Photo Friday: Walking around Niigata

Thanks for all your lovely comments on the hair article. I encourage you to read the comments and find out what else works for people. There’s a lot of hair geeks around! Or those with dead hair woes to share (you’re not alone!). Our views may differ, but I found them all interesting to read and I learned as well. :)

It was freezing, windy and rainy when I arrived in Niigata (新潟) so hopefully the pictures reflect that. Niigata is on the coast so its people are used to the rain and wind, even if I was not. I only had a day there, but found the people nice and welcoming even if the weather was not.

I decided to put these pictures in the order of which I took them mostly. Off to the west of the station there was an enclave of streetwear brands. Shop staff I talked to later said OraOra guys shop around there, too. Didn’t see any though. Although supposedly yanki gangs are big in Niigata (again according to the shop staff). Again, didn’t see any. Poo  :(

Scroll over for descriptions or just enjoy as usual. Happy Friday!

Here’s the Star Warks blog and the Privilege blog,  if you’d like to see more of what these cool independent male fashion stores do

Share:

1. March 16, 2012 / 1:17 pm

Lovely pictures :oops:

2. March 16, 2012 / 5:34 pm

I’ve only ever visited Niigata a few times. Once for snowboarding and the other for the Fuji Rocks Festival in the summer.

3. March 16, 2012 / 8:50 pm

I especially love the photo of the school girl and the old house. Also the guy waving out the window in the first Star Warks photo hehehe
    Yes you definitely captured the cold!

4. March 17, 2012 / 6:12 am

the guy look so cute in the last 2 pic

5. March 17, 2012 / 9:53 am

Haha the guy waving to you from Star Warks XD

6. March 18, 2012 / 9:01 am

Yay thank you!! I love your photos! I get too see Japan without actually being there ‘3