Cecil McBee AW 2010 prt1

I’ve decided to make Cecil McBee for Fall a two part post, mainly because Cecil is huge and I don’t think I’ve discussed the gravity that is Cecil. So cue the Imperial March and let’s dive into the mammoth of Cecil :stepup:

Cecil McBee in 109 Kohrinbo in Kanazawa. The typical Cecil McBee store.

CECIL MCBEE is BIG mmmkay?

Let’s discuss Cecil McBee first before showing you parts of the catalog just to explain the brand.

First of all, it is constantly the highest selling brand within 109. It occupies some of the biggest space within 109 (floor 2). It has 8 stores within the Tokyo area. It has the most stores of all gal brands. If there is a Godzilla of Gal, it’s Cecil McBee.

Cecil McBee in Namba, Osaka. There’s an elevator inside the store. It’s massive.

CECIL McBEE Variety

Within Cecil McBee stores there is an extreme variety of styles.

On one side there are party dresses and items for OL girls on a date. Items that are very Aisare and feature in CanCam. Then, there are items that are very trend. If berets are in style then expect 10 different examples of berets in store. Finally, at the end of the spectrum are pieces that could easily be found in DIA: open backs, sparkle buckles, sexy hotpants, etc…

Also, Cecil McBee has a large selection of bags and accessories. Watches, cellphone charms, necklaces, rings, wallets, candles.

There is no “Cecil Style” instead there is something for everyone. Cecil McBee’s price point is also extremely competitive. Dresses for $60.00 and under. Coats for $75.00. Within the gal price range, and Japanese clothing prices in general, these are good prices.

CECIL McBEE Sister Stores

Cecil McBee has also branched out into two others stores: Fabulous by Cecil McBee and Cecil Linc.

:stars: Cecil Linc is more of a style brand concentrating on natural sweet style. It’s an extremely girly brand and featured in Ray, CanCam and JJ. Hime gals may be interested in this brand.

:stars: Fabulous by Cecil McBee is more of a Mote-kei brand featured in mags like Pinky, Ray, Can Cam and JJ as well. It’s a bit of a girly date brand for OL ladies. Gals may like this brand for being adult without being Mode or Celeb.

Catalog & Mook

CECIL MCBEE details:
katakana: セシルマクビー
style: adult, trend
website: http://www.cecilmcbee.jp/
webstore: http://gw.tv/fw/cecil/
number of stores: 31 + 1 outlet
since: 1996
this season’s concept: None stated
what it’s really this season: Trend Mix
model: Several for the mook. Cover model is 39 year old Risa Hirako.

Cecil McBee has put out a mook. If like previous Cecil McBee mooks then it’s available at local convenience stores along with bookstores. This is a move only done by the most popular brands in Japan.

I’ve reported about previous Cecil McBee Winter and Autumn mooks here and here.

Absolutely hot cover! Risa Hirako is such a beauty. (amazon.jp link)

Damn it must be hard looking that gorgeous, glad I don’t have those kinda worries :wink:

Catalog Shots

I really like the haade pants that they’re doing this season and their use of white and red. That long jean skirt frightens me, but the toggle closures on the coats are quite cute. It echos a lot of what Cecil McBee is, some sweet some spicy some ultra gal and some more OL pieces.

While I don’t think all pieces will delight everyone, and this is not the whole catalog of Cecil’s Fall line, there is something for everyone.

Cecil McBee’s shoe line

Like many popular brands (SLY, Lip Service, Moussy, Gilfy, Glad News, Spiral Girl and others) Cecil McBee has a shoe line that is showing off tons of different shoe trends within gal.

gyaru shoe trends shown: fur, white, red, mannish, sheepskin, wedge, plastic see-through heel, napoleon, open toe

I’m so happy they didn’t use much open toe in their shoe styles :thumb: My poor feet thank you! Personal faves are the weathered buckle brown hair and the red napoleon boots. Sadly my experience has been that Cecil McBee shoes and me just don’t work out. Even those that look comfortable are somehow painful on my feet :^_^;;:

I’ll be posting lots of Cecil McBee shop staff photos tomorrow to give a better impression on the catalog, but I just had too much visual info for one post :heart2:

1. Natalie
    September 4, 2010 / 6:27 pm

Oh i really like the look of those catalog shots! I love all the military style coats and that black waistcoat!! ^^ I also have to admit i love those see through rose heels! Haha i don’t know where i’d ever where them but they’re so cool!!

I never heard of this brand before so i’m looking forward to more info! ^-^

September 5, 2010 / 4:15 pm

Glad you’re enjoying it and got some brand exposure :heartsmile:

2. September 4, 2010 / 7:01 pm

wow. this post is why i love doll! so much insight and knowledge about everything gal!….

loved this post!!!

September 5, 2010 / 4:16 pm

Awwwh thank you for the kind words, happy to provide :stars:

3. September 4, 2010 / 7:20 pm

I love everything except for the Nordic prints.

It’s the leopard that caught my attention.

September 5, 2010 / 4:32 pm

It’s a nice use of leopard without being overbearing :korila:

4. September 4, 2010 / 7:48 pm

Hi hi Mitsu, I’ve been a huge fan of UD for a while now! Cecil has always reminded me of a more stylish F21, so glad they have a lot of fun fur trends & long coats! I’ll have to find a way to order the chunky knit with fur hood somewhere.. :worry:

Thanks a lot for making such a comprehensive guide to gal for us Westerners! :wink:

xx Nana :korila:

September 8, 2010 / 11:08 pm

Thank you for such kind words!

I agree the chunky knit really gets to me as well. Looks so comfy and casual yet chic :heartshake:

5. September 4, 2010 / 8:23 pm

I’ve never cared much for Cecil McBee but they do have an amazing range of style and clothes to chose from. Their styling is quite amazing too. I wouldn’t wear most of those clothes if I’d see them in store but the styling made them look a lot more interesting. Even that weird white one piece with the jeans coat looks pretty cute. Or maybe it’s just the model… :love:
    From some odd reason, I like the first boots quite a lot. :oops:
    But my favorite are definitely the red napoleon boots. :mrgreen:

September 8, 2010 / 11:09 pm

Yeah it’s sometimes hard to pick through Cecil. It’s weird in some 109 brands there’s the issue of not enough choice but in Cecil it’s too much choice and possibly not enough editing.

Those boots are cuties :stars:

6. September 4, 2010 / 8:40 pm

I love this catalogue, as my tweets have been saying lately haha
    I think I want about 90% of their A/W collection :up:
    It helped a little that the free bag was also very cute XD

I like the military-esque boots and I’ve seen them in a few stores but I think Cecil is the only one who are doing them in a decent shade of red.
    Not impressed with the boots that look as though someone has glued gems onto them though. I saw some in in Charmant that had multicoloured ones too. Sorry, not my thing.

September 8, 2010 / 11:10 pm

Yes those chunky crystals go in my “what were they thinking box” urgh a bit too 80s for me.

I’m so envious you got the catalog in your hand! It’s one of my favorite mooks they put out. I must peruse yours :butterfly:

• September 11, 2010 / 6:40 pm

Haha glad someone else thought so too XD

Yeah sure, I’ve flicked through mine enough. It’s time to pass on the love XD

7. September 4, 2010 / 8:46 pm

Is it just me or those purple fur boots are THE SAME as the Ma*rs new ones? :panda: Hahaha, oh anyway! :rila:
    I loved Cecil Linc, I saw once Himena Osaki wearing a top from there on Ageha, but I didn’t get curious, the products are so cute! :stepup:
    They sort of remind me the old Tralala, when they were more cute than…sweet? And I agree with you about ‘closed-toe’ shoes. :hearts2:

September 8, 2010 / 11:12 pm

What a great comparison! My problem with tra/liz/lizdoll is that they have so pigeon holed themselves that there is little room for creativity. Sure they still make cute clothes, but not enough variety. -_-

Osaki needs to update more, I love seeing her coordinates :stars:

8. September 4, 2010 / 8:57 pm

Cecil McBee is like, totally what I’m going for this A/W! It’s really great. I love all the shoes especially. :hearts: The catalog shots are so gorgeous, and I really love everything. EXCEPT for that long denim skirt :-S

Can’t wait to see the staff photos :smiley:

September 8, 2010 / 11:13 pm

hahahaha I was the same way. It was like “yeah yeah mmhmm feeling it, yeah yeah that’s cute, and then WTFBBQ” that long denim skirt just screams state fair and poodle mullet for me. No doubt a strong girl could rock it, but urgh not my thing :-S

• September 19, 2010 / 9:17 pm

Ugh, literally the day after I read this post, my mom wore a skirt that looks EXACTLY like that and I was just like GAHHHHH. :?:

September 19, 2010 / 9:22 pm

Lol it is a bit of a “mom” skirt >_<;

9. navjeet
    September 4, 2010 / 9:27 pm

yes, I agree with youi, I really love those red napoleon shoes…*.*

and, all their coats are pretty stylish…but, but, please…not the nordic poncho! lol

September 8, 2010 / 11:14 pm

hahaha sadly that poncho will keep repeating itself this winter :oops:

10. Maki
    September 4, 2010 / 9:41 pm

Cecil is one of my top favorites for this fall. There are certainly some “whoa no thanks” pieces, but there is plenty of great stuff to make up for it! :stepup: I already bought one of their cardigans, and I’m looking forward to more items showing up in their webstore. Do you know if there are webstores for the other sister brands you mentioned? I’d love to check out their stuff :)

11. anonymouse
    September 4, 2010 / 9:50 pm

Ahh, I love Cecil McBee for no other reason than its eternal presence in the world of gal. It was the first brand I ever knew of. :0 I feel so infused with knowledge after having read this.

I don’t think I’d personally wear any of this, but those catalog shots are excellent, and I love that the model doesn’t have stick-thighs…!

September 8, 2010 / 11:18 pm

I agree it’s hard to divorce gal from Cecil. It’s so amazing it’s been thriving for so long and keeps gals coming back :loveword:

12. September 4, 2010 / 9:55 pm

WOW!
    To be honest, I’ve never actually cared for cecil mcbee. I’ve never even checked it out, just because most people carrying around a cecil mcbee bag is OL’s, so I’ve just thought it was a brand for older, OL-kinda girls to get a bit flashier clothes, and be part of 109, for that “nostalgic feeling” from when they were young and manba, haha.
    Also I thought they were really expensive.. :worry:

But really, dude, THANKS. This posts makes me wanna run there NOW and just fill my wardrobe!
    I’m really looking forward to next part! :happydance:

(I seriously need to go to sunkus and see if they’ve gotten it yet :-D )

September 8, 2010 / 11:19 pm

hahahaha it’s amazing through you may seem some OL lovers, but the staff is very gal. It’s shocking how across Japan they are super gal. I love seeing it. I hope you enjoy the catalog if you get it :happydance:

13. September 4, 2010 / 10:08 pm

I love Cecil McBee because they have something for everyone. Such a diverse amount of style in one store and great prices, so it is little wonder they are popular. However, I saw that long jean skirt in-store and literally said out loud, EW what is this?! It had a nice, high cut on the side but no matter how I looked at it…frumpy.

That model is 39?! Heart be still, she looks FABULOUS! I know photoshop, makeup, etc are involved but goodness, I feel like I don`t even look that good at MY age haha. I hope I can be as lucky as her at 39!! It is nice to see someone at that age in the pieces, even though I know Cecil McBee is pretty well known for having ladies of all ages wear their clothes (which is really great, when you think about it).

Still I keep trotting into their store this season and coming out with nothing. That saddens me! :( I don`t know if it is the low quality I keep encountering (hard to make suede/sheep skin/knits look good when cheap–though some places do fine…they definitely are not when it comes to those materials), all the nordic prints that I am not interested in, or the fact that I would probably never buy their shoes. Maybe when Spring hits~

14. Jenny
    September 4, 2010 / 11:17 pm

Haha! The whole time I read this post, I heard the Imperial March in my head! :mrgreen:

15. kiki-sama
    September 5, 2010 / 1:45 am

Wow I really would do anythign to look like the model at the age of 39 :icon_eek:
    I like cecil mcbee because it has so much stuff you will always find an item that suits you taste and especially for somebody like me who likes to change style once in a while it’s nice to know that cecil will always have something to buy. I do like the catalog in general exept for the long jean skirt that just freaked me out :-S
    I mean unless you have a really powerfull coordination with it I have a feeling it would lok quiet bad…

16. September 5, 2010 / 1:52 am

Haha~ this post came at an ironically perfect time! :wink:
    I had heard of Cecil McBee before but I was never really attracted to it until I went there myself this summer!

I love the variety Cecil McBee has~ Anyone can shop there.
    I cracked up when my boyfriend told me his 50 year old mother shops there, but hey! If they’ve got a hot 39-year-old cover girl, why not?? :smiley:

Thanks so much for posting all this! You come up with the best stuff to post about :stepup:

I hope you don’t mind, but I linked to this post in my latest entry :yayblush:

17. September 5, 2010 / 3:55 am

Lovely!
    I like it a lot :3

I see some super cute stuff ^^ and I’m sick of the open toe trend too ~.~ I like it a lot.. but if you need shoes without an open toe you can search foreeeeeeeverr :(

& I have the same hair color as the girl on the cover haha 8D

18. September 5, 2010 / 6:27 am

Arrrh so much lovleyness those shoes OMG are lush, totally need to go on a spending spree ASAP xoxo

19. September 5, 2010 / 6:41 am

Thanks for the post!
    Cecil is one of my fav brands. I like the clothing very much, my fav are the sheepskin stuff and white fur boots~
    Didn’t know that there are so many shops in Japan :heart:

20. September 5, 2010 / 8:38 am

Random, but Risa Hirako is 39?! Wow…. Gotta give her a major handclap :hands:
    It’s not hard for me to believe that Cecil is such a giant since I feel like it’s the one brand I’ve noticed transcend through all types of gal mags~ every single one features at least a couple Cecil McBee items/codes, haha!
    So many winners here though~ I want those mokomoko shorts overalls, haha :heart: I think the only thing I truly hate is that long jean/Nordic skirt :x
    Can’t wait for the shop staff photos! :hearts:

21. September 5, 2010 / 9:29 am

Hello Mitsu, I’m new to your blog, I love it :)!! keep up the great work :)

22. Christiane
    September 5, 2010 / 1:18 pm

This is like.. my second time leaving a comment. I’m sorry! :( I have been following you for a while though, hihi. Thank you so much for this blog, I LOVE IT! :wink:
    About this post;
    There’s a couple of clothing’s that frightened me a little, but overall I think it’s all pretty nice~ I really love the brown buckle-thingie shoes and those red once. :korila: :!: Never been much of a “white-fury-legs” fan though, or fur-shoes in general.

I think that it’s super cool how the cover girl.. or woman, is Risa Hirako. Yay! :up: But seriously how can you look that good when you’re 40?!

I am really looking forward to the next part :)

//Oh, I wanna go back to Japan.. geez :cry:

23. September 5, 2010 / 2:48 pm

I really like the fluffy dungeree’s I’d just want them to lounge around in! They seem super comfy

and the diamond boots, omggg and the purple boots. Yess please :stepup:

24. September 5, 2010 / 3:33 pm

It seems to me that Cecil McBee always seem to reflect a bit of chanel in their clothes (the tweed boots, tweed jackets, chain quilted 2.55-esque bags and tons of chanel-inspired accessories)

They seem to appeal to so many different genres of gal and the pieces seems really versatile, I’m not surprised that they are the best selling 109 brand, especially they have been around since forever (enough to build up a huge fan base!)

25. September 5, 2010 / 7:21 pm

It’s easy to see why Cecil McBee is one of the most popular brands in 109. All there clothes are so fabulous! I’m now more intrigued to get a leopard printed fur jacket like the one in the catalog shot.

26. September 6, 2010 / 10:05 am

I like that whole outfit with the red leggings and rolling stones shirt, but many of their items are lovely. I really like how they offer a variety of styles at Cecil McBee.

27. September 6, 2010 / 11:34 am

The leopard leggings are very me and very wearable, but when there I couldn’t fathom so much fur, shearling jackets, big arctic jumpers etc when it was 36 degrees celsius outside!! Madness! Yet girls in 109 were already wearing autumn fashion…

28. September 7, 2010 / 12:53 am

love it. especially the jackets!!

i was just in there the other day cuz i was looking for a pair of blood red booties that i’d seen in Egg… but they were not there…. :rain: they’re not on your pics either. they are HOT though. but i will agree with you…. those shoes look painful…..

29. Maria
    September 13, 2010 / 2:01 pm

I love the 4th and 6th catalog look, I fell in love with those two. I’m very clumsy and not used to wearing heels but I’ll learn if I get those brown buckle boots. :hearts:

30. a.n
    November 16, 2010 / 1:45 pm

there website is in english but how do i order it online?