Sakura Blossom pictures and themed food

Sakura season has ended, but it makes such beautiful memories. I gathered up all my sakura pictures from around Tokyo and some in other cities. Also, some great Sakura themed food items. All for the weekend photo post   :stepup:

A tree lighting up the bleak view of Ueno park. Usually the brown sticks are fat lotus blossoms that coat the lake, but sakura now take the stage.

Elsewhere in Ueno faux lanterns with ads for places in Ueno (even gal mall aBaB) line the walkways.

The lone sakura tree I found on Miyajima island off the coast of Hiroshima.

Another lone tree inside a traditional garden in Hiroshima.

Many “parks” in Tokyo are just concrete spaces, but when sakura are in full bloom they change the landscape with swaths of pale pink.

A couple boating in Inokashira park hoping to get a closer view of the sakura that hang over the river.

A couple found the sakura tree most in bloom.

While they hang over the river, most need supports to keep their old branches up.

The sunset is restricting the view but the beginning bloom of sakura are dotting the river for the painter to capture.

When there was a more mild winter the Sakura blossoms compliment the greener grass for picnics in Inokashira Park (shown in 2007).

The most beautiful way to see sakura is to stand right under one and look up.

Sakura themed Food

During  March and April, sakura themed food and drink are wildly popular. It’s hard to go somewhere without seeing a hint of sakura branding. Breads, drinks, alcohols, you name it. If you can make, chances are there’s food.

The cafe inside Lumine EST makes delicious cupcakes, this is their Sakura and Matcha combination cupcake.

Popular dessert maker Cozy Corner offers a sakura cake.

Sakura flavored Royal Milk Tea.

Because of Hanami (flower viewing parties) beer manufacturers are all about making Sakura themed beers.

Sakura flavored mochi dango roasted over a hot stone fire from an Ueno park food stall still haunts my dreams. It’s like a Japanese campire marshmallow perfected.

1. May 14, 2011 / 11:43 am

OMG :!: Sakura dango looks so delicious :yayforyay:

2. May 14, 2011 / 11:46 am

Beautiful sakura! I’ll admit though, I’m really loving the food… looks so beautiful (and delicious)!

3. Cat
    May 14, 2011 / 12:41 pm

Beautiful pictures!! and the food!! I would love to see and teaste everything.

4. May 14, 2011 / 12:56 pm

That mochi…drooooooool.

5. May 14, 2011 / 1:12 pm

The sakura cake looks sooo good :hearts: :hearts:
    I wish the time for sakura could be longer, it already feels like it was so long ago :sage:
    Lovely photos! :sunny:

6. May 14, 2011 / 1:16 pm

Haha basically only Sakuramochis are missing :) *laughs*
    Gosh, how I love japanese cherry blossoms. Makes me wanna go to Kyoto again when it’s April :hearts:

7. May 14, 2011 / 2:42 pm

wonderful pics. *-* <3

8. May 14, 2011 / 5:36 pm

Gorgeous photos! The dango looks amazingggg :upani:

9. May 14, 2011 / 6:29 pm

~ * ♥ * ~

Wahh! :yayforyay: :hearts2: Beautiful pictures and the food is making me hungry… The mochi dango looks soo fabulous! *o* I love how the blossoms are celebrated with everything all over Japan. > w <

xox,
    bonita of Depict This!
    ~ * ♥ * ~

10. May 14, 2011 / 7:23 pm

Aw your post makes me so happy! It’s lifted my spirits ^^ I love seeing sakura pictures! Or really any pictures of Japan’s scenery can make me instantly in a good mood! Thank you for sharing!

I love the sakura themed food. too cute!

11. May 14, 2011 / 7:30 pm

Beautiful, love it, wish I could’ve seen it XD

12. alice
    May 14, 2011 / 7:33 pm

i ate that sakura matcha cupcake! delicious :hearts2:

13. May 14, 2011 / 10:15 pm

Some beautiful pictures that show the stunning beauty of the cherry blossoms. I really like the first picture and the vivid pink of the flowers.

Japan Australia

14. May 14, 2011 / 10:43 pm

Wow! I love seeing the Sakura every year! I was happy to be in San Francisco this year when they were blooming.

The picture of the cement “park” is just so bizarre! I wonder how the trees survive like that… it’s just so weird to see!

15. May 14, 2011 / 11:15 pm

I have to admit, I’m not big on sakura flavored stuff because I don’t like cherry unless it’s the fresh fruit, but I love all the pink that comes out in the spring. So cute!

16. Fluff
    May 15, 2011 / 4:03 am

Hello Mitsu! I have a question and I was wondering if you could answer it.
    I love shopping on the internet, but I’m moving to Japan this fall and I would hate to stop buying from the net :cry: I was wondering if you’ve had any experience with internet-shopping while in Japan? :korila: Thank you for your time!

17. May 15, 2011 / 2:55 pm

I’m hungry :roll:
    I hope someday I’ll be able to taste all that beautiful pink food…

18. May 16, 2011 / 6:21 am

Inokashira is my -favorite- place to do hanami! Last year was much better than this year since the wind seemed to take all the blossoms away before I had a free weekend to see them but I definitely liked it a bit better than Yoyogi or Ueno. :3

Gorgeous pictures, too! ♥

19. May 16, 2011 / 7:37 am

omg the sakura mochi dango :hands:
    Thank you for sharing such lovely photos~! :hearts:

20. May 17, 2011 / 12:00 am

the matcha cake looks too nyummy TT_TT

omg dango LOLOL what does it taste like? does it taste like a normal one or like..flowers….?

21. Danielle
    May 17, 2011 / 12:44 am

Hey, I just wanted to let you know that on the mobile phone version of the page the pictures are too big and get cut off

22. May 17, 2011 / 10:45 am

awesome pictures! the sakura food makes me feel like eating them! especially the sakura matcha cake. :heart:

23. May 18, 2011 / 12:24 pm

awesome post!! really makes me miss japan….