Several new 109 stores for Fall

It’s time again for 109 stage to begin as well as other shops to open. There’s so many this year, I can’t honestly be sure which one had gone. Nine new stores now for Fall in 109, which means nine had to leave. Such a turnover. Of course one of those is w♥c which left to open its own stand-alone store in Shibuya.

The list of new stores is:
:star: Garula
:star: 3rd by Vanquish
:star: Pinza
:star: Ungrid
:star: Gyda
:star: Chariot
:star: Repipi Armario
:star: Moohoop by Spinns
:star: Club KT Shibuya

I already discussed Garula (ガルラ) But it just recently opened at 109, as did 7 others. Let’s take a look and find out as much as we can about the rest. Ungrid and Gyda will be in the next post. 3rd by Vanquish will be after that!

Pinza
ピンザ

website: http://www.pinza.co.jp/
webstore: http://store.pinza.co.jp/
blog: http://ameblo.jp/pinzachan
style: lifestyle brand featuring adult-cute clothing

Pinza considers itself a lifestyle brand. They consider their brand a total body concept: food, beauty and fashion. Pinza Salon in Shibuya is a place where fashion models and bloggers visit. They even have a professional cameraman to come and take pictures of lady get togethers (Jouseikai are actually all lady meet-ups for food or drink).

Pinza’s fall theme is “SECRET OF THE BOURGEOISIE” with the image of a lady in Paris in the 1950s.

Their two Fall looks they gave to Tokyu for their press release.

They had a booth at the recent Tokyo Girls Collection. All the girls look quite adult-cute style.

One of their summer looks they sold on-line which looks quite cute with the bowtie.

Shibuya 109 opening

How the store currently looks on the 6th floor.

At their opening for the first 50 people they are giving them pink gold and diamond necklaces. How fancy!

If you spend over 10500 yen you get this eco bag and.... a chance to be entered for a trip to Paris. HOW NICE!

I’m most curious about Pinza Salon. I love lady get togethers so maybe I’ll try to plan one there when I get back to Tokyo.
Pinza salon address is: 東京都渋谷区神山町9-6

Not too far away from 109 for a lovely women’s meet-up.

The nutty bunny is their mascot and they sell phone straps and such with it on it. It's a bit too nutty for me...

:wink: M’s verdict: Aimed at a similar age range as Rojita and looking a lot like Rojita, I question this a bit. It seems they have a good core group from Pinza Salon. However, Rojita closed a store recently (Shinsaibashi Osaka OPA), which makes me wonder how popular this look is right now.

Chariot
チャリオット

number of stores: 1

website: not yet
concept: Mode and Elegance styling, with . A retro modern taste along with Adult cute mode casual styling.
aimed at an older audience: 25-35

No real information on this brand. It does have esperanza and r&e and kobe randa to back it up, so it’s a corporation trying to break into the clothing business.

:wink: M’s verdict: I know nothing! I’m happy for more mode stores, but I don’t think many stores succeed unless they have a strong on-line presence.

Repipi Armario
レピピアルマリオ

number of stores: 14 (one finally in 109)
website: http://www.repipiarmario.jp/index.html
blog: http://www.repipiarmario.jp/blog/
brand theme description: Trend items with basic aims mixed as well as American Cute style. Amekaji and Yurukaji are the base items. POP fun goods will be sold as well.

autumn collection: Playful pop & colorful fushion
what it really is: amekaji aimed at teens

Here’s a few of their looks from their website:

Did you see the prices? They’re so good!

Really cute looks from their shop staff from their four stores.

Repipi Armario’s blog also shows a lot of fans who come by and shop.

That’s such a great idea for a store aimed at teens, I can imagine the girls above are so touched to be on their brand’s blog.

Do you see how much of them have black hair and barely any make-up? How the shop staff look different? That’s how most teen girls shopping at casual stores look. Are they gal? They’re shopping at a soon to be 109 store.

These girls probably idolize the more extreme looks, but most schools don’t allow hair dying or make-up. Repipi also started in smaller cities (other than Osaka), so this is how many small town girls look.

They have a really cute mascot called Meganeko (megane + neko). You can buy plushies of him.  :up:

Cute items for teen girls.

:wink: M’s verdict: A really cute casual brand with great prices. This is a definite teen brand and it understands its clients. I hope for good things for it. Garula items did mostly sell out on the 109 webstore recently, so some girls have the money for those $150.00 denim shorts.

Moohoop by Spinns
ムーフープ バイ スピンズ

Press release talk: Popular Harajuku store Spinns is opening an lady’s store. Pieces will be real item casual, gal and import along with used and remake items. It’s a mix of styles. At times there will be fashion icons, models and singers collaborative items. Also several events are planned.

Moohoop mentioned that they plan to collaborate with Tsubasa Matsuwaka, Capsule and Kyari Paymu Paymu.

They plan to introduce this Harajuku like concept into gal 109 (their words) and it’s aimed at middle school girls.

Suzu at the Moohoop exhibition with some remake and used items.

Their press release image showing an extremely inexpensive coordinate.

Tokyofashion.com was invited to photograph the items so I’m not really going to talk about it much (from the Spinns blog), but head over there if you’re curious!

Club KT Shibuya
クラブ ケーティ 渋谷

stores: 1 (109 8th floor stage store)
yahoo news story: http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20110817-00000030-minkei-l13

Hello Kitty, My Melody and Litle Twin Sister character items will be sold. The idea is a teen place meant to resemble a club. There will be DJ events.

:wink: M’s verdict: How awesome is that logo? Near SBY which sells small goods, this should put in some competition. Plus who doesn’t love DJ Hello Kitty. Now play me some saike! :happydance:

So many new stores with lots of varied concepts and for varied ages. I’m glad to see even more stores in 109 and hope for the best!

Share:

1. September 8, 2011 / 3:18 pm

None of these really caught my attention… Which is kind of sad, but I was never into the cute, frilly type of clothings.

I’m REALLY excited about Club KT Shibuya! How COOL is that? I hope they stay open long enough for me to visit in 2012!!! :happydance:

September 8, 2011 / 4:19 pm

It’s not sad at all! You know what you like, which is perfect! There’s 3 more clothing stores to look at and two are definitely no frills, so I’m sure you’ll find a new store to look at.

It should be neat, although I’m unsure how much more than a character store it’ll be.

• September 9, 2011 / 5:52 am

Is Gyda one of them? I’m reaaally looking forward to reading more on this new one! It looks great so far! Hopefully I won’t be too disappointed :worry:

2. Phoebe
    September 8, 2011 / 4:03 pm

Moohoop really caught my attention here! I’m someone who loves both gyaru and harajuku street fashion so it makes me happy to see a brand who’s going to try and mix the two together.

September 8, 2011 / 4:18 pm

Honestly I think that is how a lot of gyaru fashion is moving to. Not exclusively, but I think there is a lot more blending going on within gyaru, like we saw with the birth of mode. Since the prices are so good I bet Moohoop will do okay!

3. September 8, 2011 / 5:24 pm

Awesome post!!! :heartshake:
    I had heard of some brands but not others, models have blogged alot about Garula I noticed
    Thanks for the introduction to Repipi Armario, I love what I’ve see
    The Meganeko is so cute too :busy:

4. September 8, 2011 / 7:34 pm

HK dj !!! So cute ! I miss shopping in Japan so much >< I'm hoping to go next year but I haven't bought any magazines or anything in a while.. I only get updates through blogs ! Love these kinds of posts from you ^0^

5. September 9, 2011 / 12:38 am

if you organize a pinza meet, i wanna go!!! the clothes aren’t really my style though…

6. September 9, 2011 / 4:00 am

Wow, such fun looking new stores! I really want a Meganeko, that’s always been a joke with my husband and I. I hope they all do well!

7. September 9, 2011 / 4:10 am

I love the looks by Pinza…so retro girly chic! I wanna go to club kt!!! the hello kitty dj looks awesome!

8. September 9, 2011 / 10:42 am

Pinza looks really nice, love the shop’s exterior, very cosy chic and definitely a place I can imagine having a light lunch at. I was bit skeptical about Club KT initially since I’ve never been a fan of Hello Kitty, but the DJ Hello Kitty makes it look so cool!

The lack of info on Chariot is making me wonder how’s it gonna be like, hope you’ll get more info soon! ;P

9. September 9, 2011 / 3:04 pm

Thanks for your post! I’ve had a hard time finding Japanese stores and I’m usually a fan of the styling on their websites. I checked out Pinza and I really like it!

10. September 10, 2011 / 12:01 pm

Repipi Armario reminds me of w♥c lite, haha :yayforyay: & yes, Pinza definitely reminds me of ROJITA~

11. Laura
    September 10, 2011 / 12:03 pm

Interesting!
    By the way, Repipi armario made my day haha. Both words are spanish (at least I recognize them in my language) and, although the position of the words isn’t grammatically correct, they mean “twee closet” in english haha :mrgreen: I love when they use spanish words to name their brands! the results sometimes are hilarious :yayforyay:

12. September 14, 2011 / 11:13 am

The last one with Hello Kitty seems the only promising store, really, haha. I hope they will play Saike too, thought I doubt it will stand out much, huh? Maybe Chariot will be interesting too…
    Your blog is awesome by the way :D Always great informations and pictures~

13. Hana
    September 18, 2011 / 3:42 pm

Hey! Long time no see, I really wish I could go to the Pinza Salon with you in Tokyo, it would be such a fun girly day…alas. Also, Pinza…really? I keep wanting to type pizza.

That last shop with the hello kitty & club concept sounds awesome!! I would have been so into that if I was a teen.

14. Hana
    September 18, 2011 / 3:43 pm

ps. Yay for you covering all the new shops etc (as you always do) since I am too lazy to follow on my own time right now & am not there to visit myself. xoxo keep up the fabulous blogging…