Belated Photo Friday: Hiroshima Gyaru Stores

On my earthquake flee vacation in March I went to Nagoya to Kyoto to Osaka then to Hiroshima. Hiroshima was my last big city in the south to see (other than going to Okinawa) :) . I’ve also already been to Fukuoka. Hiroshima gal was very small.

For a city the size of Hiroshima (the 10th largest city or 7th if you exclude Yokohama, Kanagawa and Saitama as Tokyo annexes) I was a bit disappointed there wasn’t more. :worries: However there was SOME to be had  :up: I would say of the gals I saw the style was more like Kyoto with more black hair and wearing styles that were a few months out of cycle.

A sparkly ad targeted towards a dating site. They usually hire gyaru models for these.

The place with gal stores in Hiroshima is Parco. It's located behind the mainstreet Parco in an annex.

Mamas in front of a crepe truck.

Young gals eating their crepes.

The set-up in front of the Parco annex.

For the first few floors there's clothing like this. More adult style relax brands.

Another adult brand.

On the 3rd floor finally there's signs of gal life. Roomy's is the collective store for Spiral Girl, Royal Party, Royal Party Muse Muse, and Miia

Inside Roomy's

Cecil McBee had a sizeable store here.

Mercury Duo

I liked this Neon sign for Moussy.

Sly's novelty item of a welcome mat is awesome! They have a SLY home store which does kooky items like this.

It's quite dark in front of Rienda which has so many stores and loyal fan base. I'll be talking about it in detail later this week.

My favorite photo of the bunch, in front of a discount gal store.

Rodeo Crowns never seems to change their set-up from city to city, but it's quite a nice set-up.

The lone gyaruo store in Hiroshima: Buffalo Bobs.

1. October 1, 2011 / 10:28 am

:kumatan: wow you’ve been to a lot of different areas of japan, how fun! thanks for sharing and featuring the gal parts of each city. it’s interesting how you mention that hiroshima is a few months behind and also having majority black hair, was it the same as it was in kyoto? that’s where i will be going in December..

that crepe truck is so cute and pink! and i love that lips welcome mat in front of the sly store!

2. October 1, 2011 / 12:15 pm

Ooh how awesome! I didn’t know Hiroshima had a hidden treasure like this :worries:

Yeah it is a good size Cecil store! The one in Nagoya is kind of like, more wide but not too much of a walking space inside, in my own opinion :^_^;;:

I like that neon sign too! :smiley:

3. October 1, 2011 / 1:29 pm

Wow! The travailing to Japan is so fun! Young gals seem to have dark hair ^^ Hahaha it seems only models have very bleached hair!

4. October 1, 2011 / 5:46 pm

:heart2:
    Wow, Japan seems so nice. I love your photo Fridays! :korila:

5. October 1, 2011 / 11:04 pm

Hiroshima is not a bad place for shopping but cannot compare to Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto. The Parco is nice and has quite a few stores :)

Japan Australia

6. October 2, 2011 / 2:41 pm

SWEET.B looks nice & I love that SLY welcome mat, haha! :up:

7. October 3, 2011 / 5:38 am

I find it interesting how there isn’t as much gal as you travel further down south of Tokyo! Have you been to Hokkaido? I’d be curious to see what it’s like up there…

Do you find it’s frowned upon to take pictures of shops in Japan? I didn’t dare to take many of them while I was in Tokyo, it was my first time so I didn’t want to get kicked out of anywhere on my first visit but when I go back I’d like to take more pics of the many shops I plan on visiting!

8. October 4, 2011 / 10:43 pm

omg i love crepes :korila:

i want to visit the cecil mcbee store :mrgreen: the lady in the store has really skinny legs too O__O” haha sorry for such a random observation~ XD