Daily Mitsu – Sept 10 edition (new hair!)

Ever listen to one of those songs that starts dreadfully slow and you get bored but then it speeds up until it’s absolute madness? Well that song was my life for the last 2 weeks. :cry: So much stress!

Between my laptop breaking 4 days before I flew out, to jillions of appointments, to dealing with my family before I left. Urgh madness!

I’m in Tokyo now! Unsure if they’ve installed internet in my new place (it’s being readied), so hopefully I can still talk to you guys. If not I’ll be on in a week :loveword:

My favorite nails of all time people, of all time! (handclap yourself if you thought Kanye)

Done by Vicki (at Nail Mogul)

Gonna miss my Vicki. She turned into a friend and we chatted about so much inappropriate stuff it was great. :hearts2: :upheart:

Houston TEXANS represent :stepup:

Nails themselves done in lame glitter. Turquoise ones are FOR AUDREY in China Glaze with either a lame glitter on top of them, or Swarovski crystals in “Mint Alabaster”

The crystal ones are done by just lame acrylics and “Crystal AB” Swarovski crystals.

Up close sparkle :stars:

Outfits

Dressed up for dinner for my man’s birthday :loveword:

Top: Mars
Skirt: OneSpo
Shoes: Esperanza
Bag: Chanel

I do think that angle makes me look waist-chubby but oh well. I was comfortable and it was an outfit to run errands in. :worries:

Hat: Urban Outfitters
Shirt: OneSpo
Shorts: Zara
Shoes: Gilfy

Outfit for getting my hair dyed.

Hat: OneSpo
Jacket: Backs
Top: Gilfy
Shorts: Zara
Shoes: Esperanza

Don’t adjust your screens, my new ORANGE hair.

I trusted my hair dresser on it and gahhh I love it. Must take a proper pic of it soon :worry:

In front of the Fabulous Felines collection sign at MAC. I usually don’t take pics like that but the kitten reminded me of my Luna :upheart:

For some reason I always go to MAC in no make-up and then buy tons and drag queen lashes. :worries:

Hat: Spiral Girl
Scarf: Zara
Dress: American Apparrel
Shorts: (not shown) Zara
Shoes: Flag-J
Bag: Louis Vuitton Popincort

Outfit to get my hair cut & facial. Face blocked out cus my skin was looking a bit stressed post facial. :worries:

Blouse dress: Urban Outfitters
Garter tights: Mars
Shoes: Jesus Diamante

Pics from the Month

The man and I went to see the Houston Texans season opener (American football).

I love football! I’m doing the picks for my man’s work fantasy team and winning :up:

Great game and soooo fun to go to. American life :loveword:

My pesky Coco sleeping on my lap :upheart:

Long cat is long :heartshake:

I think profile shots of cats are so amazing. I just love her litten lion nose and giant ears :happydance:

The prerequisite I’m gunna get you picture :hearts3:

Monthly Mitsu being Weekly Mitsu… opinions?

Since I will be in Tokyo going to school and always out and about I have more times to dress-up. So I thought about going weekly. But I don’t know if you girls care about seeing my coordinates that often. It’s okay if you’d rather see me blog about other things. That won’t hurt my feelings at all :up:

But, well I wonder about the backlash. I’m just like any other girl, when someone says something mean to me of course it’s hurtful. I really don’t care for the negativity on-line and the verbal vomit some people have when not keeping a negative opinion to themselves. I guess I’ll try it out and see how it goes :worry:

Maybe bi-weekly :worry:

1. October 1, 2010 / 5:23 pm

Looooooooove the new nails!!! So cute! I really love the colour :)

Also the orange hair is gorgeous! It suits you very nicely :)

I love the coord for your mans birthday! And the coord for getting your hair dyed. I really love the top!!

I hope you’re having a good time in Tokyo!! And I think weekly Mitsu would be awesome :O

October 2, 2010 / 4:55 pm

Thank you as always for your kind words, they really motivate me! :hearts2:

• October 6, 2010 / 10:09 pm

Your very much welcome :yayforyay: I should thank you to, because your posts motivate me! :stepup:

2. October 1, 2010 / 5:33 pm

The nails, the hair, the FABULOUS!! :hands:
    Mitsu, you are amazing bb~ I hope some of the stress lets up now that you’re in Nihonland & I would personally LOVE to see weekly code posts if you’re up to it! :heart:
    Someone once said~ ‘If you don’t have at least a few haters, you’re not doing something right’ :saychu:

October 2, 2010 / 4:56 pm

Awwwh thank you girly! :loveword:

Probably in a week I’ll be tons less stressed. Maybe my skin will be my friend again then :yayforyay:

3. October 1, 2010 / 5:39 pm

those nails look like candy~~ the colours are so pretty :heart:

AND YOUR HAIR :!: haha it ‘s so fun, you can pull the most unique colours off~ :loveword: i think i’d look washed out or weird in orange

maybe bi-weekly is the best~ maybe it depends upon how often you update about other things? thought i don’t blame you for being cautious :worry:

October 2, 2010 / 5:16 pm

Please girl you’re a natural blonde, that’s more fun than only being able to go red->pink. I look worse in blondes D: and horrible in actual red colors, so you get win on a lot of things :hearts3::hearts3:

Although I get jealous of the true blondes hehehe always liking what you can’t have huh :busy:

4. October 1, 2010 / 6:22 pm

Yay welcome to Japan..!!
    The orange hair color is adorable! Reminds me of Leeloo but thats the sci-fi geek in me, sorry..!!(/ー\)キャッ
    Your nails are great too! Love the colors~
    I wouldn’t mind seeing a weekly Mitsu, coords are always fun to look at~( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

October 2, 2010 / 5:19 pm

Happy to be back :heartshake:

I love love love love the Fifth Element!! I admit she was a bit of an inspiration. Although me vs. Mila. Mila wins hands down. She also looks best in bandages hehehhe :-D

5. kari
    October 1, 2010 / 7:53 pm

i really like your monthly mitsu posts so i would definitely have no complaints to see them go weekly! plus if it’s in japan it’s always more interesting haha… i wish you weren’t hiding your face in your new hair pics cuz we can’t see the cut too well! i recently got some orange highlights too but they faded super-quick so i was really sad. i hope the color stays nice for you!

October 2, 2010 / 4:57 pm

hahaha well my haircut is nothing special. Just shorter bangs and a trim. I’m still concentrating on growing my hair out, so I’ve told myself to do nothing until then with the cut :heartshake:

6. October 1, 2010 / 7:55 pm

Wow! :love:
    Makeup is gorgeous and (I never thought I would say that actually) your hair are awesome in orange! I’m totally jealous that you can pull off such a color! :cry:
    I would love seeing weekly Mitsu! :)

October 2, 2010 / 5:20 pm

Thank you so much for thinking so! I’m really happy with how the color turned out :bow:

7. October 1, 2010 / 8:16 pm

I truely love your turquoise nails, the color ist just perfect! :heartshake:

October 2, 2010 / 5:21 pm

8. October 1, 2010 / 8:43 pm

Everything about this post is fa-bu-lous :wink:
    I love the nails and your new hair is amazing – so jealous!!

I especially love the oversized blouse and scarf combo….I wanted to buy one the other day but I’ve convinced myself that I’ll look fat thanks to my chest :x

9. October 1, 2010 / 9:19 pm

weekly mitsu, YES!!! i love your coordinates, they’re not just gyaru trending but mixed with your own personal style which i quite like. and they’re very fun. :cat: i also love seeing your nails, they’re heaps amazing.
    but if you’re a bit cautious about internet bitchings, that’s understandable. bi-weekly would be awesome too :)

i love that denim shirt + LV bag outfit, btw, it’s sooo cute! your orange hair looks great. :heart:
    and i really wanna try how you’ve done the garters/shirt-dress combo, it’s very interesting :-D

10. October 1, 2010 / 9:55 pm

omg are you joking i LOVE your coords ! !!

i especially love the one w/ the shirt dress…I’m gunna have to go to am appy and buy one…<3

11. October 1, 2010 / 10:08 pm

Your nails are amazing! Your so lucky to have found such an amazing artist! I personally love seeing your outfits and every day things, but if you feel self-conscious about it then you could always consider just posting them on Twitter (of course I get to see them there too!)

12. October 1, 2010 / 10:58 pm

I’m loving your nails and the third outfit picture! Gorgeous! :hearts:

13. October 1, 2010 / 11:37 pm

First time commenter, but I’ve been silently reading your blog for about a month and following your twitter for the past couple days, so I figured I’d finally comment!

I LOVE coordinate posts. Frankly, they’re my FAVORITE part of gal-style blogs. I love seeing other non-asians workin’ it because it gives me confidence to do it. I’d love to see more from you!

Here’s a random question: I’ve been trying to decide if I wanna go two-toned, but I’m worried about getting a job. Did you find it hard? Did your previous employer, if you had one, mind much?

Keep making lovely posts!
    Thanks,
    Stacy

October 2, 2010 / 4:59 pm

Fulltime student so no info on employer or not. I think it’s best to ask. Not fun getting fired for something silly like hair -_-

• October 2, 2010 / 9:36 pm

Thanks for the reply :]

Yeah, that’s why I’ve been kinda iffy about it. I’m going to be enrolling in college in Japan next summer, but untillll then I need to have a job, so maybe I’ll just wait, hah.

Did you get many stares for the two-toned hair? I thought it looked really good on you, but I also love the orange hair!

14. October 1, 2010 / 11:43 pm

I love your coordinates and would love to see them weekly or biweekly~ They’re so cute and inspiring! The new hair color looks great on you also!! :D Hope your weekend gets a lot better!

15. October 2, 2010 / 12:05 am

o__o! You live in Tokyo now? That’s amazing! Are you going for studying abroad, grad, or undergrad? What’s your major? It’s inspiring that you get to live there now cause I’ve been wanting to study abroad since high school x; Is your man with you in Tokyo too? & is that your real eye color in the second coordinate post? Cause its pretty :3

October 2, 2010 / 5:00 pm

WHOA! Way toooo many personal questions at once. So scary :oops:

I have lived in Tokyo for half of the year since 2007. I’m a polisci graduate language school now. Nope man isn’t coming, he’s got to make the big bucks back in the US.

16. October 2, 2010 / 12:35 am

Loving the Wei Son hair! Codes are fab as always. I thiiiiiink my favourite is your bf’s birthday outfit, but it’s hard to choose. As for outfit posts, just do them whenever you feel like it. Don’t put any pressure on yourself!

17. kiki-sama
    October 2, 2010 / 1:10 am

Please do a weekly post about your coordinates! :happydance: it’s always so nice to see them and I especially loved the coordi of the mac picture :hearts2:
    C’ant wait to see some more eyecandy from your stay in Japan :up:

18. October 2, 2010 / 1:17 am

The new nails were fabulous! And I think your new hair is cool and suits you well~ ^^
    And please do weekly Mitsu! I love seeing you coordinates! :D

19. October 2, 2010 / 1:30 am

Your nails are gorgeous! They must be expensive. :korila:

In anycase Coco is soooo adorable. Such an adorable cat. :cat:

20. October 2, 2010 / 1:52 am

WOOOW!
    love the nails :D

21. chuu
    October 2, 2010 / 2:25 am

Def weekly! Looove seeing your coordis, you are such an inspiration for me :) Keep up the great work!

22. October 2, 2010 / 3:07 am

I love that outfit with the LV bag~! and your nails are amazing!

go weekly! :D

23. October 2, 2010 / 3:24 am

I think my fav posts from you are the coordinate ones, so getting them weekly would be fantastic! :hearts2:
    And aww :heartshake: your cat is one of the custest things on earth! Makes me want to keep one!

24. October 2, 2010 / 5:56 am

you look gorgoeus! :love: all your coords are really nice and I love your new haircolour, it’s fabulous! makes me want to run and dye my hair right away. :mrgreen:
    and I vote for weekly mitsu :heart2:

25. October 2, 2010 / 6:28 am

Love love love this post so much!
    You look absolutely amazing in orange hair, and the outfits are so fab!

Weekly Mitsu sounds awesome, it would be so fun to see more of you and your coordinates! You totally get my vote on weekly Mitsu! <3

26. October 2, 2010 / 8:02 am

Great pics LOVE your outfits and your new hair is EPIC the orange is awesome xoxo

27. October 2, 2010 / 8:09 am

your new hair is amazing!!! the outfit you wore with the long blue button up scart hat is also *LOVE*
    (^w^)/
    i would be so excited to see a weekly mitsu! yes please~! :heart:

28. October 2, 2010 / 8:27 am

Welcome back! It’s getting cold here, though :(

Like everyone else(it seems, haha :D) I’d love to see daily mitsu go weekly!
    I love looking at other peoples coordinates, and frankly, you’re awesome.
    Sure, all the coords might not be my cup of tea or something I’d personally wear, but it’s still really fun to watch, and like another person mentioned, a great inspiration to see other non-asians do the style, and do it great.

You always look fab! :)

29. Maki
    October 2, 2010 / 11:17 am

Good luck with everything in Tokyo!

I say the more coordinate posts, the better! I love looking at other people’s outfits and getting ideas. But I want posts about other things too! I am a greedy reader. :love: But I can understand the fear of backlash as well, so whatever you decide to do I’m sure we’ll all enjoy reading regardless :music:

30. October 2, 2010 / 12:45 pm

I would like to see more of Mitsu, doesn’t matter how often, but go with your feelings. You might find that it invigorates you or that it is too much work, best to try it out and see how it goes on a trial basis.

In any case, I love the coord for your man’s birthday, plus your hair looked really good.

31. October 2, 2010 / 6:07 pm

Omg, your nails are absolutely gorgeous. Love your coords. and that kitty is just too cute :cat:

32. Cassandra
    October 2, 2010 / 6:18 pm

weekly mitsu would be totally awsome……!!!!
    the nails are soo georgous and all the outfits are amazinq……
    the orange hair is so cute LmaO

33. October 2, 2010 / 7:37 pm

Wooowwwwwww !! I love all of your outfits !!

34. Ashley
    October 2, 2010 / 7:38 pm

What are u studying at ur school in tokyo?I was thinking about spending a year in japan while in college.

35. October 2, 2010 / 9:33 pm

Cute coordinates as usual! They all look so comfy too! I really like the Gilfy blouse and the Urban Outfitters hat is just too adorable. ^ ^ And I love how you manage to pull off the craziest hair colors! The orange is so cool~ I hope we get to see more of it in the future. Oh, and I think weekly coordinate posts would be great! After all, you *do* inspire so many of us, so more coordinate snaps are good. ^o^v

36. October 2, 2010 / 11:08 pm

weekly mitsu would be AWESOME. I’m not a gal myself but I think it’s quite cute when done properly and with confidence ^^. You and Sara Mari are my favourite western gals – you guys are so postive and full of knowledge and really do try out all styles and are never afraid of the new!! :hands: :hands:

The nails look fab though I personally like a more rounded-square shape kekeke. I clicked on the link to nail mogul and there are quite a few shots of your nails in the photo gallery I believe! (is it creepy I can recognize your hands/nails?? :worry: ) Hope you’re having a crazy good time in Tokyo~~~

37. October 3, 2010 / 1:00 am

I love your nails, your orange hair and your absolutely adorable kitten! I would like weekly updates, is always fun when the blogs you follow update more frequently, and I really enjoy seeing your coords :)

38. October 3, 2010 / 2:14 am

LOVE the orange hair – so bold! Love the turquoise nails too (tho my personal preference is for square) Can’t wait for more posts from Japan!

39. October 3, 2010 / 4:16 am

I am definitely for weekly Mitsu!
    The hair and the nails look great.

40. October 3, 2010 / 10:49 am

Yes yes yes, weekly would be fantastic! You’re always on point, why wouldn’t people wanna see more :yayblush:

41. October 3, 2010 / 10:50 am

I’ve always been visiting your blog on a regular basis to get more fashion inspiration for myself (I don’t really dress up much >.<" I'm a bit shy of showing off myself in public so I usually go for t-shirts, pants and sneakers combo).
    Do you have any advice to give on overcoming shyness and just accepting myself? I've been trying to but I keep thinking people's eyes are on me and I get something like a stage fright ;_; :cry:

Anyways I've always loved your mitsus <3 and yes weekly mitsu would be great :D! I love your orange hair; its not a shade that we usually see daily so its pretty special in my opinion :cat:

Love your nails by the way, looks so awesome :hearts3: :!:

42. Maria
    October 3, 2010 / 1:12 pm

I love your nails and your orange hair! I also love the idea of weekly or bi-weekly mitsu.

I can’t wait to look forward to the coordinates!!

I went to the game as well~ It was so much fun, except walking in heels down the flight of stairs. :rushed:

43. Irebun
    October 3, 2010 / 4:57 pm

You’re in Japan now~? (wow I didn’t even know. > w < *oblivious*) :worry:

my gosh~! your makeup looks so good. :superhappy:
    What lenses are you wearing in the first close up pic~?:hearts2:

love the new hair~!
    and srsly your outfits are flawless~~ :korila: ; u ;
    (I especially like the MAC outfit~)

p.s. I would pee myself if you did weekly mitsu instead of monthly~!! XD

44. October 3, 2010 / 5:08 pm

I love the coordinates you did for running errands and the one in front of MAC. You make looking cute look so easy haha! :^_^;;:
    Also your orange hair is making me jealous. I love being blonde but orange is beautiful right now. :hearts:
    If you did coordinates every week (or even every other week) it would be great! I love everything you blog about but your outfits are always inspiring. :mrgreen:

45. October 3, 2010 / 7:38 pm

Did you do something different with your eye make-up on the 3rd co-ordinate picture? Your eyes look amazingly good (well, they always do but that’s much more) !! That outfit is my favorite too!

Can’t wait to see pics of your new hair! Looks fab!!

46. Kitty
    October 4, 2010 / 6:09 am

OMGOSH YOUR NAILS. I am so jealous of you gals, you always have such pretty nails that wouldn’t last me a day!! Plus me and long nails do not get on haha!!

I love your looks, and I think you should do a weekly Mitsu!! I love your Mitsu’s posts!! You kitty is so super cute!! Looks great for cuddles!!

Kitty x

47. October 4, 2010 / 2:57 pm

first-time commenter, long-time reader here :waves: — first off, you look *stunning* with your striking new hair color! i think it works something fabulous with the present cut especially. :up: also, i would, for one, be very excited about a weekly mitsu feature; though not gal myself, i love the style and i especially respect yours because it’s always simply ~fantastic~ — beyond the confines of any labels/particular style. you just know how to dress, girl~! in that way your coordi’s are pure inspiration, even for non-gals. :music:

48. Mana
    October 4, 2010 / 3:33 pm

Great hair. Reminds me of the girl in the Fifth Element :)

49. October 6, 2010 / 1:46 pm

Ahhh I was just about to get my hair tinted orange too! :D
    I wonder what color(s) your stylist used? It came out great!!! :D

50. October 6, 2010 / 8:49 pm

I think these nails are simply to put it in one word, stunning! :hearts:

I really enjoy seeing your cordinates, bring on the more frequent posts I say! :smiley:

51. Lulu
    October 9, 2010 / 12:08 pm

Giiiiiiiirl, those nails and your new hair is amazing! *0* You rock it!
    Also, I would totally be excited to see more of your coordinates~ <3 Please go weekly!

52. October 11, 2010 / 9:10 am

wow your hair!! so cool~~ i wish i had the guts to do a vibrant dye.
    love your nails~~ and coco so cute~~ xx