A simple top & bottom lash eye make-up tutorial

Below is a super simple make-up tutorial. I worked on making the most neutral yet gal style eye and fewest products. It’s the foundation of my basic easiest gal eye make-up. I’m putting this as my base eye make-up style and then will possibly have more how-tos for stronger looks.

A little disclaimer before I go onto doing this:

1. I am not an expert in make-up. This is just what I’ve learned that works as a nice style for eye make-up for any occasion.
2. No photoshop/cameraapp etc… was used, not even leveling. I just wanted to show how my eye looks as the camera sees it.
3. Feel free to substitute any of the products. I just stick with what works best for me, is cheap, and suits my skin-tone.

Doesn’t my eye look so much larger and more open with make-up? Genetics, fyl.  :roll:

Since I’m so pale I prefer to let eye shadows do the work that eyeliner would do on the bottom. I think it looks a bit too harsh on my pale skin especially on a day-time simple look.

Where to buy:

I am wearing Princess Mimi Apple Green circle lens kindly sponsored by PinkyParadise. I absolutely love and trust PinkyParadise and have bought from them several times before. Use the code “universaldoll” to receive a free gift with order. :star2:

Jewerich lashes, Eyelash Fixer FX and Kate eyeliner are available on-line at ichibankao and IMomoko

Make-up notes:

– For those who suffer from dark circles or genetically more sunken eyes, darken your lower shadow even more. This actually hides your dark circles. Overuse of concealer only highlights them.

– For those with not as smooth under eye skin use of a matte shadow is better than a shimmer. Save the shimmer for the eyelid.

For those new to Eyelashes:

– Buy the cheapest drugstore eyelashes you can find and keep trying them. Don’t spend money and coat nice pairs with glue before you’re confident. Find ones with thin lash bands (like these from Ardell). If you’re still having trouble, cut them in half. When you feel confident then move to the pricier pairs (still with thinner lash bands).

– Do spend money on a glue you can paint on like the Eyelash Fixer FX or get a small brush. Do not squirt from the tube! You’ll ruin many eyelashes that way when starting out. 50% of lashes is having a good glue and the proper application tools.

– If your current have ones with a thicker lash band, bend the F*$% out of them before you start using them. Just keep bending and slowly they’ll be more malleable to put on your eyes.

Share:

April 23, 2012 / 1:52 pm

Thank you!!

1. April 23, 2012 / 1:42 pm

This is really helpful! False lashes + me = disaster… maybe I’ll get the courage to try them again >~<

April 23, 2012 / 1:52 pm

I was such crap at the beginning too. Wanna know a bad secret? I put bottom lashes on above my eyelash line and went to a club. I was crying them off in seconds T_T LOL Live and learn :)

2. April 23, 2012 / 1:50 pm

I love Eyelash Fixer FX so much as well!

April 23, 2012 / 1:52 pm

It is the best stuff ever! My lashes rarely lift with it :D

3. Miru
    April 23, 2012 / 2:25 pm

love that make up <3 btw, do you know by any chance an eyelash edhesive that would be also antiallergic? I've used DUO adhesive and Koji (without latex) and still the same ;^;
    love,
    Miru

4. April 23, 2012 / 5:02 pm

Thank you! I love simple make! Please do one with out lashes one day C:

5. April 23, 2012 / 6:27 pm

i love you! :) <3 love this tutorial! i just got the eyelash fixer, im trying to use my diamondlash glue before i use that one.. and i been looking for a better eyeliner … i need to try the kate one! great tips on the dark circles , i feel concealer shows up more , ill try darkening my eyeshadow next time ;D i also wasted so much eyelash glue when i used to use the squeeze tube ones like duo (which i now hate because they made my irritated my eyelids), i definitely agree that it is easier to paint on eyelash glue then squeezing them on!

6. 白の女王
    April 23, 2012 / 8:08 pm

Thank you for this blog post Mitsu~ I can’t wait to practice using this tutorial. ありがとう!♪( ´▽`)

7. April 23, 2012 / 10:25 pm

Love this post :korila:

A neat trick I used when wearing cheap and shiny lashes when I was new at this – dust some matte black shadow on the lashes to reduce the shine and gently blow off excess. Much like some people will do with wigs and baby powder. :yayyay:

8. April 24, 2012 / 12:49 am

oh :o this is a cool tutorial. i can’t wait to try it one day~! i may have to inspect my local wal-greens to get falsies to practice on..

9. April 24, 2012 / 5:51 am

This is such a cute tutorial!! Your contacts are really pretty too :).

+ I totally have the exact same bottom lashes as you! Bought them in Donki in Shibuya 8D!

10. April 24, 2012 / 11:03 am

Thanks Mitsu! For my bottoms before attaching bottom lashes, I use a gel eyeliner and then I take a smudge brush while it’s still wet and smudge it a bit because something I agree that the use of straight-up eyeliner looks too strong on my pale skin. ;)

Also not sure if you mentioned this or not but always a good idea to put the mascara on last to blend the fake lashes to your real ones to make it more realistic looking. Urban Decay even makes a special mascara for blending fake lashes to real ones, though not sure if it’s worth the extra money?

BTW where do you buy those bottom lashes? I have been wanting some but eBay sellers said they can’t get them. :(

11. April 24, 2012 / 12:28 pm

although lashes are quite tricky, they do look so, so fabulous. I wish I had the patience to use them more often, luckily I get good results with mascara most days

12. Yan
    April 29, 2012 / 6:49 am

ah, I know those bottom lashes, SaSa doesn’t stock so I don’t know where to get, but I think akinari wears them?
    Glues you apply with a brush really put me off. so do the “clear” glues because if you look up, there’s just this shiny coat of glue you can’t possibly cover with eyeliner.
    I like using the black coloured glues~