Photo Sunday – Kyoto Avanti Gal Mall Pictures #2

Part two of pictures from the grand floor opening in Kyoto Avanti (in Kyoto of course).

In these shots there’s some more shops and then then pictures of the big opening event. The event was obviously planned before the Great Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami, but they tried their best to celebrate and raise money.

Glad News shop staff.

Their awesome shiny skull sweater for the Spring/Summer.

Many bouquets were like this, instead of offering shop congratulations for opening they decided to go with country solidarity.

The Grand Opening Event

The best shot I could get of the hair show and I was going down an escalator. The show seemed to be mostly about hair. I didn

I was there for the hair styling, but not the mini fashion show. SHUCKS!

Next to hair styling stations they had donation boxes. Which were common everywhere in Japan.

The crowds were quite enormous. Kyoto Avanti is set up more like an American Mall with a central area that is visible from floors up. All the other gal malls in Tokyo, Osaka, Shizuoka & Nagoya etc don

It

Next week’s Photo Friday I’m unsure what to do. Food? Traditional Japan? Travel pictures? More gyaru malls? Or something random? …Please let me know :butterfly:

1. August 28, 2011 / 10:06 am

It still brings back so much emotion to see the Pray for Japan bouquets~ I really admired their spirit to keep going in spite of what happened. Japan is so amazing :heart2:
    As for next week’s Photo Friday~ I vote for something random, haha! I’m sure you can come up with something we’ll enjoy :wink:

September 3, 2011 / 8:32 am

I feel the same way. It puts you right back into that moment where it was so devastating and for many families it still is.

I have just the right random post I’ll put up soon, it puts the crazy in random!

2. August 28, 2011 / 10:47 am

yeah! i live in kyoto and i’ve noticed the all natural hair colored girls here too ^______^

September 3, 2011 / 8:31 am

YAY! I’m so glad you said this as well. I felt maybe I was stereotyping a bit too much. Kyoto is such a lovely city, I wish I explored it more than the regular tourist stuff. I am sure it’s very different otherwise :D

3. August 28, 2011 / 1:11 pm

Oh yeah it def looks like an american mall. I never saw a set-up like this anywhere, I agree! ^^ love the GLAD NEWS photos haha :hearts2:

I’d love to see a combination of all of those for your next posts! :yayyay:

September 3, 2011 / 8:25 am

Isn’t that weird! I am shocked they picked that set-up, it’s not very space saving.

I’ll work on all of them then! Thanks for the suggestion :D

4. August 28, 2011 / 9:56 pm

Love the GLAD NEWS setup! :D So many skulls 8)

September 3, 2011 / 8:25 am

Hehehe they do love their skulls, don’t they!

5. Mizuko
    August 28, 2011 / 10:12 pm

Mrow~ really Digging Glad News’ store :0 looks lovely
    Again, I’m totally digging the fall fashions so far :0

September 3, 2011 / 8:23 am

Glad News store looks so different from the other stores now that I’m looking at it again, it really stands out!

September 3, 2011 / 8:22 am

I’ll try to do some food posts then! :D

6. August 29, 2011 / 3:57 am

I loved the Jackets from Skinny Lip. Do they have an online blog or shop?

September 3, 2011 / 8:22 am

I do not think Skinny Lip has a shop, but I think they have a blog. Rii over at utsukushiigal is a fan, you’ll get the best information from her!

7. August 29, 2011 / 8:23 am

Skinny lips caught my attention right away!! I love GLAD NEWS but I don’t really care for the skulls and skeletons everywhere…

Definitely food pictures for next Friday!!

September 3, 2011 / 8:20 am

I’ll work on something food related soon, then!

Skinny Lip is really cool, it’s similar to DIA but a bit cheaper I think.

I do think sometimes GN relies on skulls too much, but they do have a lot that isn’t so typical.