Photo Friday: The day I stumbled upon a traditional Japanese wedding

Itsukushima Shrine (厳島神社) on Miyajima Island has to be one the most beautiful shrines I’ve been to in Japan but it was made even more lovely by a traditional Shinto wedding ceremony that was going on when I toured it. Scroll over for descriptions or just enjoy :upheart:

My apologies for my typo earlier of Buddhist instead of Shinto. The curse of blogging is you are your own editor and corrections made on the fly. ヽ(´o`;

Share:

1. December 30, 2011 / 3:52 pm

Wow! You got some beautiful shots! I particularly love the ones of the man in the mask in front of the Torii. AMAZING! :hearts2:

And I agree, Miyajima is by far the most beautiful shrine I’ve ever seen to date! …not that I’ve seen that many. :)

Beautiful post, I loved it!

December 31, 2011 / 2:31 pm

It was my most “wa” shot ever in Japan. I just think nothing can top it LOL I’m kind of proud of that LOL

2. December 30, 2011 / 5:21 pm

Some great shots. This is one of the most beautiful places in Japan and a must see on any visit to Hiroshima.

Japan Australia

December 31, 2011 / 2:30 pm

Definitely! Hiroshima really is forgotten when I look at Miyajima and how lovely it was.

3. December 30, 2011 / 6:14 pm

Itsukushima Shrine is so breathtakingly beautiful <3 thank you for sharing!! I've always wanted to visit there some day :3 :superhappy:

December 31, 2011 / 2:30 pm

Happy to share my enjoyment traveling!

4. December 31, 2011 / 8:01 am

it look like some scene that i can get in japanese anime :) love japan <3

December 31, 2011 / 2:28 pm

hehehe it does look a bit surreal doesn’t it

5. January 2, 2012 / 7:57 am

Breathtaking :hearts:

6. January 3, 2012 / 3:15 pm

Beautiful post! It all looks so surreal though! :O

It’s really nice to think that someone would rather have a traditional Japanese wedding as opposed to our highly hyped up modern ones lol it looks like something out of a story book~

7. January 6, 2012 / 3:35 pm

Wow, this is so incredibly beautiful. How lucky for you to stumble upon it! Visiting Japan is one of my goals over the next few years, and these photos of the shrine just convince me that I need to go visit even more!