Photo Friday: Hiroshima (City & Dome)

I previous blogged about the gyaru stores (here) and nightlife (post 1, post 2) in Hiroshima, but I have yet to really discuss my visit to Hiroshima (広島). I decided to travel there in the aftermath of the earthquake and tsunami of last March. I’m glad I did visit Hiroshima, but to be honest I’m not exactly sure why. The food is amazing and the city is well laid out with great nature spots and streetcars delivering you to central areas. It has its own unique style of how it looks, but you cannot help think that it’s because Hiroshima is a modern city made that way by its sad past.

As always scroll over if you’d like a description or just enjoy the photos.  :upheart:

1. February 10, 2012 / 1:33 pm

Want to know the city>oo<

2. February 10, 2012 / 2:22 pm

It looks like a lovely city :heart2:
    I think it’s awesome that you’ve made a point in all of your Japan trips to visit places other than Tokyo or even Kyoto (since those seem to be the 2 most popular destinations).

3. February 10, 2012 / 2:37 pm

Hiroshima is really nice but so so humid and hot in the summer. I was miserable when I went there because I was use to the cooler climate of Aomori. But I loved walking down the streets and the walkways. Not to mention it’s the home of layer okonomiyaki, which I like better than some other versions. I remember the museum for the Atomic Bomb, it was really beautiful but so sad to walk through. Beautiful pictures and nice to look through.

4. February 10, 2012 / 3:57 pm

Wow…I love the mix of old and new. The third last picture to me was chilling. It’s like the old skeleton of what happened hidden in the new greenery and age….*_*

5. February 10, 2012 / 5:19 pm

Some great pictures. Hiroshima is one of my favourite cities in Japan and it is a beautiful city that reminds me of my home town of Melbourne in Australia with its green parks and trams :)

Japan Australia

6. February 11, 2012 / 1:54 am

These are some really nice pictures, now I want to visit Hiroshima as well! A lot of my Japanese friends have told me that it’s worth visiting, not only because of the Peace Park but also because it’s a really nice city. The streetcars somehow remind me of my hometown in Germany, here we have lots of them driving around in the city centre :)

7. February 11, 2012 / 2:36 am

I really wanna go to Hiroshima just to see that building from 2nd world war !

8. February 12, 2012 / 10:44 am

Great post!!!
    I just found your blog and I like it!!!
    Take a look on my blog and if you like we can follow each other?
    You like art and fashion?
    Have a nice day!

Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

9. February 12, 2012 / 12:24 pm

I liked Hiroshima for the history and message of the city, but I agree that it feels a little ‘void’.
    It doesn’t have the emotion that other cities have.

10. February 15, 2012 / 2:32 am

Amazing photos and story ^^
    I actually raised in that City, more suburb part though.
    My husband and I visited my family last month and here is my flickr album.
    You would notice I took some of the exactly same photos as yours XD hihi
    Hiroshima is a big prefecture, the city is nice, but there are so many nice nature too :)
    Did you know? they have a loooot of ski places too!

February 15, 2012 / 12:08 pm

Your photos are great! You’re actually making me so hungry from the food pictures alone! Hiroshima style food is amazing. I walked so much during my stay there, but I ate so much too.