Kumicky & Gal Brand cellphone tie-ins

Today crossing Shibuya scramble crossing I look across and see a familar face.

Do you see a familiar face doing her signature pose?
There she is! What’s she advertising? That’s what this post is all about.

Fujitsu Style Series F-04C

official site: http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/product/foma/style/

english press release: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/news/pr/archives/month/2011/20110113-01.html

japanese press release: http://pr.fujitsu.com/jp/news/2011/01/13.html

Fujitsu has decided to make a series of 109 brand-based cellphones with original style. The cellphones will be marketed by DOCOMO.

Brands featured: Cecil McBee, Pinky Girls and Cocolulu

The F-04C mobile phone models have been designed in collaboration with three fashion brands: CECIL McBEE, Pinky Girls, and COCOLULU from Tokyo’s “SHIBUYA109” department store building, which is enormously popular among teenage girls. Each brand’s mobile phone handset features a completely original design, ranging from the phone’s color scheme and keypad to its exterior design and detailing. The mobile phone is also loaded with a variety of exclusive content, including Kisekae Tools and Deco-mail pictograms.

Each mobile phone model comes in its own unique package exclusive to the style of each respective fashion brand, and includes an original limited-release shopping bag and a stylus for writing on the phone’s screen.

-from Asahi news

Detail of the slide-style phone slid and unslid and the pretty leopard outer.

The back of each phone from left to right: Cecil McBee, Pinky Girls and Cocolulu

Fujitsu cellphone with blogging gal features!

The F-04C is equipped with a 1.3 megapixel interior camera located on the front of the handset allowing users to take clear self-portraits, as well as a feature that allows users to decorate photographs using the attached stylus. Finished pictures can easily be designated as the mobile phone’s wallpaper, forwarded via e-mail, or uploaded to a personal blog.

The 5.1 megapixel exterior camera is equipped with convenient photography support features that come close to those found in digital cameras, such as “Search Me Focus” (face recognition), “Smile Finder” and automatic scene recognition.

The mobile phone’s slide-screen configuration,which has gained immense popularity among teenage girls, is further enhanced by the Kuru-kuru (swivel) Key that makes selecting pictographs and scrolling through pages effortless. A compact mirror has also been incorporated into the exterior of the slide screen.

– again from Asashi news

Fujitsu has definitely paid attention to its personal bloggers. Like many gals, Morimayu (tutuHa’s charisma shop staff) loves to stylus to decorate her pictures on her blog. Also the digital camera add-ons will probably woo many ladies. If the screen slides around with the mirror, for some ladies it’s the same as using your mirror to take a few choice shots.

How to make phone purikura using the stylus

A ton of lighting and "photoshop" type settings for taking pictures. Small face, beautiful skin and large eye options.

Decomail, Cellphone Purikura and Emoticon collections

Cecil McBee's special emoticons and phone-purikura options

Pinky Girls ladylike emoticons and phone-purikura options

Cocolulu's colorful decome and phone-purikura

The packaging and style of the phones also looks really cute:

Cecil McBee's offering with a cute eco bag and trendy chain box casing.

The store's signature print shows up with their packaging.

Colorful enough to satisfy the flashies Cocolulu fan

Also check out In person pictures from the press release of the phone on Akihabara News.

Kumicky’s Image Model Spots

Kumicky (舟山久美子) was signed to be the image model for this series. The ad campaign revolves around her adapting to all the phones depending on her style.

Koakuma style Kumicky for Cecil McBee

Sweet retro girl Kumicky for Pinky Girls

Cocolulu traditional style Kumicky and the flashy phone design.

She also shot a commercial which starts airing tomorrow on all stations.

Stills from the commercial titled "Mori Girl" (盛りGIRL)

3 Kumickys on the Tokyu building at Shibuya station. Our overload has revealed herself hehee

I’m so happy to see this. It’s a sure sign gal is growing when it gets its own phone collection. :upani: They’re really paying attention to what many gals want. :up:

A lot of gals (like quite a few Japanese) jumped onto the iPhone boat which is SOFTBANK, so possibly this is a way of DOCOMO stemming the tide. DOCOMO still remains the most popular phone provider so chances are there will be quite a few gals holding their Cecil McBee, Pinky Girls or Cocolulu phones in front of those giant Kumickys sometime soon. :waves:

Share:

1. January 18, 2011 / 9:37 am

Ow very cute phone!!!
    I love ceci mcbee and pinky girl *.*
    Kisses

2. katrin
    January 18, 2011 / 9:38 am

ow god how I wish they would sell such fancy phones here in europe, i’d give my left arm for that :<

3. Miyuki
    January 18, 2011 / 9:46 am

Ah, sucks we cant use these in the states! =[
    We cant right..? LOL

4. January 18, 2011 / 10:02 am

are you getting one for yourself? this is superb and Im willing to save up if only DOCOMO will go international O.o~ Gal is growing not just in Japan, Im sure they know!! and even those who are not gal will swoon over these kawaii gadgets! :oops:

January 21, 2011 / 9:29 pm

Oh no, it’s terribly expensive to switch cellphone contracts and I also am not really in love with any of those brands. The phones look cute, though!

5. January 18, 2011 / 10:24 am

I love the Cocolulu one, so colourful!
    xx

6. January 18, 2011 / 10:25 am

Oooh I wish Japanese phones worked properly in the US!
    I need a new phone and the Cecil McBee one is so perfect :cry:

7. January 18, 2011 / 10:48 am

Cocolulu phone… GIMMEGIMMEGIMME OMFG :busy: :rushed: :yayyay: :happydance:

8. January 18, 2011 / 10:53 am

Ah, docomo phones are usually the cutest imo :hearts:
    It’s a shame it’s so difficult (illegal now unless you live in Japan?) to get them for foreigners!

January 21, 2011 / 9:31 pm

Yup they said it had to do with terrorism :evil: Either way you need a gaijin resident card now to purchase any phone other than a prepaid :cloud:

9. January 18, 2011 / 11:15 am

I never was interested in Pinky Girls but it’s my favorite phone from the 3! :D

Kumicky looks so cute in Cocolulu!

10. Dana
    January 18, 2011 / 11:20 am

the cecil mcbee phone is loooooove! super cute xx

11. January 18, 2011 / 12:38 pm

Oh, I absolutely love these phones! They are so cute^^

12. January 18, 2011 / 12:41 pm

Aw, such cute phones, I’d love to get my hands on the Cecil McBee or Pinky Girls phone, the purikura thingy seems so awesome, I’d love it if my purikura iPhone-app was that good!

January 21, 2011 / 9:32 pm

I agree! The iphone puri app is a bit fail :cloud: Maybe someone will come out with a few of these options for the iphone and make some money :heart:

13. January 18, 2011 / 1:30 pm

why the only keitai i like are by FUJITSU???

W FUJITSU!!!! :hands:

14. January 18, 2011 / 3:06 pm

While I was in Japan, I kept noticing how awesome everyone’s phones were! These gyaru style phones are extra cute!! They even come with a stylus?? *__* I also really like how they totally decked it out with purikura-style photo deco. :heart: I personally love the Pinky Girls version! :mrgreen:

15. Katie
    January 18, 2011 / 4:11 pm

Kumicky looks amazing in cocolulu!

Why don’t we get these type phones in America? Do we at least have any purikura-style apps that we can download to American phones?

16. Leah
    January 18, 2011 / 5:24 pm

Those are very cute, I really like the stylus idea though :love:

to bad they don’t have these in North America but I think I’m in love with my phone anyways :upani:

17. Locke
    January 18, 2011 / 5:28 pm

how can we get our hands on them? are they available only in Japan? i want the Pinky Girls phone :cry:

January 21, 2011 / 9:34 pm

For now they are only available in Japan, but Fujitsu phones are known to go to the other countries, so maybe :smiley:

18. January 18, 2011 / 6:07 pm

OMG THE STAR SPLASH~! I WANT! :yayyay:

19. January 18, 2011 / 6:43 pm

COCOLULU! WANT! :rushed:

20. January 18, 2011 / 6:56 pm

Grrrrrrrr. :mad: I want the CecilMcBee phone, I’m looking for a new phone now. Why is it so hard to find a phone thats cute, not crap, and has the slot for hanging charms in the US????? :cry:

21. January 18, 2011 / 7:23 pm

Oh, the Pinky Girls phone is soooo not helping my emerging affection for things pink and leopard print. XD But go Fujitsu for bringing out the big hitters! I do so wish that they would do phones like this in the US, though. :worry:

Thanks for sharing!

22. January 18, 2011 / 7:24 pm

I got a flier for them when I was shopping at Cecil McBee during Christmas. If only they had been released before when I first got here I totally would’ve chosen Docomo over Softbank!! :cry:

23. January 18, 2011 / 7:40 pm

Omgosh, all of those phones are sooo cute XD! I especially like the Star Splash one~ Thanks for sharing :heart:

• January 18, 2011 / 9:24 pm

LOVELOVELOVE *___*
      As much as I love the leopard print on the Pinky Girls phone, I’m more drawn to the Cecil McBee one~ I really like their choice of purikura art & emoticons :)

24. January 18, 2011 / 11:04 pm

oh my god, I think I’m going to faint. This is just soo awesome!! X) :thumb: :rushed:

25. January 18, 2011 / 11:16 pm

OH MY GOD!! it’s purikura on your phone! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT!!!!

do we have to go somewhere special to buy them or will they have them in any docomo shop? i’ll probably have to change my phone when i move to tokyo so… eheheh…. also i heard docomo is the company that has the best service in the tokyo underground? like my au had crappy reception in some places… well anyways. good post!

26. January 19, 2011 / 1:02 am

Awesome idea, definitely great for the brand fans! And the packaging is killer. I can imagine wanting to buy them all just to have the collection XD Why can’t we have more sticky pic functions for american phones :(

27. January 19, 2011 / 8:07 am

Omo, so cute! They need to make an app like this XD

28. January 19, 2011 / 8:49 am

OH
    MY
    GOSH

`nuff said

29. January 19, 2011 / 3:03 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! I neeeeeeeed this phone in my life! I WILL HAVE IT!!… I must ToT XD lol

30. sally
    January 20, 2011 / 10:52 am

OMMMMMGGGGG I WANT TO CRY,
    THAT PHONE IS GORGEOUS,
    AND OMG A 5.3 MEGAPIXEL CAMERA? WITH A MIRROR AND ALL THIS AWESOME SHIT

OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
    WHY JAPAN SO COOOOOOOOOL T^T

IM GONNA STUDY HARD ASS JAPANESE AND THEN MAYBE I’LL GET THAT AWESOME ASS PHONE

31. LiimeArix
    January 21, 2011 / 11:59 am

I wanted to know, if I could post your tranlastion to a comm on LJ, aramatheydidn’t. Of course, I’d link back to you.
    I really want to share information on the cellphones.

January 21, 2011 / 9:35 pm

Sure as long as you link back, that’s fine. :cheery:

32. January 21, 2011 / 1:39 pm

Aaw!! The 3 cellphones are really cute :mrgreen:

33. Melly
    January 22, 2011 / 4:43 pm

is there any way to get this phone to Canada?..Im sure there is a way to unlock it and is there wifi? Also, what is the retail cost .. I am in love with the Cecil McBee phone

34. May Kay
    January 23, 2011 / 3:37 am

I want I want! Do you know how I can get Pinky Girls in the UK?

35. January 23, 2011 / 1:34 pm

Such cute phones:) ,i wish the UK would put more effect into to making cute phones but i guess theres only a small market for it here:(

36. January 23, 2011 / 3:27 pm

so sad that the internet function doesn’t work outside of japan. :( Or else I would be willing to pay $800 for the phone

37. January 24, 2011 / 11:56 am

Suddenly My iphone and bling case seem so dull. I have new tech toy lust.

38. January 24, 2011 / 3:18 pm

OMG! Your blog is too cute I cant believe I haven’t followed you yet until now!
    I saw those phones everywhere! They’re just too cute, especially since Kumiko has her face everywhere with those phones, they are a def. must have!

39. January 28, 2011 / 9:34 pm

I’m a huge-ass Crackberry but this is making me seriously reconsider. I am asking my friends at Fujitsu’s Philippine office why the hell they won’t sell their phones here. I know lots of the features of Japanese phones probably wouldn’t be available here in the technologically-backward country of mine, but honestly if I can just call, text/SMS and take pictures in an adorable camphone like this instead of the drab candybar phone types popular here, I’m set for life. :cry:

40. Aiko
    February 12, 2011 / 6:59 pm

Will this phone ever come to Australia? Or be able to be shipped to Australia? -_- I really need a new phone and I don’t want to buy one unless I really want it. :heartshake: Like these ones. :yayyay:

So anyone know if it’ll come to Australia or if I can buy it somewhere online?
    Reply to me in my email at: now.die.darling@hotmail.com

THANKYOU!! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

41. March 9, 2011 / 6:47 pm

i want the cocolulu oneee :heart:
    can’t buy it here :cry:

42. miyuki
    March 9, 2011 / 9:53 pm

:heartshake: i have docomo P-06B and this phone and i live in US :wink: i had to make my friend buy it for me and send it over to me, and got hypersim for it..since she is selling phones . its really lovely :upheart: :upheart: :upheart: fujitsu phones are really cute :heart::heart:i had to pay 600$ for the P-06B but its worth it since the camera is really good with 13.2 megapixel + its a swivel camera :-D for the F-04C i had to pay for about 700$ :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: i lost a lot of money but i cant help it.
    i realllllyyy love your blog so much, i enjoy your entries and im a big fan. keep up the good work :star2: :korila: :saychu:

43. cadie
    March 31, 2011 / 1:19 am

where are they selling this phone? / do you know if they are compatible with a usa sim card

44. kary
    June 18, 2011 / 1:21 am

omg pleaseeee someone tell me there’s some way to ship the koakuma pink phone to the US? i actually live in Puerto Rico, which is a small island next to the US but omg pleaseee i really want this phone i’d be willing to pay anything for it! And can somebody tell me where i can find the commercials for these phones? I really wanna see them, please tell me if there’s a way to ship the phone T^T i reeeeaaaaaallllyyyyyy want it sso bad Dx i feel like crying waaaaaaaahhh :cry: