Trendwatching: gyaru remake & w♥c pop-up store “Fayjancil”

Shinjuku Isetan known for its pop-up stores is hosting w♥c for it’s store called Fayjancil (ファジャンシル). The brand is a remake brand meaning all the pieces will be different. Remake (リメイク) usually means they take an item (or two) from thrift and alter it to make a new item or different style. For example remake is: a scarf becoming a dress, a jean jacket with added embellishment, damaging/studding denim, or cutting tees.

Fajyancil by w❤c details
When: Opening August 11th to August 17th. Only one week :heartsmile:
Location: Shinjuku Isetan Basement level 2
More details: wego w♥c press release (pdf)

The release from the w♥c e-mail I got.

Chinatsu looks so pretty :star:

edit: Pics from Chinatsu’s blog for Fayjancil below :heartsmile:

I love this shot! All of these are inspiring me for a blog redesign :hearts3:

The parka, the shoes, the everything! :cat:

I keep wondering if Fajyancil is scrambled and the name itself is a remake. Any clues? :cheery:

Either way, ladies in Tokyo you better hurry the first day before it’s all sold out :cheery:  I hope she does this again, like in Winter (when I’ll be there) :wink:

w♥c shop staff love remake

Before the shop was opening w♥c shop staff can be seen remaking t-shirts from w♥c in May.

So cute :heartlove:

Not shopstaff, but these ladies decided to do a coordinate for remake tshirt and the apple, banana, pepper onesie. Love this :upheart:

All above pics from the w♥c Shibuya 109 shop blog

MeJane does remakes for Spring

Chinatsu with w♥c isn’t the first gal brand to do remake. All throughout this summer ME JANE has been producing some remake items.

Scarf and Mickey fabric remakes. I like the scarf dress idea a bit casual, a bit glamorous, a bit ethnic :stars:

Egg’s Kanako in her Mickey MeJane remake. Cute :star2:

A MeJane customer in a Mickey remake with shop staff.

My favorite MeJane remake. Scarves on shoes. So cute :loveword:

All images from the MeJane blogs and Kanako’s blog.

Go remake!

I do get sick of the grumping of people who say gal is so expensive. Gal doesn’t have to be expensive! :up: You just need to get a little creative. Thrift store shirts or those in your closet. Get some scissors and see how you can combine two shirts without sewing!

Remake you don’t need sewing skills or money. As long as you have a tee you’re willing to sacrifice you can make it more funky to fit with the crop top popular shirts in gal :up:

I think remake is so fun! I bought two lucky bags for the reason of remaking the items inside. Let’s see what w♥c and Glad News give me :stars:

1. August 4, 2010 / 8:22 am

Ooooo I wish I could see what Chinatsu is selling so I can send someone out to get me it haha :roll:
    That scarf dress is so lovely :upheart:

August 4, 2010 / 4:16 pm

hahahaa I agree, I wanna see! It’s like a present waiting to be unwrapped :roll:

2. August 4, 2010 / 8:52 am

I LOVE THE MICKEY FABRIC REMAKE. O_O Oh man that’s a cute dress and honestly probably the one way I’d wear Mickey-anything. XD;;

I agree that Gal is so DIY-ready! I just bought 3 new pairs of jeans & plan distressing my old pairs instead of getting rid of them~ Also, I have a lot of old shirts that could make for neat crop tops to add a different look to some outfits~

Can’t wait to see some of your remake creations (if you plan on sharing them :3)!

August 4, 2010 / 4:17 pm

Wow distressing jeans? I wanna learn to do that, but I’m so afraid. Good fitting jeans are so hard to find that I worry messing up a pair :oops:

3. August 4, 2010 / 8:54 am

omg. The mejane remake with the little mickeys and pluto. I owned bed sheets with that same print during the 80’s and 90’s<3 LOL I love it, brings me back memories :mrgreen:

Man, I think I'm going to hit up midtown and do a remake this week~Thanks for the post dear!

mejane scarf pumps. LOVE

August 4, 2010 / 4:20 pm

Hope you find some cute thrifts to make over! If you take pics I’d love to see :stepup: Seeing others is so inspiring :upheart:

4. Maki
    August 4, 2010 / 1:31 pm

Ohh I really like your idea of getting lucky bags for the purpose of remakes. I wonder if there are any left that I can grab…hmm. :!: At the very least, I might be able to grab some scarves and tee’s during the summer sales. I’m not super creative myself, but these pictures give some nice, easy ideas :D

August 4, 2010 / 4:21 pm

I have my limitations, too. I can’t sew worth a damn so cutting and distressing is more up my alley. Let me know if you do some remake :heart2:

5. August 4, 2010 / 1:57 pm

That is AWESOME! Remake is like, my favourite thing. I love finding old band tees, etc and cutting them up! I just started doing it again too, so like, how convenient! I love how all the WC staff girls are doing it, it looks so good! I’ll definitely be putting more of that into my daily style :wink:

August 4, 2010 / 5:17 pm

They’re really inspiring me! Very simple remake but still looks great! I love how the company was okay with it, too. Allows for more freedom of expression inside a brand :-D

6. August 4, 2010 / 2:04 pm

ooooooh. i love remaking!!! i cant wait to see your remakes :D

August 4, 2010 / 5:17 pm

LOL I have no skills except for cutting and such so I do not do fabulous, but hell it’s fun to try :-D

7. mana
    August 4, 2010 / 3:12 pm

Question:

By “remake” do you mean altering?

August 4, 2010 / 3:18 pm

Yup! Sorry I just wanted to keep the terminology as close to Japanese as possible so there’s not a disconnect, should I put a note?

• mana
        August 9, 2010 / 11:32 am

Maybe haha I don’t know about everyone else, but I think including the English makes it clearer. When you said “remake” I thought you meant the brand was re-releasing new versions of old designs. haha I managed to guess what you meant though.

8. August 4, 2010 / 3:15 pm

Who the heck thinks gal is expensive? Yes, it’s more expensive than being casual but its alot cheaper than other fashion styles :^_^;;:

Oh! I will have to check out that pop-up W*C shop before it closes (of course it comes along when I’m nearly out of cash…) The name must be an anagram, it sounds too suspicious haha :curiousmo: Argh cutie emlo icon! I wonder if I can be evil and get sneaky shots…

AHH! that very first Mickey fabric remake from Mejane, thats not fabric that is made from old bed sheets! Bed sheets which I had as a child! :heart: My gosh, I would love this just for the nostalgia and comfort (though I know its probably not MY sheets)

The scarf dress is really beautiful I think and quite doable (atleast with some sewing skills) I’m going to try that! And Kanako looks super cute in that remake dress :korila:

August 4, 2010 / 5:20 pm

I agree. The only thing I find expensive about gal is my need to own more clothing than I’ll fit in my closet. -_-

Ooooo I hope you can go and take pictures!! Man I’d love something from there. To think an original but wc sounds amazing :kumatan:

LOL Now that you mention it I do think I had a sleeping bag with the first print on it. LOL Mickey I’ll love however old I get :-D Yes thank you Japan for using childhood characters :heart:

Wow I can’t wait to see! I can’t sew worth a damn, but it seems to be a lovely project :yayblush:

9. August 4, 2010 / 5:01 pm

aww i bought this summer the scarf dress in me jane XD

August 4, 2010 / 5:14 pm

You have fabulous taste!

10. August 4, 2010 / 5:28 pm

My sister loves to remake tees and she’s pretty good at it! She starts cutting, sewing and adding some things and then I paint them. It’s a really funny work team!

11. August 4, 2010 / 7:04 pm

Love this idea :hearts:
    I can’t wait to see what you get in your lucky bags~ I’m sure it’ll be fabulous!

12. August 5, 2010 / 1:33 am

Uhhh the remakes!
    I saw them in Mejane (The scarfone and the one with mickey)..
    My friend was running crazy about them haha :D
    I didn’t like them at all.. and the price.. gosh.. it just hit you in the face!
    REALLY expensive! 21000 yen if I remember right..
    My friend really wanted to buy it but thank god she didn’t because of the price! O_O;

But it’s a good idea I think! ~♥

13. August 5, 2010 / 7:19 am

Wooooaww! Everything looks so good :mrgreen: I want it aaaalllll!!

Kanako’s look is my favorite though, I think. Yes, definitely :oops:

And I agree, those shoes! Wuah!!

14. August 5, 2010 / 7:49 am

ahh i wanna go shopping in tokyo again!

15. Lindsey
    August 5, 2010 / 2:20 pm

Hooray! For the remake! I love doing it with old tees and I’m glad that its catching on with GAL! To the thrift store and my closet! Away!!!

The mickey remakes are soooo cute!

16. Amber
    August 5, 2010 / 4:04 pm

Hey,
    great post as always!!! Thank you!^^
    I just wanted to tell you, nd maybe you could pick it up in one of your posts, there is a great remake magazine with tsubasa calles “DECO remake”.
    It can be found at Tokyo jam’s: http://tokyo-jam.livejournal.com/5446.html
    Have a great day!

17. August 5, 2010 / 8:49 pm

The only thing I get from Fajyancil is Fancy Jail XD but I doubt thats it!

Love the post though. I love the idea of remake, even if its not new. It certainly got me in the mood.

18. August 6, 2010 / 3:31 am

I just love MeJane, and their remakes are awesome too!
    Too bad I’m not good at DIY clothes at all XD
    And the Fajyancil photo’s have a nice ambience~

19. Miki
    August 12, 2010 / 6:54 am

This reminds me of Martin Margiela’s Artisinal where he does a couture collection of remakes (ie comb dress, bag jacket). I remember I had to do an assignment on remakes in style of his works a few months back. Kind of makes me wonder if this was how remakes became common in mass markets. XD

20. August 13, 2010 / 8:10 am

I love the idea of remakes, creativity is something that should be encouraged!