Duras for Fall: catalog, exhibition shop staff, hair& makeup, nails

I know it’s usually Photo Friday, but I felt guilty for not talking about a brand this week and being really busy IRL so I’ll delay Photo Friday for later on in the weekend.

For those of you who looked at the Egoist and Titty & Co post and thought URGH too much fall colors. You won’t be feeling that about Duras. It’s the 10th anniversary of Duras this year and they are doing a celebration of being a lady. Chiffons and furs and everything flowy with Bridgette Bardot hair and make-up. Call it classy adult gal.

Duras has been known for being one of the pricier gal brands does at least make it looks seem expensive as well.

DURAS details:
katakana: デュラス
style: adult gal
website: http://www.duras.jp/
number of stores: 23 (3 in Hong Kong)
years around: 10
this season’s concept: New Retro Mood (Emphasis on textural of simple shapes, basic color is beige)
what it’s really this season: Classy adult gal

Concept Images for the Website

Catalog

Elegant chiffon and furs combined with a skinny denim and pumps seems to work. Possibly because of the soft pale colors?

The sheer chiffon dress on the right has been their signature Fall dress.

Plaid doesn't seem to show up in a lot of brands this winter, but the short sorts combined with high boots and berets should do well in Japan's winter season.

Pleat trend with soft sweater is a look that a lot of brands are doing from Mercury Duo to Murua to Cecil (usually not in pants however).

Many models were trying on this $500.00 coat on at the exhibition.

Thick fur cuffs will be popular this season coats.

The left with short boots, floppy hat, loose sweater and skirt has been in lots of catalogs. It's also an easy look to do with overseas brands!

Pussybow blouses are quite popular this season as are small satchels.

Exhibition

These pictures were taken from different model and personality blogs who went to the exhibition. Again camera ‘shop apps are the bane of good in person pictures.  :worries:

Floppy hats an fedoras were on display as well as tasseled satchels with chain scarf details.

Hair and Make-up

Like any major gyaru store, Duras held an event for shop staff heads to show the brand’s hair and make-up trends.

Make-up

The actual meeting with a hair model in the center.

According to Duras Director, Maki Kudo, the Fall palette would focus on adult-style nude colors.

:stars: MAC Mineralize blush in WARM SOUL

:stars: MAC lipstick in PARTY LINE

:stars: MAC Plushglass in WILDLY LUSH

Hair

Hairstyle is retro with lots of volume and often in a 1/2 up style.

They also all seem to be in varying light brown circle lens. Bangs that long would drive me crazy though  :worry:

Coordinates

Duras does not seem to have any staff blogs, but they do have blogs for Visual Staff Lisa Onodera and Director Maki Kudo who is the wonderful face of Duras.

Lisa Onodera

Lisa focuses mostly on dresses with loafer pumps and hair is half back with a scarf.

Finally long nails on an adult gal (who isn't a hostess!). I may not be a square nail fan, but I do love how she uses the length for creating lovely adult gal looks.

Maki Kudo

Maki has mostly focusing on tall boots with shorts. She also pulls back her hair and does the Bardot middle part high bump. She's got to have some of the best blonde hair I've seen on a gal in a while.

Maki's more typical adult gel nails focusing on design.

I hope you enjoyed the Duras for Fall primer. Are you a fan or not? Like Dazzlin’ I really love how much information again they put out. :up:

Hope you ladies who made it through will have a happy weekend and stay safe my Eastern seaboard ladies :hearts3:

Share:

1. August 26, 2011 / 2:17 pm

Am I kind of surprised I really love this? :love: It’s SUCH a difference from the super bold colours & patterns of MURUA, yet I am really digging the neutrals & the way they complement all the chiffon & soft feminine details~
    Thank you also for sharing what makeup they’re using~ I really need to get to a MAC counter, stat :yayforyay:

2. August 26, 2011 / 2:50 pm

So simple! I’m really liking it because these items could be staple items that any one could build upon! :hearts2:

3. August 26, 2011 / 3:58 pm

:hearts2: Oh gosh, anything that combined ‘fur’ and ‘elegant/classy styles’ always win my heart. I saw Duras ad in the most recent issue of Happie Nuts and was really intrigued by it. I had never heard of them before I got the Happie Nuts issue, and I’m happy that you did this write up on them! I really love this style and it really is so gorgeous. I’m not digging the skinny jeans with that glamorous top + fur overthrow, but maybe black jeans would be better suited in my own opinion :worries:

Thanks for this! :korila:

4. Dollilashes
    August 26, 2011 / 11:10 pm

Wow! So amazing. I love the fur with the lace! It is so romantic!! Thanks for all the inforomation:)

5. August 27, 2011 / 12:17 am

Maki is so cuteeee! Duras has always had wonderful onepieces! They’re just really pricy D:

6. August 27, 2011 / 12:27 am

wow! I love their fall catalog!! Everything is feminine yet cute in a way~ So many things I wanna buy :x Love lisa’s nails! And love Maki’s coordinates! Really enjoyed this post! thanks for all the info! :korila:

7. Mizuko
    August 27, 2011 / 1:30 am

yup- definatly likeing Dura’s look more than the others. The fur made me *squick* a bit but some of those coordonates look fab!! deff. going to be enjoying my fall look this year~

8. August 27, 2011 / 1:35 am

oh my goodness, maki’s gold-rimmed nails are to die for!
    the duras catalog is also a thing of beauty

9. Hezty Lovartz
    August 27, 2011 / 6:18 am

Kirei… thanks for this article, Mitsu-chan ^_^V :heart:

10. August 27, 2011 / 6:43 am

oooh, LOVE the look!!
    i wanna learn how to do my hair with the curly bit at the front like that!! :hearts:

11. August 27, 2011 / 10:46 am

wow! I am so loving this look! I love the sexy yet neutral french chic palette and the addition of japanese style flair into the whole thing! it’s a winner!!!!

12. August 27, 2011 / 11:33 am

I love it to the max!! The other brands’ winter collections haven’t appealed to me much but this, this is definitely right up my alley! Love the sleek french style that isn’t too fussy, and love the loose curls done to the hair, so sexy but not rigid. Gotta practise doing hair like them now!

13. August 28, 2011 / 8:54 am

The clothes are lovely but the make-up/hair is what blew me away. Gorgeous :hearts:

September 3, 2011 / 8:36 am

Yes! I just feel like that impact of their make-up and hair just takes the look to amazing!

14. August 29, 2011 / 6:28 pm

thanks a lot mitsu for this post :heart: omg id die to get a volume hair and bangs like them T__T mine always look so flat after a few hours T_____T so gorgeous!

September 3, 2011 / 8:19 am

I’m so impressed by their hair as well, how gorgeous is that volume!