22 am

Gilfy shop staff look so adorable. Glad they’re really pushing bowlers and Nordic pattern knits for fall. Should be fun seeing more pictures pop up as we get past this hellacious summer.

8. August 23, 2010 / 5:15 pm

Everything looks great!!

But I especially love the Esperanza x Sakurina collab!!! Wuaaahh the shoes! They all look great! But my favorites are the boots!!! :yayyay:

9. August 24, 2010 / 4:53 am

So hard trying to convince myself not to buy those Mooks :superhappy:

OH MY DAYS, I Need that GILFY mirror in my life!!!!
    Though is that DJ there all the time? If so I may never visit 109 again haha :worry:

10. August 24, 2010 / 7:41 pm

oh cool! i’m really happy for you you get to go back to japan! :kumatan:
    i hope we can hang out sometime… even though you don’t really know me, haha, i do enjoy your blog!

btw, i’ve been seeing those shoes with flowers in the platform EVERYWHERE!! not just at Esperanza…. so looks like it’s gonna be a new fall trend!

11. August 25, 2010 / 9:45 am

Usually I don’t like Agejo’s collabs, but those boots are so cute! :korila:
    The leopard one is awesome! :hearts2:
    I don’t really like GOLDS novelties, I think they could do more, but the makeup pouch and the lashes are supercute. :love:
    Glad you back to Japan! Are you better? I read before you were ill. :^_^;;: