Nagoya Passe Gal Mall prt 1

Thank you to all the kind words wishing me well. We’re still getting aftershocks in Tokyo, but it’s no way near the problems up North. The situation in Tokyo when I left was feeling very sad and dour. Since I’m only in Japan for (now) 2 more weeks, I wanted to make the most of my situation. My plans previously were to travel with my man, but I decided to go early before he comes and tour the South of Japan by myself.

I went to Nagoya (one day), Osaka (three days), Kyoto (a stop-by), and Hiroshima (three days). Since I have limited funds I used Willer Bus and the Seishun 18 kippu from JR. Both are recommended. My travel to head to 4 cities was around 18000yen. Which is incredibly cheap, akin to a one-way shinkansen to Hiroshima. If you’re interested about travel tips or hotel recommendations comment and I’ll talk more on this in the next post, but since this is a fashion blog.

Since most of my travel time was by myself I got to control my schedule!  :kumatan: I decided to spend most of my time there eating local cuisine and checking out gal in Nagoya. I’ve written about Nagoya before (already done the castle and aquarium bit), but in a very small blurb when I last traveled there. This time I spent most of my day talking to shop staff and learning about Nagoya gal. It was a great day! :yayblush:

Nagoya Passe Mall

Nagoya Passe like most gal malls outside of Tokyo (and 109 chains) are a mix of gal stores and other brands. It’s located attached to the Kintetsu line and a short walk from the Nagoya JR station. Look for Kintetsu signs and you won’t miss it.

The giant SLY ad on the side of PASSE (and a grumpy looking taxi driver).

The entrance promoting Ank Rouge’s opening in Nagoya. Ank Rouge is really expanding this season to have 8 stores in total. That was quick! (As a note I try not to take full face pictures of people without their consent. However, since I’m taking pictures of places with people it’s bound to accidentally happen).

Popteen sensation and Ank Rouge director and image girl Okarie staring at you each time you open the door.

I thought this was clever. They’ve styled mannequins in capsules you can view as you head upstairs.

I know many gaijin gals love DIA so I’ve tried to get some pictures of what they’re promoting for Spring.

Not much Spring items yet. Hopefully in the next week or two it will change to more short sleeves and shorts.

Loved that top and the color. I wanted to buy it in Osaka, but it was sold out.

Their Liz Lisa store, long and in the corner. I’ll post shop staff pictures later, but I must say how much I enjoyed talking to the Liz Lisa staff there. So nice!

Their store was stocked full of the Chambre a Coucher goods.

The Rodeo Crowns Bear! Last seen with the shop staff in Kobe. It’s at every store.

Their simple American Casual offerings for Spring. A bit boring, hope to see more interest from them soon.

I don’t speak much about GOA, a mens and womens gyaru brand. However it’s in a lot of malls and it tends to become popular during the summer outdoor festival season with a lot of psychadelic trance fans enjoying the brand.

High school students flocking around the Gilfy store being helped by a shop staff. Lots of high school students to be seen in Nagoya Passe.

The grand opening of Nagoya Ank Rouge had lots of customers in it. I’ve spoken against the brand in quality of materials vs. price however their designs still are quite cute!

A poor shot of some great rock clothes this season. Glad News again designs some cute items.

Their accessories seem to be amazing this season. The ultra spiked and strapped wedges to the punk version of the Hermes Kelly all dazzle for me.

1. March 24, 2011 / 1:52 am

I for one am interested to hear your travel tips/hotel recommendations ^_^

2. March 24, 2011 / 1:54 am

:oops: thanks for writing a review on Nagoya’s Passe Mall ^^ I really enjoyed it! Since I will be staying in the Nagoya area for a little over a month during my 2 1/2 month stay in Japan for summer, I definitely will check this out~~~ :hearts:

I’m looking forward to your travel tip information~~ :))) <3333

Glad to hear that all is well with you! :rila:

3. March 24, 2011 / 2:10 am

weeeeee!! i was there too! the shopping there was great! i’m so glad that i went to nagoya after the quake. since i didn’t get to return to shibuya anymore! >.<

you're still in japan now?
    stay safe dearie! <3

4. March 24, 2011 / 4:10 am

wow, thats a lot off clothes, i wanna have shopping there, LOL

5. March 24, 2011 / 6:42 am

Definitely interested in hearing about your travel trips and recommendations!!

I’m excited about GLAD NEWS!! +w+ And I never really took interest in DIA, but the few shots you took spiked my interest. I will have to check it out~

6. March 24, 2011 / 9:25 am

Awesome report! :upani:

I would also love to hear your travel recommendations. :) I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch for a fashion blog–it’s relevant to *where* we want to shop!

7. March 24, 2011 / 9:42 am

Loved all of these~ thank you as always for sharing! :heart:

8. March 24, 2011 / 10:04 am

Love seeing D.I.A. and the Union Jack bags from Glad News
    Thanks for this post! :hands:

9. March 24, 2011 / 10:57 am

Love the post! and looking forward to more from your trip :heart:
    I so want the Leopard mouth code and spike wedges :rushed: :busy:

10. March 24, 2011 / 11:18 am

ugh those spiked wedgies and gasp!! union jack ish bag!! love love

11. March 24, 2011 / 12:23 pm

Love the chains on those Dia shorts. Might have to DIY something similar. Leave it to me to zero in on the most random thing XD

12. March 24, 2011 / 10:47 pm

~ * ♥ * ~

The Liz Lisa Store looked really cool… Wish I could see it in real life! I would love to hear about your travel tips; the cheaper I can get around Japan ~ the sooner I can go!! :yayforyay: :hearts3:

xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

13. March 24, 2011 / 11:38 pm

thanks for the post~ its nice to see gyaru stores in other parts of japan~!
    wow i really love dia’s color, im falling in love with mint color recently since winter~ XD i just got two minty colored clothing, one from cecil mcbee and other from tralala hehe~
    and as usual, i love the liz lisa store! so cute~~~ :korila: wish i can shop there! can’t wait for your post on their shop staff~~
    okarie looks adorable in that picture of her on the door hehe~ ank rouge does have cute designs!
    hope you have fun traveling around!~ :hearts2:

14. March 25, 2011 / 5:33 am

So glad to hear that you are doing ok over there!

Your trip looks like fun. I can’t wait to be able to go shopping in Japan. I’d need to save up a good ammount of money first though!

15. christine
    March 25, 2011 / 6:45 am

can’t wait to see the liz lisa staff pictures! they always look so cute :korila:

16. March 26, 2011 / 7:52 pm

Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a couple months now, but I’m finally commenting ^^;

Thank you so much for this post! I used to go to Passe a few times a week when I was working in Nagoya a long time ago, so this really brought back some memories for me :) The mannequins in the boxes actually freaked me out at first glance when I went there lol
    Looking forward to the shop staff post too! I don’t know much about Liz Lisa yet but it is a really interesting brand!

17. March 26, 2011 / 10:45 pm

oohh I would love to see more of the Glad News spring and summer looks! *0*

18. cc
    March 27, 2011 / 9:35 am

I would so so appreciate a post detailing travel tips and hotel and such!!!!

I am actually going to Japan for the first time this August on my own.

Thank you!

19. nobody
    March 30, 2011 / 6:35 am

^ I’m just nobody but from personal experience, if you are gyaru / girl who wants to look good DON’T go to JPN in August. You will melt |D

March 30, 2011 / 7:22 am

Exactly! August is THE WORST month to go to Japan in. So humid and statistically rainier than the rainy season. :cloud:

20. April 3, 2011 / 7:33 pm

Thank you so much for this post! I’m planning on going to Nagoya in October, so I’ll definitely stop by and check this out :)
    I’m also looking forward to seeing your travel tips since I’m going to Chiba for student exchange (half a year) next semester and I’m looking for cheap and good ways to travel around, haha :worries:

21. momo lee
    April 5, 2011 / 11:12 am

Good to know you’re safe! This is the first time commenting on your blog, and I’ve been reading it for quite a while!

Just a small request: Could you do a little more coverage on GOA? It seems like an interesting brand with all that boho thing going on, not something you see often!

April 6, 2011 / 12:57 pm

I’ll see what I can do. Since it’s a double gender brand (mens & womens stores) I find it more interesting ^_^

22. April 9, 2011 / 10:49 am

Loving these pics, Mitsu……and wishing every second I could be there. I keep seeing things I’d love to own in every pic….. fierce shoes, cute tops….all of those liz lisa home goods. <3 <3 <3
    I forgot how cool Glad News is!!!