Photo Friday: Hiroshima Nightlife Part I

During my stay in Hiroshima I decided to walk back from Hiroshima Parco to my hotel instead of taking the train. I found some nighttime haunts on my way and took pictures. My camera isn’t the best at night, and the rain made that more of a pickle. Sorry! :worries:

Some of these places are hostess or sex clubs, but these places are everywhere in Japan so do not think of Hiroshima any different. I just ended up taking these photos in Hiroshima when many of these shots could be in Tokyo, Osaka or elsewhere.

That’s half of them and then I have another half for another Photo Friday. Just a note, that hostess dress place PB-1 is the largest and fanciest I’ve ever seen :o Also the one host billboard was the only one I saw. I’m curious if host clubs aren’t as big in Hiroshima or I was just on the wrong streets :worries:

1. October 7, 2011 / 8:05 pm

I would be tempted to go to a host club when I go on my trip but I think I’d feel humiliated LOL. (Also I must be tired, I read “Hiroshima Nightmare” first. :worry: )

I love your photo posts. They make me super excited to go over there even though it won’t be until next fall. ;_;

• Phoebe
      October 7, 2011 / 8:37 pm

O.O I actually didn’t realize it said ‘nighttime’ until I saw your comment. FAIL OTL I must be really tired as well :worries:

I also have the same thoughts about host clubs as you. I really want to go into one to experience it but at the same time it feels weird to be doing that sort of thing :^_^;;:

Anyways, lovely photos Mitsu! I really love all the street pictures you take :>

October 10, 2011 / 12:19 pm

hahaha thankfully it wasn’t a nightmare :D

It is extremely awkward the first time going there, but after that you get a bit used to it.

Happy to share!!

October 10, 2011 / 12:20 pm

It’s not at all humiliating! It’s the host’s job to make you feel comfortable so they better do it!

2. October 7, 2011 / 10:21 pm

I absolutely LOVE nighttime shots, especially in Japan or NYC :heart: Thank you for sharing!

October 10, 2011 / 12:17 pm

I love them too! I wish my camera did a better job at them and I’d take more of them D:

3. October 8, 2011 / 12:05 am

“the night that can’t be forgotten comes” is one of my favorites, omg XDD I was giggling for a few minutes over that!! :smiley: Thanks for sharing! I just love seeing photos of Japan, makes me miss it even more so D:

• October 8, 2011 / 8:55 pm

I was reading that one and was thinking “Hmm… Love hotel? :D”

October 10, 2011 / 12:11 pm

hahaha and yet it’s not, it’s a hostess club ^^ But the title would so fit!

October 10, 2011 / 12:16 pm

hahaha yes!! The color scheme is wonderful too hahaha

Yeah I get a bit nostalgic looking at these, too. >_<

4. October 8, 2011 / 12:31 am

Some great shots and Japan actually comes alive at night. I love the mazes of blazing neon lights, tiny street stalls, bars complete with karaoke boxes, and the amazing pub food of yakitori and izakaya.

Japan Australia

October 10, 2011 / 12:14 pm

I am always impressed how wonderfully lit up Japan at night is!

5. October 8, 2011 / 4:20 am

Nice shots! The city still has the feeling of a smaller city (than Tokyo or Osaka), or maybe that’s just what it feels like to me.
    I had trouble finding host club billboards in Osaka as well! Maybe people have a different view on them then in Tokyo (where hosts are almost celebreties). Although there’s a lot of them in for example Osaka, they are kind of hidden and not presented openly… At least to me, and I was looking for them on two of trips there haha :sage:

October 10, 2011 / 12:14 pm

Thank you!

Yes it’s definitely a smaller city. I saw very few host billboards in Osaka, too. However, wow! The host clubs are so huge and amazing there! Much fancier than Tokyo’s nicest I think.

6. October 8, 2011 / 7:31 am

“The night that cannot be forgotten comes” wahehehehe its a good marketing slogan, works for me XD XD
    Thank you for sharing nice photos, everything is so interesting ~

October 10, 2011 / 12:13 pm

hahaa it’s so wonderfully english yet engrish!

Happy to share!