Photo Friday – Kohrinbo 109 in Kanazawa Mall Pictures – Part 1

Kohrinbo 109 (香林坊109) is the 109 mall in Kanazawa (website). I had travel goals to see all the 109 malls. I’ve previous been to Shibuya 109 (of course), Machida 109, Shizuoka 109 and now Kohrinbo 109!  If only they didn’t just open an Abeno 109 now I’ve got one more to make it complete.  -_-

Kanazawa (金沢) is a truly awesome and amazing city, and it’s a shame it’s overlooked. Nesting around a 3-4 hour train ride from Osaka and further from Tokyo with no direct Shinkansen connection it’s situated pretty remotely. It’s also one of the most rainiest cities in the world:icon_eek: However I fell in love with the city and even though it’s out of the way I really want to go back. I have more tourist-type pictures to show, but I felt like showing Winter looks while it’s still cold. :o

Tourist notes:

Kanazawa is a car and bus city with no trains inside the main city area. Heading to Kohrinbo 109 is not really in walking distance to Kanazawa station, possibly an hour walk or so. It’s best to bus or taxi it. Taxis are incredibly cheap in Kanazawa with starting rates around 175yen. I think my taxi ride from Kanazawa station to Kohrinbo was 550 yen or so. Although tour and regular buses will take you to the Kohrinbo area. You can walk from Kohrinbo 109 to the Nagamatchi Samurai District so it’s easy to fit into a tourist day.

1. February 17, 2012 / 1:30 pm

soooo coool, i must visit japan some day! :hearts:

2. February 17, 2012 / 2:45 pm

How neat~ O:
    I would love to visit there some time~

3. February 17, 2012 / 2:51 pm

Awesome!! I need stores like that around here .______. haha

tht-christina.blogspot.com

4. February 17, 2012 / 2:54 pm

Great photos :hearts:

5. February 17, 2012 / 9:03 pm

Why does everything in Japan looks 100000000x better? xD

6. cari
    February 18, 2012 / 6:15 am

I visited Kanazawa in summer last year, had to walk back to the train station from Kohrinbo cos I missed the last tourist bus, but it only took around 30min :smiley: It was a nice walk though, Kanazawa is a beautiful city! :!: I’d really love to go back someday :hearts:

7. February 18, 2012 / 10:49 am

Cocolulu’s shop looks so popping with colour haha :smiley: !

8. February 18, 2012 / 1:27 pm

Wow! Looks so cool and a lot less cramped than Shibuya 109! I want to goooo!! I want to buy all the accessories I see in these pictures +w+

9. GurLee
    February 18, 2012 / 6:39 pm

i would love to see more of that repipi store!

10. February 19, 2012 / 6:42 pm

let me utter a long japanese eeeeeehhhh!! i didn’t even know about this. the building itself looks really nice!

i’ll probably never have an excuse to go there, seeing as it’s much too far, but it’s nice that the gyaru in that area can have a place to shop!