Osaka Shinsaibashi OPA Part 1

Osaka Shinsaibashi OPA for me ranks as one of the best gal malls in Japan. If it wasn’t for the non-gal shops that pepper some of the floors I’d put it in a tie for Shibuya 109. Why is it so awesome? Hopefully I can show you in pictures below, but also for these reasons:

:hearts3: B2 Shop-in always has a great cosmetics selection. I found my sought after Jewerich lashes here, and they are fully stocked with other lash brands. One of the best stocked cosmetics places I’ve been to. (Basement level 2 also has a post office ATM where you can make international withdraws)

:hearts3: Some of the most lovely gals you’ll ever see are at OPA. I don’t know how it works, but I’m always impressed.

:hearts3: Osaka is known as one of the friendliest cities in Japan and OPA magnifies that. I’ve had conversations with staff that I leave hugging them. It’s happened on multiple occasions.

My favorite city in Japan and my favorite gal mall in it.  :korila:

Minirdees showing off the open lace weave crop top and chiffon dress trend.

1. May 22, 2011 / 2:39 pm

I’ve always wanted to visit Osaka and now I want to visit it even more! So awesome *-*

2. May 22, 2011 / 5:09 pm

Oh your photos always make me want to go back to Osaka, I feel I missed out on the whole shopping aspect there (though I saw basically every tourist thing in the area haha)

The Emoda staff girls in the second to last photo are amazing!! :heart: I just want to look like that forever XDD

3. May 22, 2011 / 5:12 pm

Thanks for the post! It’s refreshing to hear someone rave about shopping somewhere *other than* 109. :cat:

4. May 22, 2011 / 6:27 pm

Love the photos:D Makes me want to go more than i already do …and then i read what you wrote and i want to go even more:O lol
    Its been too long since i’ve commented one of your posts:( I still <3 your blog and you thou:D ,I've just been very inactive internet wise :(

5. May 22, 2011 / 7:36 pm

Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

6. May 23, 2011 / 12:53 am

That lingerie model is crazy hot. She’s doing her job well. I am convinced I need that bra.

7. May 23, 2011 / 2:49 am

Oooooh how I miss Osaka!!! :cry: I spent a year there on a scholarship and went to Shinsaibashi OPA many times! I want to make a “down the memory lane” post now too, with my photos of Osaka, my loooove :yayforyay: :hearts: Love your blog btw, if you didn`t know!! :yayyay: Are you back in USA now?

8. May 23, 2011 / 6:37 am

I have to agree on the friendliness thing! Even with my limited japanese, I got such a warm welcome when there in march, with one shop guy chatting to me for ages and insisting I take a little gift (lollies). I guess they weren’t expecting visitors just after the earthquake.

It’s just better laid out than 109 as well, with more space to walk etc.

9. May 23, 2011 / 1:08 pm

My favorite city in Japan and my favorite gal mall in it. <- Couldn't agree with this more! :hearts:

I actually prefer Shinsaibashi OPA by far over 109. In my experience, the staff is more friendly and proactive in approacing even foreigners like me. :mrgreen: OPA has better food options too. I know the food isn't the most popular area of a gal mall, but if I'm going to spend all day shopping a good pit stop is a must for me. :up:

10. May 23, 2011 / 4:54 pm

How much I love OPA ♥
    I cannot wait to go there again and see all the randomness between the gal shops. I actually also like it better than 109, mainly because it didn’t get me as consuded *laughs*

11. May 23, 2011 / 7:48 pm

i quite like OPA too… and yes, the staff are so cute and chatty. i actually prefer the layout to 109 because there is actually room to move and breathe, you know! :p but yeah, the other random shops kill the mood a bit… still! thumbs up!

12. auri
    May 24, 2011 / 10:12 am

im so upset. when i was in japan i never had a chance to visit osaka. well…maybe next year! thank you for the heads up (^_^)

13. Auri
    May 24, 2011 / 10:15 am

Btw…is there any shops you can recommend in the US, besides Forever 21 and Charolette Russe??

14. May 25, 2011 / 9:02 am

Such a great variety of shops! :hearts: This definitely looks like a mall worth visiting~
    btw, all your Osaka posts make me just wanna go there & screw Tokyo, haha :thumb:

May 28, 2011 / 11:22 am

hehehe Osaka is awesome, but Tokyo is better first time visit. I love Osaka though, I’m sad I never lived there ^_^

15. May 29, 2011 / 7:34 am

I love the chiffon dress in the first photo , especially the knitted outerwear (isn’t it?) .
    And also those boots and doc.martens .
    Wanna be there to enjoy shopping :cry:

16. June 16, 2011 / 4:27 am

I love love love love shinsaibashi! I could spend a whole day wandering around the shops. The best part of it all is that prices are fair and they have such unique items. I bought a pair of brown suede oxfords from a store for only 2000yen and a pair of mid-calf length cowboy boots for only 4900yen! Cant wait to go back next year for another shopping trip.

17. July 22, 2011 / 4:47 am

i have to visit this gal mall!!!!!
    wah ( ´∀`)
    it looks so good!!!!

your blog overall is a great inspiration, thank you for all the great posts you make,
    (*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)