Confessions of a Schizophrenic Gal Shopper & Spring wishlist

Since buying gyaru fashion back in 2007 my life as well as my tastes have completely changed. Each season I find myself buying either one brand or going haywire with so many different styles that suck to pair together.

Let’s face it. On the gyaru playground Liz Lisa and Ms. Glad News will never be friends.

But that’s my closet right now…. :sage:

Actually this is my closet right now.

Or rather a segment of it.

There’s One*Spo, Love Boat, Glad News, Lip Service, Liz Lisa, Rojita, Murua, Egoist, Emoda and others all smashed together.

It’s like the beginning of a crap prison movie where all these different personalities are shoved together and have to fight it out.

I have become a gyaru shopper with multiple personalities. :worry:

So this season I am finally taking a stand. I’m going to scrap out a lot clothing (weeeee sales! :) ) I’m also going to go with a theme.

And that theme is….

—dramatic drumroll—

web style dramatic white space

Helvetica for POWER!

That’s my one rule. As long as it’s black or suits a mostly black wardrobe, it can come in.

Which means me mostly shoving Liz Lisa under the bus, which kind of sucks. I think Liz Lisa girls are so cute. :korila: I also really think Liz Lisa roomwear is super comfortable! So my nights will still be girly and pink. :up:

However, I’ve found the items of clothing I continue to wear after the season are black or rock influenced. My Glad News items and my Murua black. Some of my w♥c with black as well.

I also am getting slowly into Oraora… although without the tan. :worries: I’m not ready to bacon and age my skin again.

So to make sure I stay honest to my goal of closet happiness and some unity I made a list of current loves, gets, and wants.

Does everything go together? Not exactly, but it’s a lot more cohesive than my above closet and suits me better.

I love black and I’m a rock girl at heart. :smiley:

I bought the UNIF Hellraisers and I’m purchasing the Real MA*RS bits. When the w♥c Parka and Murua stuff restocks I’ll hunt it down as well.

Possibly the wishlist will grow with a bit of DIA that’s black and SkinnyLip in black as well… :heart2:

What about you?

Are you a schizophrenic or do you have a one-style mind?

Are you making any plans to change your Spring wardrobe?

Share:

1. February 12, 2012 / 1:20 pm

Love the Unif’s Please buy me a pair :wink:
    Also the WC parka, agh its perfect!! :yayyay: :kumatan:

February 13, 2012 / 12:21 pm

So so so so so happy they restocked! I thought I was going to miss out on the hellraisers!

Now the wc parka needs to restock! XD

2. February 12, 2012 / 1:30 pm

Oh I’m completey shizophrenic when it comes to cloth. My closet is full of frilly JD, Liza Lisa & La Pafait, next to Cecil McBee’s more rock gyaru stuff and random d.i.a pieces. I never cannot decide on a single style and so I just buy whatever I think might be a good coordinate. Lately I’m also falling in love with W♥C which is yet another completely different corner. But there are so many awesome clothing styles, it’s way to difficult to choose only one!

February 13, 2012 / 12:20 pm

Exactly! It’s so easy to enjoy so many styles, but I would buy things and not wear them again and that became the problem :(

3. February 12, 2012 / 1:45 pm

Hmmm, a little! I’m a LIZ LISA girl for sure but I have some retro and trad gal pieces floating around in my wardrobe. Life is too short to wear only one style! But our closet doesn’t always agree and no one likes clutter.

One thing I guess is when I want to try other styles, to have a go-to outfit/item of that style. Like an agejo dress which can be worn for parties, or an obviously retro-theme sweater which can be paired with (typical) LIZ LISA frilly culottes and long socks for a more retro-girly look. :rila:

PS. I love that MURUA phone case! So blingy! And those hellraisers would look so bad with my style LOL but they’re so fierce~~

:hearts:

February 13, 2012 / 12:19 pm

I think that’s how I feel lately. Clutter! I want a cleaner look! Cleaner look, cleaner mind, cleaner life… maybe…? :)
      Isn’t that Murua phone case so awesome! I really want to get it and feel a bit glamorous when texting :)

4. February 12, 2012 / 1:45 pm

I used to be a schizophrenic shopper as well, but during the last two years I finally managed to put together a rather cohesive wardrobe. When I first fell in love with gyaru, the sweet styles from brands as such as LizLisa and Honey Bunch were extremely appealing to me, but with time I remembered the style I had followed before I began to buy gyaru: It was some sort of Oneegyaru style with a heavy mode influence, if you want to describe it in gyaru terms. Nowadays, my wardrobe is mostly black, brown and grey with some coloured pieces, however mostly jewel tones (wine red, dark green, dark blue etc.). When I buy something, I always think about how I could incorporate it into outfits with things I already own, so I never differ too much from the styles my wardrobe already contains. However, I did not give away all of my sweet stuff, on some days I feel super girly and then I wear all pink around the house, haha :wink:

February 13, 2012 / 12:18 pm

I think that happens a lot for people first getting into gal, liking a extreme brand be it extremely cute or hard or rock and then settling to what’s more everyday to you. I started in Gilfy, which I still love but their style has changed a bit.

I agree! I am sticking to super adorable roomwear that is as pink and girly as can be and then much harder look for the rest of the day or when I remove myself from my house :)

5. February 12, 2012 / 1:47 pm

Oooh, deciding a theme for spring shopping is smart! :superhappy: I should maybe do that too… but I wouldn`t call your (or mine for the matter) wardrobe schizophrenic, rather VERSATILE ;DDD :happydance: One word and it makes such a difference XD

Some days we just want to be delicate and covered with flower pattern, some days we want to rock out in black and studded style! I can`t see what`s wring with that :D :music:

February 13, 2012 / 12:13 pm

ahahah I think I wore the versatile name tag a lot, but now I feel like that versatility makes me want something for one season and never wear it again. After so many years in gal I’ve accured way too many pieces I just wonder why I don’t wear now. ):

6. February 12, 2012 / 1:56 pm

I love the Murua arty shirt! Nice! I think I am a rock/black as well, but… yeah, I’d probably be schizophrenic as well! If I look at my blog posts it is a little bit of everything I guess! -http://OtherMix.blogspot.com

But nothing wrong with that, as you can dress for several occasions!

February 13, 2012 / 12:07 pm

Well variety is good! Although I don’t think I have many occasions anymore just school or out with friends and sometimes a nice dinner. Nothing that needs too many fancy items or girly items

• February 14, 2012 / 1:09 am

Oh well, you never know sometimes :] Haha! Just be comfortable with who you are!

7. February 12, 2012 / 1:58 pm

So it’s not just me! There are lots of other schizophrenic shoppers too after all! :hands:
    My style is pretty much rock/punk but I love frills as well – want to start building a classic lolita wardrobe and LIZ LISA, IT’S IS UNAVOIDABLE!! IT’S TOO CUTE!!!

Some pieces can be mixed together, but some just can’t be worn with black so I have to go all sweet or all rock if I really want to wear them XD

February 13, 2012 / 12:05 pm

hahaha apparently it’s a lot of people! Although when I see fashion blogs it seems some people have such a direct one style and it looks very clear and readable in pictures.

I agree. I think the biggest crime is seeing black tights with a Liz Lisa floral dress. I see it often in Japan tho ): Especially when that floral poncho was popular.

8. February 12, 2012 / 2:50 pm

Omg yes!!! black and gold and Helvetica (ahh font love) lol at the dramatic white space!

Funnily I also thought of going through a wardrobe overhaul myself and purging items that doesn’t go with the theme (same as yours – black, whites , golds, etc) i only have two or three gyaru brand items in my wardrobe (glad news and lip service) but I figure I could start from there and buy non gyaru brand basics in said colors. As much as I love girly pinky stuff, I feel more drawn to it in art or interior room, not necessarily something I would wear (not a fan of sweet gyaru style)

I really love the Ora Ora style too (got my firs copy of Soul Sister in Japan) ! Wanna get better at gal style this year !

I love all your spring picks!! :happydance::happydance:

February 13, 2012 / 12:04 pm

hahahaha glad someone liked my internet humor :)
      My bathroom is really super super girly and cutesy and I feel a bit silly going in there in Glad News and such lol Although I like the concept of keeping your girly side to a few things and living your true self in clothing :)
      Soul Sister!!! Thank god that and Soul Japan are doing so well! I love that magazine, and I need their motorcycles :)

9. February 12, 2012 / 3:02 pm

I’m a little schizo sometimes too :busy:
    Although when I returned to uni after Christmas I got rid of everything in my closet that I hadn’t worn for several months and gave it to charity. I then bought a set of draws and put in all the stuff I still wear, but not so often. It has made my wardrobe more streamlined and has also cleared my mind :heartsmile:

February 13, 2012 / 12:02 pm

I love your box idea! I need to start a system like that! I also need much bigger boxes XD

10. February 12, 2012 / 3:14 pm

Hahaha, I think we all have that problem. W♥C and COCOLULU is in that one section, then there’s all these florals and laces in another section, then I would suddenly feel grunge on some days so that’s another section, then on other days, I want to look more mature so I pull out some Dazzlin pieces…..CAN I JUST MAKE UP MY MIND ALREADY? :worry:

February 13, 2012 / 12:01 pm

hahahaha yes!!! Although I want to make up my mind! I feel like I buy items too spur of the moment and don’t wear them after the season and selling is always such a pain. So I’m trying to be a bit better. Hopefully… :)

11. February 12, 2012 / 4:10 pm

Haha I so agree with you..My closet right now is a mix between sweet and girly and rock style with lots of plain casual clothing.. When i go shopping I try to limit my purchases by making a mental list of items I am looking for specifically so I avoid getting cute things that I didn’t plan on buying. This has helped me the past few times I’ve went shopping :)

i loveee that laguna moon girly skirt *_* hi-low skirts are soo cute to me <3!

February 13, 2012 / 12:00 pm

I love High-Low skirts, too! I’ve been meaning to make a trendwatching post about them, but I’ve been lazy at collecting images ):

I’m trying to not shop for a while until it can fit on the wishlist and if it’s not it’s not going in my e-cart :)

12. February 12, 2012 / 9:38 pm

I’M so all over the place with my style. I’m trying to stick to less brands now, cutting down on marpleq and colu even though I love them too and staying more with Real*Mars and d*i*a. Black and gold with maybe a bit of pink are my colours of choice. It’s so hard though everything is so pretty and I want it all!

February 13, 2012 / 11:59 am

I agree! It is hard to say no especially when you’re in 109 or Lumine. It’s all shiny and colorful and on sale D: With your DIA fukubukuro get you’re so set! That fukubukuro looked so good on your blog!

13. February 13, 2012 / 5:14 am

LOVING your picks for the season so far :hearts: I think they all combine together in a lovely way too, which is something I definitely struggle with too! I have to say I’ve gotten slowly better though… At least the colours in my closet make a little sense together now, haha :worries:

February 13, 2012 / 11:57 am

No comprende for my closet right now D: I gotta sell sell sell and buy buy and fix fix fix til I can hit Closet LVL Tori XD

14. February 13, 2012 / 8:37 am

I think you’re heading in a great direction :D I always thought you were a rock girl at heart!! I love most of everything you picked except the shoes.

I love Real MA*RS but there’s no way I can afford anything right now, especially not clothes coming from overseas. Plus I’m a size 10 out here, I don’t think most of the clothes in 109 will fit me yet, sadly :S Or will they? Lol I’d rather be there and try them on then take a chance and order something that won’t fit.

So I’m sticky to the stores out here for now. I’m not planning to change my wardrobe, but I definitely to clean it up, after loosing 50 lbs, there’s tons of stuf that don’t fit anymore… I’m going to be buying new clothes for the summer mostly I think. My winter clothes can easily transition into the Spring…

February 13, 2012 / 11:56 am

I’m a mix girl at heart tbh, but I’m trying to be more streamlined.

Size 10 is fine for a lot of clothes in 109! A friend I know was a size 12/14 and bought a lot of stuff at 109. It just depends on the items you choose. Probably not jeans, especially if you’re hip-rich :)
      Congrats on the weightloss! That’s quite an achievement!

• February 13, 2012 / 4:54 pm

I’m a ten (ish? Might have lost again due to running up/down stairs all day, but I was a ten when I got here) and I can definitely buy 109 stuff. You have to be careful with the brands that run smaller like Egoist but most tops/onepieces from most stores will fit. I’m hippy so pants/skirts tend to be a no – skirts are OK in the waist but don’t look right.

I feel you on the not wanting to buy stuff without trying it on though. Because of my proportions it’s very risky.

15. February 13, 2012 / 10:58 am

I love this post because it makes me feel less alone! :thumb: I have a hard time sticking to one style as well. I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing! I like not being confined to one style and trying out different things. The problem is that I tend to end up with a lot of pieces that just don’t mix and match, so my ability to coordinate what I have is limited. :sage: I really like your wishlist post, I think I’ll do something similar to help get myself organized.

No matter what the season, one brand I always love is Liz Lisa. I think this season I’m going to admit to myself that she’s my OTP. No matter what, there will be Liz Lisa pieces I have to have. In fact I splurged a bit just last night. :worries: So I’m going to try to focus now on limiting my picks from other brands to things that will fit in with my Liz Lisa collection and only buying things that really don’t fit in if they’re extraordinarily awesome.

February 13, 2012 / 11:54 am

Oh good!!! I always feel a bit alone in it too! I feel like I sacrifice a clear style voice for variety and it messes it all up D:

Liz Lisa always has the best items in Spring! It will be hard saying no to them this year! I will live vicariously through you, I hope you post up your buys!

16. February 13, 2012 / 12:24 pm

I think it’s totally natural to be attracted to more than one style. I feel schizo a lot of the time, too! :cloud: I like brands and styles that don’t go together at all!

I actually think it’s unusual when someone has ONE style, especially when they maintain it for more than a few years. I have a friend who’s into 1960’s “mod” fashion and has been collecting vintage dresses for years. She never ventures from her style. It’s so weird to me! I can’t believe her dedication to the style!

Deciding on one style and one color scheme is genius of you, tho! :hands: It’ll be easier to get dressed in the morning! :busy:

February 13, 2012 / 11:15 pm

Wow your friend sounds so dedicated! I love seeing that so much. Those with an extremely clear fashion voice I admire greatly! Not to the extent of your friend but I do hope to become someone with a clearer voice :)

17. February 13, 2012 / 5:00 pm

I feel like it’s a more Western thing to be fashion schizo while Japanese people tend to stick to a style because it’s a group thing…not all Japanese/Western people are that way obviously but that’s the sense I get. ^.^

I’m the same way too with buying pieces from too many different styled stores…. :cry: I guess now I’m trying to not pay attention to trends as much and instead mix pieces together from different styled stores (eg Egoist and Glad News) but in a rock-leaning way. I’m also looking at more old American rock influences like The Runaways and Liz Phair and Joan Jett.

February 13, 2012 / 11:09 pm

I think you’re definitely right. Although I do wonder about the shop staff who switch stores. Like that popular wc shop staff who changed to working at ank rouge. Now that’s a contrasting closet!

Egoist for me is one of those brands I consider does trending basics. They always have one thing each season I buy and wear to death. I think some of their pieces work well with rock style although their love of pastels this season makes me sad.

18. February 13, 2012 / 9:46 pm

yay!! i’m a big fan of black and rock style myself… the only thing i don’t like on your list is those godawful spikey shoes… i mean, i like studs and spikes and all, but i just think those look really bad… maybe it’s just the shape of the shoes??

anyways, well done! bye bye Liz Lisa! :p

still i think it’s fun to have multiple personalities when it comes to clothing… who says you can’t be a Liz Lisa girl one day and a Glad News girl the next?

February 13, 2012 / 11:01 pm

I like that those shoes inspire hate and lust equally. Isn’t that cool! Personally I do like them and they did sell out previously so I’m not the only one, but you’re more than welcome to dislike. I do think in the worn and styled shots they look much better than alone however. glad news copied them as well so I think they’ll show up in magazines and such. Especially with the flat and thick sole craze.

Awwh I still like Liz Lisa girls! Just not so much on me anymore.

19. February 14, 2012 / 5:31 pm

I tend to buy whatever I think is cute and is a good deal – so yeah my closet is pretty all over the place. It doesn’t help that my personal style is more gal influenced, but my convention persona when I sell jewelry is more lolita/fairy kei.

February 15, 2012 / 12:11 pm

I never considered when people have more than one style outside of gyaru. That must be very difficult! Do you only wear lolita for special occasions?

20. April 17, 2012 / 5:44 pm

haha, Me and my sister are so like thatxD
    We buy lot of clothes that we like only to end up realizing that they only fit with limited number of our other clothesxD

~Emi