Tokyo Girls Collection S/S 2011 report!

It’s been a fashion dream of mine to go to TGC at least once. My friend was able to secure tickets, which sold out incredibly fast. For those of you who don’t know about the Tokyo Girls Collection, it’s a fashion show put on twice a year for Fall and Spring by girlswalker, a mega on-line clothing store. It varies in other locations, but always shows in Yoyogi Stadium in Tokyo. This year Spring is being shown in Nagoya and Okinawa.

Tickets for the cheapest seats (mine) were 5000 yen (around $55.oo). They sold out the whole stadium and the attendance was around 23,000 people (corrected). It’s a huge event. It’s the fashion show. Every news channel was out reporting on it.

Heading up to the stadium.

Me and my friend Alice in our twin Liz Lisa outfits. She made our headbands which were amazing. I pose awkwardly and I have no shoulders.... After that we were whisked to do our first interview of the day. I really don't like TV, but when asked firsthand I have a hard time saying no. If you see it excuse my bloated period self, still-learning language skills and general awkwardness.

Better pictures of our dresses and headbands. We were mostly in all Liz Lisa. My cardigan is Egoist.

With 23,000+ people to get in the line was insane.

People did not dress up as much as I hoped. Although I saw many cute Spring themed outfits with lots of trench coats and camel colors.

After we did our second interview, we saw the glory of the giant stage!

Miia Producer Akiina Minami was a surprise guest for her brand. Although full Indian headdress...? Chinatsu already did it. Her gown with train was cool tho.

Big highlight for me was seeing Tsubasa walk. She's incredibly adorable as always.

There she is looking tiny onstage. She's quite short to begin with, but she was really doll-like on stage.

Tsubasa was walking in the green version of her Marine casual collaboration set.

Of which will go on sale at 109 tomorrow!

Cecil had this weird Sex and the City 2 theme, even playing the theme music in the beginning. The main look was resort-wear.

It was a bold runway for them and there were a few looks that were definitely street worthy.

After which TV talent Yugi showed up to serenade the women. He was quite cute!

Tsubasa yet again came back out to promote Palty hair dye. Her hair and outfit looked quite cute. When she was interviewed on stage she couldn't get a word in. Her personality is really calm so even as lovely as she is she fades away in interviews with charismatic people.

Vivi Queen Lena walked. She looked cute in her collaboration item, but her face is quite a bit different in person. Not bad, just different.

There she is looking quite cute and tiny. Haruna AI (the famous new-half talent) came out and completely stole the show in the same outfit but with 10x more charisma and strut. Haruna AI won a fan (or several) that night.

Besides the fashion show, TGC also had tons of sponsor booths. Make-up, suits, gum, Palty hairdye, diet items, collaboration items to buy.

Special guest at one of the booths turned out to be Momeri! OMG MOMOERI!! I had a list of models I wanted to see in person and Momoeri was one of them, so I was just overcome with joy. For some reason Naturelab was using drag queens to promote their diet pills. Larger dragqueens...

Momoeri was quite lovely, and the crush to see her was amazing. Only 30 people got to take a picture with her, sadly I couldn't get a number. She looked less Ageha and fancy, and I wouldn't have recognized her on the street, but she seems quite lovely.

Another thing to do was pose inside this flower box, how cute!

Glasses maker OWNDAYS held a contest of who would design their clothes to accompany their glasses. The clothing and production was amazing. Easily one of the best runways of the night. Here are some of the gorgeous models who walked for OWNDAYS.

One of the best things about TGC is their collaboration items. Usually phonestraps. I got this amazing one by Aupweiser Riche. I just love the gold and pistachio color for Spring.

There were a lot of cute girls in cute clothes, but my favorite coordinate of the event belongs to these two girls. I kept seeing them and I knew I had to ask them for a picture. I loved how the twinned yet didn't. They were so sweet as well.

Fashion Themes

Two fashion themes seemed to go throughout most collections: French Retro Girly using Marine colors and Resort Wear. Even in the collections for older audiences. Not much flower print, but the brands walking aren’t really the type for it. I haven’t seen that much Marine in store yet, it’s been more camel and pinks. I’m a bit curious to see if more grows.

Personal Thoughts

If you get a chance to go to TGC, just go! It surpassed my expectations. While the interviews and pictures were a bit scary, it was fun as well. I was so happy to see Momoeri. Vivi model Ellie Rose also looked quite cute in her outfits.

Need more looks? Check out Oricon’s pictures from the show.

Share:

1. March 5, 2011 / 9:03 am

ah wow! nice post,! Tsubasa is sooo cute ^____^~
    and I love your liz lisa outfit :heartshake:

March 5, 2011 / 9:34 am

Tsubasa was so adorable! :cheery: I am glad she was a special guest!

2. March 5, 2011 / 9:13 am

I watched it on Youtube!! :hands: Though I was sad to see the Twitter discussions clogged up by people whining about kpop idols and not very much fashion discussion going on. -_-

It was a bit surprising to see all of the Indian headdresses that appeared with several brands though.

March 5, 2011 / 9:37 am

For a long time it was mostly fashion and people like me were a bit happy about kpop idols singing since I could ignore it and tour the booths. Thankfully being there, there’s so much more to do than just stay in your seat. If I had to I might have felt similarly :^_^;;:

I agree. But Miia seemed the most grievous use of it. To be fair it is something that can be seen from far away and when the fashion show is in a stadium those kind of things are necessary :worries:

3. March 5, 2011 / 9:53 am

aww i saw the show on tv ^^ was cute. but the clothes getting worser :/ but i liked the drewcy or what the brand was the clotheses ^_^ but sad there was no more a liz lisa show :(

me too! i saw momoeri in harajuku in the ameba studio! she wear there a ageha dress and the hair. but i really noticed her when i saw on a tv screen a photo of her! than i said to my friend thats momoka eri! and we was like ” wow” she look so diffrent! XD

4. March 5, 2011 / 10:52 am

Fantastic pictures! It’s nice to see a perspective of the show from someone who was there. Thanks for sharing :)

5. Diyana
    March 5, 2011 / 11:30 am

I only managed to watch it stream on youtube for a few minutes today. But wow, the show is really mega. And to your friend who managed to get the tickets, super lucky!

The phonestrap looks great! I feel like DIY-ing myself something like that~

6. March 5, 2011 / 11:58 am

I was watching the live stream last night and it looked like so much fun!! I’m not usually a fan of Tsubasa but she was incredibly adorable on stage!!

I think I most enjoyed watching Ravijour but I totally got a Victoria Secret vibe, is that normal? I guess with lingerie you have to make everything else bigger and more dramatic.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your insight and experience at the show. You looked great in your Liz Lisa onepiece! :heartsmile:

7. March 5, 2011 / 12:18 pm

How cool! Thanks for the report! I’d love to go one day! :mrgreen:

8. March 5, 2011 / 12:20 pm

I love this!! I would die to go to something like this *//A//* it looks all so perfect~~

awww poor tsubasa, well she’s great in her own ways!

and i adore your cords! you both look so cute :3 was it very cold there?

and i do agree about the last picture! those girls are so cute~!!

9. March 5, 2011 / 12:21 pm

Mitsu you look gorgeousss :hearts: You & your friend look lovely~! Totally standing out from all that monotone in the line, haha~
    Thank you for sharing your photos & review~ I would have died to see Tsubasa & Momoeri too :heart:

10. March 5, 2011 / 1:13 pm

Wooooow I’m so jealous! It must be very different to actually be there in the arena and watch the entire show. I watched it on youtube and literally screamed when Tsubasa walked in that green outfit!!! She was too cute!!!

11. March 5, 2011 / 1:29 pm

aww I missed tsubasa :( I streamed from heather until ravijiour and only saw her in the interview. she’s so petite and cute but I can see what you mean by calm, I will still forever love her though >< and wow I could hardly recognize lena fujii!
    you both looked adorable, very lovely outfits~ thank you for sharing the pics! I hope I will be able to go to a tgc fashion show one day, it looked like a lot of fun!

12. Cassandra
    March 5, 2011 / 1:35 pm

I love your twin code~

I was actually excited to see Anna Tsuchiya walk especially since she’s more punk. Of course, tsubasa is flawless. :hearts:

Was that Miss J from ANTM walking for LDS?

13. March 5, 2011 / 3:19 pm

LOVE those girls at the end *___________* :hearts:
    *totally saving that pic*

You and your friend also looked really cute :)

14. March 5, 2011 / 5:34 pm

I was watching TGC on youtube last night and it was amazing! it feels like I was in the event itself. But I missed a lot though T ^T *cries in the corner

Anyway, you and your friend looks so lovely~
    the twin style suits you two :heart:

+ was the tassle mobile strap for free? If it is ME SO ENVYYYYYY X3 :korila: :hands:

15. March 5, 2011 / 7:14 pm

Wow, it sounds like the show was lots of fun for you! I think your coordinate for the day is lovely too! I’d have liked to see Tsubasa~ She always looks so gorgeous! And the snap with the two attendees in non-twinned twin plaid outfits is also super cute! Thank you for sharing~ ^O^

16. Halle
    March 5, 2011 / 9:08 pm

I’m glad you had a good time! I watched it on youtube!~ Tsubasa was my favorite part of course! Hahah. You looked really cute :heart: Everyone was all “OMG WHEN IS 2PM COMING OUT” So I didn’t really have anyone to talk about the actual show with though -_-

17. March 5, 2011 / 9:44 pm

Daaang, I can see why you got so many snaps and interviews :heart2: you and your friend look absolutely darling!! :hearts: :yayyay: And the girls in the plaid twinsies are super cute too. But, that photo of Lena fuji…not flattering :worry:

Am I bad person I didn’t watch the stream? I am waiting for Tokyo Fashion’s coverage haha

I just bought 2 floral tops today, I hope they won’t be useless. But I did get some balloon shorts and a marine cardi yay!

18. March 6, 2011 / 6:30 am

Ohhhh so lucky you got to see that :D I really wish I would be able to attend TGG~!!
    And you girls’ outfits were so cute :heart: Love LizLisa.

19. March 6, 2011 / 8:10 am

I’m soo glad you dressed up – you girls really stand out! I only got to see Chesty, Loved Rose and 1 or 2 others around the same time…but I thought there was a lot of floral, and it frankly bored me. Lots of pastel colours and beiges and pale denim – urgh, not very exciting. I must catch the other shows so I get a better picture overall.

Thanks for the coverage – and so soon!

20. March 6, 2011 / 10:34 am

Thanks for sharing, this is very sweet of you :) all the pictures are amazing, I wish I could have seen this with my own eyes !

21. March 6, 2011 / 1:21 pm

oh wow, JUST WOW!!!! such amazing photos, the outfits are stunning! the girls are lovely!! kyaaah!

22. March 6, 2011 / 2:51 pm

Awesome post!
    What a lucky girl you are to go to this :hearts:

23. March 6, 2011 / 4:57 pm

Amazing! I’m happy to see how the event is!
    I’d be so happy to see Tsubasa on the catwalk too!
    Thanks for the post!

24. March 8, 2011 / 4:05 am

hi… nice pic.
    i adore tsubasa. love her hair so much.

25. March 8, 2011 / 5:15 am

I love the cardigan you wore!! What an amazing show, one day I want to attend one as well <3

Thanks for such an interesting read, with so many pictures I almost feel like I was there too~

26. March 10, 2011 / 7:31 am

Amazing, I really want to go there one day too!
    And you both looked really cute! :D

27. March 10, 2011 / 2:51 pm

TGC looked like fun! Must be amazing to see Lena & Tsubasa in person :superhappy:
    And MOMOERI!!! Gorgeous as usual~~
    You & your friend both look super cute & springy in Liz Lisa. Those DIY headbands are so pretty! Your friend has a talent there :)

28. March 11, 2011 / 9:21 am

OT, but I hope you are safe and unaffected by the earthquake!!

29. March 11, 2011 / 12:50 pm

HI I hope you are ok after the earthquake!! I’m so worried obut everyone.Could you write about it leter.And is Shibuya ok? And 109?? I’m worried~!^^

30. Leesy
    March 13, 2011 / 5:27 pm

Omg. I love all the fashion. Wish I could get it in Australia.

31. March 19, 2011 / 12:00 pm

Sorry late reply is late, got busy + birthday yadayada…

Anyway, the YouTube stream was awful in Manila, it kept getting cut. D: And all those whining KPop fans in Twitter who wanted to see their idols were not helping. Didn’t anyone tell them most of the performances were cut from the broadcast stream?

Also, the discussions about the fashion were few and far between. DDDDDD: Super glad the TGC SS2011 YouTube page has the highlights of each show though! <3

Finally, I'm SO glad you're okay!

32. March 24, 2011 / 2:30 am

Hi,
    Sorry to ask this question at this timing.
    Would like to ask how to get tickets for TGC.
    Thanks.
    :D

33. August 8, 2011 / 3:51 am

Love the flower headband! I think my favorite model walked for that show that you went to! Reina Treindle. Pretty sure she was the opening! :busy: