Photo Week: Hiroshima Nighttime Part II

I’m really busy this week with packing, friends’ birthdays & last minute errands so this will be Photo Week & hopefully a Trendwatching thrown in as well.

The second part to more pictures of Hiroshima at night. It was a chilly rainy night so many people stayed indoors which I think adds to the lonely atmosphere of these shots. Or maybe I’m just waxing poetic. :worries:

In entertainment districts especially most buildings have several clubs inside them. I like to call them hostess hives. :wink: The beer vending machine was probably the 3rd I had seen in Japan. They’re not that popular. At least I don’t think they’re as popular in larger cities, maybe in small towns?

And “Virgin Road” made me lol a little :roll:

1. October 17, 2011 / 1:40 pm

Totally feeling the ‘lonely atmosphere’ too & loving it :heart2:

October 18, 2011 / 9:20 am

hehehee I was so cheesy and waxing poetic :)

2. October 17, 2011 / 3:38 pm

OH GOSH there are SO many! XDDD;;; I never really expected Hiroshima to really have this kind of area, but I guess you learn something new everyday! :worries: LOL at Virgin Road :curiousmo:

Aw well I hope you don’t stress out too much before leaving to Japan. Take care of yourself! :butterfly:

October 18, 2011 / 9:20 am

HAHHA Soooo many! Well I think that area has a small stronghold of yakuza so they’re fronting the money for a lot of these clubs. Or laundering money through them. So I guess that helps?

I’ll try, but as you know, pre-trip is always fret-fret-fret >_<

3. October 17, 2011 / 6:20 pm

Wow… looks so serene and romantic! Thank you for all the wonderful pictures!

October 18, 2011 / 9:18 am

Happy to share!

4. christine
    October 17, 2011 / 10:37 pm

how does a beer vending machine work? :rila:

October 18, 2011 / 9:18 am

Same as a coke one! Nothing really different :) I don’t think they require ID. At least the only one I used didn’t.

5. October 17, 2011 / 11:16 pm

Wow I’m loving the atmosphere of these shots. The kind of remind me of Shin Megami Tensei games, I don’t know why hahah :thumb:

October 18, 2011 / 9:17 am

It is kind of a whole mood isn’t it. It’s weird how rainy nights work well at portraying that :D

6. October 18, 2011 / 2:23 am

Some more great shots of the night life in Japan. Beer vending machines are usually all over the place in Japan.

Japan Australia

October 18, 2011 / 9:17 am

I’ve only seen a few. I don’t think they’re very popular in Tokyo at least in the bigger areas. I always see them next to mom and pop stores that sell a little bit of everything.

7. October 18, 2011 / 5:40 am

Virgin Road is also the name of one of Ayumi Hamasaki’s song on her LOVE SONGS album that came out last year :happydance:

October 18, 2011 / 9:15 am

Ooo I didn’t know that! Hmmm I wonder if they based it off of AYU or it opened before that. I bet it’s AYU who was first tho :D

8. October 18, 2011 / 10:06 am

Great photos! They do have a really moody feel to them :rain:
    I love the funny names some of the hostess and host clubs have :)

9. October 19, 2011 / 8:04 pm

It is never dark at night! I am amazed by Japan all the time!

October 19, 2011 / 9:44 pm

hehee well when I lived in a very small area on a local train line on the egde of Tokyo it got decently dark and rare things were 24 hours. I think one of the most amazing things about Japan is how different city and country life becomes at night.

10. Chiaso
    October 23, 2011 / 6:51 am

:hearts: Super cute! c:
    I hope you had fun, and didn’t go there and just took picture only~ :heartsmile:
    :cheery:

October 23, 2011 / 8:34 am

hehehee of course I did! I just like taking pictures as memories. They’re my souvenirs since I couldn’t really afford any.

11. October 26, 2011 / 9:57 pm

HAHAHA I swear I walked past the same board with that giant list of all the hostess clubs inside the building (picture after the bishoujo gakuen picture)!!! I remember staring at it and bursting out into laughter with my friends haha.

October 27, 2011 / 6:54 pm

Hahaha it’s really a small world!!