Photo Friday: Kyoto Avanti Gal Mall Pictures

I’ve been to Kyoto twice previously but both times I was doing what –Japanese and foriegn– tourists do in Kyoto, they go to temples and stay at ryokan. However, my main goal for that vacation was to see gal where I hadn’t seen it before so I went to to Kyoto for 4 hours and hung out at the nearby gal mall.

Kyoto Avanti (http://kyoto-avanti.com/) is a mostly gal mall connected to the central Kyoto train station by an underground tunnel. I was lucky enough to come the day of its renewal and opening of several new gal floors (as you’ll see by the grand opening bouquets)

Straight out the central station you'll walk to the left and see the underground passage

Which saves you from having to walk the busy street to this monster.

Their grand opening image.

Showing all the new stores coming on several floors.

The underground entrance to Kyoto Avanti

The crazy Engrish that's on the center entrance pole.

Cecil McBee showing off their sunny looks.

The welcoming bouquets for Moussy bought by celebrities and models. You can see the Tsuchiya Anna one in the top right.

A shop staff setting up the Moussy store.

Egoist chose a small space for their Kyoto store.

Lip Service Generation is the new budget store by Lip Service. A lot of similar clothing, but often more basics and cheap sets.

Heaven and Earth stores always look awesome. To the left is the mug novelty for the opening of the store.

The fabulous Soul Sister x Mode look they're promoting.

Shoppers walking around. The left looks to be in blogger/Egoist style.

More from the grand opening next week in Photo Friday and how many people attended :up:

1. August 19, 2011 / 10:02 am

Fabulous photos, as always! :hearts: I agree, the Heaven and Earth setup looks awesome~
    I thought the Engrish on the centre entrance sign was kinda cute, haha!! :yayforyay:

2. August 19, 2011 / 10:12 am

I looove the look of Heaven and Earth! So exciting!

It’s awesome to see pictures of Gal Malls else where in Japan :yayyay:

3. August 19, 2011 / 10:16 am

Nice photos! :stars: I’ve only been to Kyoto a couple times, but I’ve never seen Avanti. I hope I can check it out sometime :)
    Looking forward to the second half :hands:

4. August 19, 2011 / 11:42 am

Wow~! I love the malls in Japan! I never been to Avanti, hopefully I will be about to visit the lip serivce shop! :hearts2:

5. August 19, 2011 / 2:09 pm

I love the top with the navy bow from lipservice generation. I wish they’d sell egoist stuff here in the philippines!

6. August 19, 2011 / 2:35 pm

Lovely pictures! I love the shop staff and the manicans! I wish I could just get all the looks off of them! :hearts:

7. August 19, 2011 / 6:41 pm

Ah your gyaru photos from the Kansai region always make me so regret not knowing anything about gyaru brands when I went there 2 years ago, what a waste haha. But this mall looks great, Lip Service, Egoist, Moussy!

8. August 19, 2011 / 9:00 pm

lol at the engrish!!
    I do like the soulxsister look they’re promoting! im in between places with retro girly and rokku =.= retro girly tho im comfy with them, i find it so mainstream…. I want to see more gal malls ,mitsu! thank you for this awesome post <3

9. Cas
    August 20, 2011 / 9:03 am

Huh, a shirt that says “alcohol & cigarettes & dreams” ? I’m not sure but I think that where I live, no-one could sell those in public stores :up: That’s propably one of the reasons why one like that would be awesome heh :smiley: ps. Keep up this awesome work, I love reading your blog posts. Gal brands are soooo inspirating! :loveword:

10. August 20, 2011 / 11:51 am

wheee!!!! I love it when you take pics, gives me the cheap thrill of seeing sights I currently can’t quite afford to see for myself! And ur right, I’m one of those guilty tourists who think of going to kyoto as going to temples, ryokan, geishas and stuff sooo tourist-y!

I like the pussy bow shirt at Lip Service Generation, and I recognise the Glad News rib cage hoodie that I’m lusting after in the background of your shoppers pic >.<!!! Thanks for the lovely pics again!

11. August 21, 2011 / 8:03 pm

Great post!
    I love to spy in malls hehe

12. August 21, 2011 / 10:21 pm

aw i live 10 minutes away from kyoto eki and yes i always go into avanti for inspiration :)

13. August 23, 2011 / 1:27 am

omg i’m actually visiting my friend (juvy) she commented above ~ this December – i’m sooo going there!!! :kumatan: thanks for the inspiration! :D it’s my motivation to save more money now.. LOL