Duras, Liz Lisa, Tralala – Hiroshima and Nagoya edition

Since Hiroshima was a city I’d never been to I was so excited to check out the city and how gal was. Admittedly I was a bit downhearted by the reaction I’d received there. Honestly most didn’t know how to deal with foreigners in their store since it was a bit harder to get there and a few floors up. I’ve heard from others that Hiroshima is extremely nice, but honestly I can’t feel that way. Especially not after the warm hearted way I’d been treated in Nagoya and Osaka. :worries:

Duras – Hiroshima Parco

While the lace dress didn’t suit me as much it really shined on the shop staff on the left. I love their butterfly belt trend. Everything like usual from Duras feels a bit Bridget Bardot and I can’t help but love that. Great paisley and lace help out the nice 1970s retro feel.

The shop staff on the right’s simple acrylic nails. A nude feminine look that really suits Duras clothing.

Liz Lisa – Hiroshima Parco

Floral, buns and lace from this cute Liz Lisa pair. Both girls have a great eye for style. Admittedly I was drawn to one detail on their outfits.

The socks and sandals combination by Liz Lisa. This will be a big trend within gal. As long as the socks are sheer, in floral or girly colors.

I love the sweet little bouquets on her shoes. Such a way to draw the eye.  :up:

Tralala – Nagoya Passe

I don’t know why I’ve waited to put these girls up on the shop staff photos because they immediately captured my heart. They were so nice. Beyond their way nice.

I originally wandered past their t-shirt display in front and then the girl on the right came to speak to me. She is just so adorable! We talked for 2 hours straight. They were teaching me Nagoya dialect and slang. We also discussed life, boyfriends, old jobs etc… They even recommended me a place for delicious Nagoya food, and it was delicious! One of the best experiences I’ve had in a store, and I’m not even a Tralala fan  :worry:

The girl on the left’s wonderfully simple nails. I forgot how lovely acrylics look just painted one color. Especially when it is such a pop on her monotone outfit. Hot pink seemed to be the color of nail choice for Nagoya girls.

The girl on the left’s sweet nails. I love the cherry detail!

1. October 21, 2011 / 1:01 pm

I always wondered how gyarus can work with such long nails! It is so pretty and amazes me!

October 21, 2011 / 5:15 pm

ehehehe it’s really easy except for change and buttoning things. The rest is pretty normal.

• October 22, 2011 / 5:37 pm

I’ve wondered the same thing ! Is it really that easy? i suppose practice makes perfect xD I have trouble typing on my keyboard with long nails.. it unleashes a horde of typos and I tend to type 100x slower lol. I also wondered how gals deal with inserting an taking out circle lens (or any type of contact lens) with such long nails. How do you do it?

October 23, 2011 / 8:36 am

I think once you live with long nails for a while doing things without them seems so foreign and weird. I definitely wouldn’t blog or such if I could not type the speed I do with long nails.

You put the lens on the fat part of your finger and bend your hand instead of poking your contact in with the tip of your finger. I find that the easiest thing to do with nails.

Tights and change…that’s a whole other story LOL

2. schmetterling
    October 21, 2011 / 1:11 pm

I’m not sure if Daiso keeps the same stock in all of it’s stores, but they had some super cute sheer socks in a dusty pastel pink and mint, and some even had little cherries or flowers on the sheer parts. :korila:

October 21, 2011 / 5:14 pm

Oooo sounds really cute! I don’t have a Daiso nearby but I know others who do would be happy to check them out.

3. October 21, 2011 / 1:55 pm

Awe, that’s too bad that your experience in Hiroshima wasn’t so great :cry: At least you managed to get some nice shots though! I love the Tralala staff-chan’s simple pink acrylics :hearts2:

October 21, 2011 / 5:13 pm

I think just in comparison, maybe if I only went to Hiroshima that trip I’d think differently. I’m not so sure.

That hot pink stays in my mind XD

4. October 21, 2011 / 1:59 pm

I LOVE THOSE HOT PINK NAILS! Now I have ideas for my next nail set!

I had a lot of fun talking with some girls at the Liz Lisa shop at Nagoya Passe Mall, they were so cute and even though they kept trying to get me to buy some stuff (my heart was set on EGOIST and CECIL items haha), they were so nice to talk to! I felt so manly next to them because of how cute they were dressed XDD;;;

October 21, 2011 / 5:12 pm

The more and more I look at them, the more and more I wonder why I always need a design when one color can look so lovely.

I usually just by eyelashes lately from Liz Lisa since they have my favorite pair. :D

5. October 21, 2011 / 2:53 pm

I really like the Duras’ left shop staff’s coord! Makes me want to try out something similar.
    And gotta love all the dots on Tralala’s staff-chans too! :upheart:

Nngh gotta learn how to do acrylics… :x

6. Yan
    October 21, 2011 / 4:21 pm

I’m drawn to the Liz Lisa pair. I wonder why shop staff in the rest of the worlD can’t be this friendsly.
    Thank you for doing more Shop Staff Pictures (´⌣`)v

October 21, 2011 / 5:10 pm

I love their cute posing! Happy to take ones when I can!

7. October 21, 2011 / 5:24 pm

Japanese shop staff are always so fashionable! Thanks for sharing :)

October 23, 2011 / 8:42 am

Happy to share :-D

8. October 21, 2011 / 8:44 pm

Thanks for the staff photos! I um, actually hope the socks +sandals things doesn’t hit on too tough, as I’m not a fan of it, or the ankle socks. :(
    But the Liz Lisa and Tralala girls are so cute! Love those brands!

October 23, 2011 / 8:41 am

hehehe truthfully I never wore it like that. Although I love the ankle socks loafer look and the sweet t-strap heels with socks.

9. October 22, 2011 / 12:17 am

wow liz lisa and tralala staff girls are so adorable!!!!!!! i have the same dress as the liz lisa girl on the left hehe~ XD

October 23, 2011 / 8:39 am

heheheh isn’t it cool to see that! Sometimes it’s depressing because I think it suits shop staff more, but sometimes it’s cool like you mentally high five and think good taste LOL

10. October 22, 2011 / 2:26 am

I love the duras fall style..bridgitte bardot is <3!!! I was super happy when you posted about it before. however the current shop staff pictures ..while the clothes are cute and they look cute too…they fail to capture the bridgitte bardot essence for me this time unlike the previous post.

October 23, 2011 / 8:38 am

These are the Spring looks instead of Fall. I think Spring suits Duras’s color palette better, but I do still like some of the winter items.

11. October 22, 2011 / 2:31 am

Nagoya is great for shopping. There are three main shopping areas: Nagoya Station, Sakae and Osu. Nagoya Station has a huge Takashimaya department store, Sakae is the downtown area full of high street stores and bargain stores (and right by the interestingly-designed Oasis 21 shopping centre), and Osu is the alternative area.

Japan Australia

October 23, 2011 / 8:37 am

It seems I need to explore Nagoya a bit more then!