Gyaru Fall trends for pants & skirts

Quick post since I’ve been busy this weekend and hopped up on pain pills after messing up my knee. Hurrah :^_^;;:

I really wanted to talk about another thing in the September Jelly issue about bottoms, since they’re such a concern as we turn to Fall and need to keep warm yet fabulous. There’s a lot of different looks Jelly provided and styled. Something for all gyaru here :-D

All 1000px width. Click to enlarge.

The Newest Bottom Trends. They’re saying turning on parade, let’s say marching :wink:

Pankinsu/Paginsu aka Jeggings – We talked about these back in MODE Week, but they’re really everywhere. I prefer to call them the romanized pankinsu or paginsu, since it sounds like someone saying punk kids. Jeggings to me sounds like a disease :-S

Either way you want to call them, they’re the big trend in bottoms and should keep you warmer than tights and shorts :upheart:

That gorgeous splatter top above is by EMODA. I am sure there will be more splatter print trend this Winter.

Crush Denim aka Damage Denim – Definitely second biggest trend and some brands will try to make a Crush Denim x Pankinsu mix.

Shown in (clockwise) Vintage style, Girly style, Morroco style, Marine style, center Western style, and Military style.

Remake week coming next week I’ll be showing how to damage some denim if you wanna go the DIY route :upani:

High Waist Bottom – Models from Popteen to Jelly have been rockin the high waist for a while. Wei Son and Kumicky are often in them. Those with hip weight benefit from this style. Those of us who trend to gain weight in the mid-section, not so much :depressed:

Bandage Mini – Another MODE trend. Shown in several great ways to wear the look. I’m obsessed with this as a bottom lately. I keep thinking of new ways I want to wear mine through Winter. Definitely a great buy that should stay very in trend til the end of Winter :heart2:

That’s it! I’m moving back to Japan in less than 7 weeks so my time will be limited for a while :( Except smaller posts or less of them, I’m stretched for time right now. Stressful times soon :icon_eek:

1. August 8, 2010 / 11:41 pm

I one hundred percent agree with calling them Pakinsu. Jeggings… what is this, I don’t even… It just doesn’t sit right with me. But I do like pakinsu, and I am on the hunt for a nice pair! :up:

Also, cannot wait for the DIY damage denim post! I can never find damaged jeans that I like in stores!

And I’m so glad high waist is still trendy, I’m one of those people that has more hip weight -_-

August 9, 2010 / 6:18 am

Hopefully I do something in the post that’ll help. I agree I had such a time finding the damage I want. Not this oooo a hole it’s damage now :x But really damage :upani:

• August 14, 2010 / 1:35 am

I know! It’s like damaged jeans = one hole underneath the pocket. I want like it to look like I got in to a fight with a wolverine!! :x

• August 21, 2010 / 3:29 pm

BTW, would you happen to know where the boots Maiko is wearing in the Western crushed denim outfit are from? My sister wants to order them, lol.

August 21, 2010 / 3:31 pm

The brown short ones are from Esperanza

2. August 8, 2010 / 11:45 pm

i want a bandage mini soooo badly! :mrgreen: i see them on girls and just instantly want to stop whatever i’m doing and go on the hunt…oh clothes, they make me crazy. :^_^;;:

August 9, 2010 / 6:21 am

hhahahahaha oh god I laugh because I understand. it’s always somethng :( Good luck on your hunt!

3. Paginsu
    August 8, 2010 / 11:49 pm

Isn’t is “paginsu”, not “pakinsu”? :-S

August 9, 2010 / 6:06 am

thanks i wrote this post so quickly last night many magazines are calling it pakinsu so I didn’t take a second look.

4. August 9, 2010 / 1:30 am

Ah I want a pair of high waisted pants also but I’m afraid it’ll be hard to find a pair because I’m really “hippy”. Son Wei rocks high waisted pant so nicely.

And crushed denim page is :heart: i love the coordinates they did there.

5. August 9, 2010 / 1:56 am

yes for pakinsu!
    skinnier than skinny jeans and comfortable like leggings! :-D

i’m over bandage minis though, they’re too mainstream-fashion-2008 for me even if they look great in mode. -_-

as for highwaist bottoms, i wonder if damage high waist shorts will come into fashion not just the tailored ones shown in jelly. heh

6. August 9, 2010 / 3:37 am

Only 7 weeks woohoo.
    I can’t believe I’m there in 16 days – will be looking forward to your arrival :mrgreen:

I am so glad these are in as I already own some jeggings and the bandage skirt.
    I’ll have to get some good use out of them this winter and be imaginative with some coords.

7. August 9, 2010 / 3:41 am

When you first put jeggings, I thought that it was a typo. lol. You’re right it does sound like a disease.

8. August 9, 2010 / 4:52 am

Seriously dislike jeggings/pankinsu, people wear them instead of trousers and it leads to wobbly bums and cameltoe even on the skinniest of girls :/ yucky. They’re not so bad worn under a skirt or a dress but then again that’d have to be Autumn/Winter as it’d be super hot otherwise :P

The bandage skirts have been quite popular over in the UK for a while so plenty easy to get hold of, quite like the bandage bodycon dresses too!

Woot for distressed/crushed denim, it looks comfortable and more interesting than every day jeans. It’s a really nice spread you posted there x

9. August 9, 2010 / 5:32 am

Jeggings ftw :stepup:
    I wear themall the time hehe

10. August 9, 2010 / 6:48 am

The paneled pankinsu are my FAVES :hearts: EXPRESS actually has a pair they’re calling ‘moto jeans’ with the panels that are really hot too, so those are definitely on my must-to-buy for fall!
    I love the splatter print also~ hoping to see more of this :note:
    & I hope you don’t disappear on us for too long, Mitsu bb~! We’ll miss you too much if you do, but I definitely understand needing time to prepare for your move :kumatan:

11. August 9, 2010 / 9:13 am

The trends seem really similar to what was popular this year here, I saw lots of it at H&M.
    But I like the jeggings and bandagskirts, so that means I can keep using them :)

12. mana
    August 9, 2010 / 11:09 am

I’m not sure how to feel about the jeggings since I’m part of the “LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS” movement. Maybe with a really long top.

13. August 9, 2010 / 12:41 pm

thanks for posting this! i need something that will keep me warm during fall instead of freezing in tights and short skirts.. although they are very cute :) need something practical that i can throw on to keep warm, since ill be walking a mile to the train station from home, and vice versa on my school days.

14. August 9, 2010 / 1:18 pm

I love the Crush Denim trend because it so easy to reuse an old pair of jeans and make them trendy by making holes in them! :wink:

15. August 9, 2010 / 3:53 pm

i dont like the sound of the word ‘jeggings’ either.lol. just not right. they’re meant to be fashionable. but ‘jeggings’ doesn’t sound cool^^

ive always loved destroyed denim~~ can’t wait till autumn!! more layers/ more clothes/ more shopping.ha~~ xx

16. August 9, 2010 / 9:52 pm

ooh i’ve been looking for damaged pankinsu, it’s like the best of both worlds! after seeing one of your posts with momoko wearing them i’ve been on the lookout but haven’t been successful :(
    i can’t wait till you do a DIY denim post :heartsmile:

17. Mizuko
    August 10, 2010 / 9:13 pm

ok, so not to say that i’m the beeze kneeze or anything, but…
    I TOTALLY CALLED THE HIGH WAISTED LOOK!!!
    I was wearing almost hte EXACT same outfit as Kumi the other day
    so Yosh :>
    don’t see too many bowler’s yet, but I have my fingers crossed…
    so done with straw atm…
    so excited for fall!!!

18. August 10, 2010 / 11:46 pm

I love high-waisted skirts. I have a few pencil skirts like that but my fave is my blue high-waisted mini-skirt. It’s daring for me lol.

Damaged denim is annoying in the since that Id never buy pre-distressed jeans.

Jeggings :-p are funny to say but seem to look great on everyone. Yay for this trend. They’re even better than skinny jeans in my book.