Osaka Namba travel pictures

These pictures I’ve been meaning to edit, but I’m so lazy. :worries: These particular set of Osaka pictures are ones I took pack during Christmas 2009 when I went to Osaka and Kobe with my friend Ko. Pictures from that trip are also in the Breaking down Gal Myths post, Kobe gal & beef, Kobe Daytime and Kobe Nighttime posts. Wow I was really a shutterbug :roll:

These were mostly taken around the Shinsaibashi and Namba area of Osaka (which is some of the most awesome parts of Japan).

Trains are often used as billboards and this one promoting Osaka Universal Studios is especially cute.

A host eating cheap cup ramen before work, (or after, maybe he had a hell of a night). :wink:

Above is one of my absolute favorite series of gal shots from Japan, and one of the reasons is it shows off everything Osaka. Girls that blonde are more likely to be found in Osaka. Agejo hairset is much more popular in Osaka, and this was around the hostess district. These two girls are most likely hostesses rushing from getting hairset to their work. Osaka also has a big biking culture so I love that these girls sped off (in heels) on their pink bike.

I usually get angry when photos blur, but I really liked the look of this one and it made this host seem so much more attractive and mysterious LOL.

A storefront offering hostess dresses.

Starvations. An amekaji gyaru clothing store specializing in childrens clothing. A childrens clothing store called Starvations. -_-  OH Japan. :worries: And it’s a chain, there’s one in Ikebukuro, too.

Another Amekaji store on Namba walk. Amekaji is really popular in Osaka.

The storefront of Oneegyaru brands Days of Freedom and Gold 81, a sister store of Love Boat and LDS.

A rainy day on Dotonbori where a cute gal stands out with her pink umbrella.

An agejo waiting to buy her train ticket to take the subway. Love the hair/wig (looks like the Cyperous gal wig).

1. April 9, 2011 / 8:01 am

the host!!! *w*b
    the pics are great :) you can def. see a contrast between tokyo and osaka (as far as agejo styles being more predominant!) ^-^

April 9, 2011 / 8:19 am

I love seeing the contrast. Although this was two years ago and blonde is slowly fading out of gal. Or the white blonde, more ashy and light browns now ^_^

2. April 9, 2011 / 8:04 am

wow I love this possstt!! I’ve never been to osaka but I really wana go^^ thanks for sharing! always looking forward for more <3 what camera are you using btw??

April 9, 2011 / 8:20 am

Osaka is awesome! My favorite Japanese city. The food, the people, the culture ♥
      I’m using a plain ole digicam Sony Cypershot. It’s nothing special. I keep wanting to upgrade to a dslr, but I know I’d carry it around less since they weigh more. Also, people are less intimidated when I take a picture with my blingy digicam I think ♥

3. katie
    April 9, 2011 / 8:40 am

I love the picture the too hostess girls speeding down on a bike with heels :wink:

Does the Amekaji brand BOH have a website?

4. April 9, 2011 / 8:46 am

Loved this series! :hearts: The ‘blurry’ photo is my favourite one too~ looks so artsy, haha :wink:

5. April 9, 2011 / 9:02 am

Thanks for the pictures. They reminded me so much of my time in Osaka.
    And it’s so true that especially around Shinsaibashi are so many clubs with hosts and hostesses :heart:

6. April 9, 2011 / 11:04 am

Wow! I reeeally love Osaka and this post captures the mood for me :hearts2:
    Love the bike shots :hands:

7. April 9, 2011 / 11:24 am

those bike shots are great!
    i really loved this post~! :hearts2:

8. April 9, 2011 / 12:02 pm

Aw, I’m so glad you dedicated this entry to Osaka! I feel like Osaka is my second home ^o^ I feel such nice memories resurface after seeing these pictures!

Namba is really such a great place in Osaka! It’s so fun just walking around and seeing all the fun things it has! I spent so much money in Osaka =w=;; but totally worth it! Can’t wait to go to back :star2:

9. April 9, 2011 / 12:42 pm

All of those pictures looks wonderful!<3

10. April 9, 2011 / 2:47 pm

oh yeah the agejo girls riding the bike look so cute and that guy in the blurry photo is so handsome!

11. April 9, 2011 / 2:48 pm

SESAME STREET TRAIN XD winner! In need of Elmo times :curiousmo:

The sequence shot of the girl getting on the bike made me laught so much!
    Perfect capturing! It needs to be a .gif asap! hahaha :yayyay: :thumb:

I feel like Osaka has more gal to offer than Shibuya from this post hehhe

12. April 9, 2011 / 5:04 pm

oooooh I love the pictures! :hearts: :heart: lol tbh, I laughed when I saw the ‘starvation’ sign; and when I read it’s a children’s clothing store, I thought how ironic :worry:

13. April 9, 2011 / 5:06 pm

Ah Nostalgia! Though I can’t say I have good memories of Osaka, I do remember it well. Love those Osaka girls and their big hair XD

14. Heather
    April 9, 2011 / 8:39 pm

Those biking girls were so cute. I wish I could’ve seen their faces! Nice shots! <3

15. April 9, 2011 / 9:49 pm

Thanks for posting all these photos, forgot how much I loved learning about Gals. I LOVE the shot of the girls and the bike.

16. April 9, 2011 / 10:51 pm

I LOVE this post! Thank you for making it! I really love Osaka and I think it often gets outshone by Tokyo.

The photos of the hostesses on the bike are amazing! Priceless! :D I am so glad you were able to capture that!

17. April 9, 2011 / 11:47 pm

I love that Osaka is so unabashedly 派手! Right down to their trains. :3

Style-wise I think Osaka is so bright and fun but I cannot -stand- their train system and I always have the hardest time finding livehouses or my hotels. ;__;

And I love that you caught the girls on the bike!

If her wig is Cyperous, then I -really- need to get one. I meant to comment on your OOTD the other day that it looked so natural I had no idea it was a wig until you mentioned it. :o

18. April 10, 2011 / 12:52 am

I’d love to go to Osaka and see gals with Agejo hairset! I’m kind of a fan of huge, elaborate hairstyles, so it’s great to see them in your photos. I wonder though; do hostesses really wear those super-blingy dresses to work?

Thanks for sharing!

19. Katrin
    April 10, 2011 / 7:37 am

Love this post :3 amusing reading as always :cat:

20. April 10, 2011 / 1:55 pm

i love how these pictures are so reallife!

21. Angel
    April 10, 2011 / 5:26 pm

I love this post! The gals on the bike made me laugh and so happy. xDD Very cute.

I want to go to Osaka and see all the gals too! *_______*

22. April 10, 2011 / 7:33 pm

lol at the gyaru on bikes!! it’s too awesome, how did you know she was gonna do that, that you were able to take the before/during/after shots?!! so awesome…

and about the blondes… there’s not too many, even in osaka now… actually, when i was there last month and got my hair done all agejo at one of the hairset places, the girl who was doing my hair commented on that (cuz my hair is bright blonde) said something along the lines of “you don’t see hair that blonde anymore… a few years ago it was really popular, but not anymore… iiiiii naaaaa….” lol. she was cute :korila: