Pictures from Gyaru Mall Nagoya Passe II

I’m back in the States for a while (definitely 6 months if not more) at least until September. Which was planned before the earthquake. If anything I’m more sad to leave because of the earthquake, because I’d love to be there contributing to their economy and supporting my second home.

I’m so jetlagged and will be for a week so I asked ladies on my twitter what of three options (brand talk, Spring trends or travel pics) that they wanted to see and the majority said travel pictures. So I’ll be posting two posts of travel pictures, two posts about traveling in Japan, then move onto Spring trends which was the second most popular.

I’ve got so much content to blog about. 8 more posts of shop staff photos to go! Also I have 6 magazines to scan which don’t usually get scanned. If not more  :oops: I’m behind on travel shots, and I’ve got to trend forecast, so it’s a busy time at the Doll.

The always colorful Cocolulu had quite a large store in Passe.

Their cute spring look for Spring featuring (as usual) an explosion of colors and some overalls to deal with the mugginess of Japanese Springtime.

Cocolulu Kids! So cute!! I’m not a Cocolulu fan, but I just love this look for kids. It’s a great way to dress your kids age appropriate but still gyaru style. Besides all their clothing seems very easy to play and be a kid in.

One of my big reasons for heading to Nagoya. Nagoya w♥c!! I just love the floaty big Kumatan up top.

Some girls checking out the stickers from w♥c along with Chinatsu’s signature shot for the Spring catalog.

Classic B-gyaru store Baby Shoop. It’s pretty common for them to only use Black models.

A look inside their Spring looks. Lots of color and sexy ethnic print dresses.

Discount gyaru store Ingini with their super cheap Spring set.

Ingini has moved to retro girly and here’s their Spring sample of chiffon, raffia and wide-brim straw hats that are all trending for Sping/Summer.

Tralala’s girly Spring coordinates. Really loved by high school girls in Japan.

Tralala’s novelty pillow with their bear character. Pillows as novelties have been very popular this Spring with Liz Lisa, Murua and Mercury Duo all doing them as well.

American Casual brand Vence is usually ignored, but they’re doing a great open weave fringe poncho that is a key Spring look.

Not on the gyaru floor, haadi brand “Party” reminds me of Egg’s Kanako and Romihis’ gyaru personal style blends.

I couldn’t find any information on the brand Party, much in part due to its generic name. However it seems to be a discount brand and not a chain store.

Not a gyaru store, but Passe is not 100% gal stores. I know some of my readers are interest in other Japanese fashions beyond gyaru so I try to take pictures of stores I know might interest you ladies.

The elegant inside of Baby the Stars Shine Bright. No lolitas spotted in Nagoya that day, but it wasn’t a weekend.

Moussy echoing a lot gyaru trends in hats and shoes. Especially the return of platforms.

A peak inside SLY which has been really popular this year, everything gets sold out there before I have a chance to buy it. :evil:

1. Sami
    April 8, 2011 / 7:54 am

My heart was soooo fluttery at this post :hearts:
    Co&lu and WC *swooooooon*
    The WC store looks quite big actually

April 8, 2011 / 8:30 am

hehehe I think that’s just a trick of the Camera. It’s another relatively small-sized store for w♥c ^_^

2. April 8, 2011 / 8:22 am

Love this post! :heart:

April 8, 2011 / 8:30 am

Happy you enjoy!

3. April 8, 2011 / 8:24 am

So cute! I love those Tralala looks! Can non-high school girls wear them? How about girls in graduate school? :happydance:

That Party brand looks interesting! I’d like to see more!

April 8, 2011 / 8:30 am

I think they’ve just developed a following among high school girls (Cocolulu is the other high school gyaru brand). Rare do I see a girl with her hair dyed go in there. Their shop staff also tend to be quite young (18-20 or so). Which is so odd since Ageha model Rin has been their image model for years.

4. April 8, 2011 / 8:47 am

Lovin the retro girly look <3 Thanks for a wonderful post with lots of pictures! ^_^ Glad you had a great stay.

April 9, 2011 / 7:56 am

Retro girly makes me happy too! More travel pics soon ♥

5. April 8, 2011 / 8:48 am

Thanks for sharing the photos, as I am quite sure I will never go to Nagoya and see this mall irl. I liked the INGNI set, but I’m a tall girl and we aren’t supposed to wear anything cute in gyaru. >____> Anyhow great shots! Looking forward to more^^

April 9, 2011 / 7:55 am

Awwwh you should try to venture outside of Tokyo if you can. It’s not too expensive to go to Nagoya, only 6000 yen. Two manga cafe nights and you’re only at 10000 yen to see a new city ^_^
      hahahahahahahaha oh yeah I forgot we should ignore anything cute. Silly me <_<

6. April 8, 2011 / 10:52 am

Love all of the shots. Makes me miss shopping Japan so much… :cry:

April 9, 2011 / 7:53 am

hehehe I think I’ll look back at them in a few months and feel the exact same way T_T

7. April 8, 2011 / 11:48 am

Welcome back, even of it is a bittersweet return :hearts:
    I never realised INGINI was a discount brand! Their stuff looks pretty decent quality & quite pretty! :music:

April 9, 2011 / 7:53 am

Thanks girly! ♥

I know!! I think they’re the best discount brand, they really stay up in the trends but their prices are so good ♥

8. April 8, 2011 / 12:35 pm

Thanks for the pictures! I loved the BPN and Baby snaps, I follow both gyaru and lolita fashion.

April 9, 2011 / 7:52 am

I’ll try to include more shop photos of them, although I stick to reporting on gal. I really am a bit clueless about lolita things ^_^;;

9. April 8, 2011 / 3:05 pm

Wow! Lots of great shops! I’m going to be in the Nagoya area during summer so I’ll definitely check all of these out! ^o^ So excited! Thanks for the post! xoxo

BPN is a cool store too! I like gyaru clothes but also other things too so thanks for including that!

April 9, 2011 / 7:52 am

Wow I hope you enjoy Nagoya! How long will you be there for?

I’ve got a few more pics of BPN I think from Osaka and Shizuoka so stay tuned ♥

10. April 8, 2011 / 3:14 pm

siiigh~ looking at shop pics makes me feel like im online window shopping! :hearts2:
    love the post, thanks! :yayblush:

April 9, 2011 / 7:51 am

hehehe It is a bit like on-line window shopping, which is one of my favorite activites ♥

11. April 8, 2011 / 3:15 pm

I love looking at shop photos!! Thanks so much for posting them! ^__^ Cocolulu stores are always so fun to see because of all the bright colors. <3 And ooooh, WC!! *__*

April 9, 2011 / 7:50 am

Oh yay! Sometimes I feel weird posting them since it’s JUST a store, but I love shop photos as well so I’m happy you do, too ♥

Cocolulu stores really do lend themselves well to photographs ♥

12. April 8, 2011 / 4:56 pm

thank you for posting the,, the clothes are just too beautiful!

April 9, 2011 / 7:49 am

It is fun to see them all in their colorful ways looking lovely ♥

13. April 8, 2011 / 6:49 pm

Gee the stores look similar in different cities, don’t they? Wish I’d taken more snaps of stores, but I get worried someone’s gonna get annoyed if they catch me!

April 9, 2011 / 7:49 am

I think it’s pretty amazing to see how much branding has taken over. I like seeing how no matter the distance, gal remains pretty constant ♥

14. April 8, 2011 / 9:20 pm

Such beautiful clothes! I wish I had them! (´;ω;`)

April 9, 2011 / 7:48 am

Hehehehe it’d be a lot of clothes to have. You’d have a closet the size of a mall, which would be amazing♥

15. April 9, 2011 / 5:18 am

OMG, such gorgeous clothes. Everything looks wonderful. I think the CocoLulu kids items are SO CUTE! :cat:

April 9, 2011 / 7:48 am

Aren’t they adorable! If I had kids I’d think about putting them in that if they wanted ♥

16. April 10, 2011 / 6:05 pm

oh! there is a Peace Now store in my town’s mall! i didn’t know it was a brand! lol. never shopped there, but only know of it cuz it is affiliated with the Visual Kei music store, mwaha…