Gyaru Nail Art Trends

Gyaru nail trends are also some larger Japanese nail trends in general, but I tried to keep it mostly from salons frequented by gyaru. For a nail art fan, there’s a lot of creativity to take from these. Photos taken from Nail Salon Glory, Carry, Glamb, Ally’s Etoille, Disco and Rounge.

Photorealistic stickers are the bigger nail trend. So many different types for different styles. Most every nail salon I looked at featured them. Looks good on long and short nails and easy for the novice  :up:

Another trend that’s been quite popular. Ayumi Hamasaki often does this style. The ones in black and white are a Murua shop staff’s. Personally I’d like to try the parts one!

Lots of different ways to pattern french nails and if you’ll notice the straight-across french nail is getting quite popular instead of the classic oval.

A style I find really interesting and I want to play with more. I think the clear open style looks good with a lot of style choices: girly, rock, pop, mode etc…

If the words in your head are “WHAT IN THE FUUU” you’re not alone probably. A lot of girls are not satisfied with regular long acrylic nails (sculp nails in Japanese), so they’ve got to out do each other. Many of these photos are from Nail Salon Glamb  where a lot of Ageha models get their nails done at. Riho Kate’s new nails done by Carry are the sea theme at the bottom ( :loveword: ).

For anyone who has been drunk and dancing and ripped off a nail with parts (ahem your writer  :lovecat: ) you will understand why I look at these with pain not pleasure.  :regret:

Share:

1. May 24, 2012 / 12:52 pm

All designs I would probably not wear myself, but I am really liking your ‘trend’ articles, they’re very inspiring! ;D

2. Nobunnyxiii
    May 24, 2012 / 1:18 pm

I like these, but I can not do the last set! How do you even function with those?

3. May 24, 2012 / 1:21 pm

So many lovely nails!

4. May 24, 2012 / 3:14 pm

I really like some of these! color blocking the french tips really look nice too ^^

5. May 24, 2012 / 3:30 pm

Neat! I really want to try the clear style. Man, I cannot imagine wearing such big parts on my nail!!!

6. May 24, 2012 / 4:08 pm

This post is just awesome! I see many of these designs everyday in nail salon blogs! Except for the last ones! Omg so freakyyy!! haha

7. May 24, 2012 / 6:32 pm

My question is how you put on circle lens with the really heavy nails at the bottom! Haha~
    I love the Twiggy nails :D

• May 24, 2012 / 9:27 pm

Laura,
      One of my client girl put her lenses in front of me (after nails done), she used bended Q-tips!!
      I was just ahhhhed and ohhhhed while she used this technique! XD haha

8. May 24, 2012 / 9:26 pm

Wow! They are super duper gorgeous!!!
    When I start to show my nail art work on Flickr, like 5 years ago, no one knew “ageha” and “gyaru”…
    I got tons of mean comment
    Now so many girls from all over world are interested in Japanese fashion, I am so happy :alpaca:

9. May 25, 2012 / 1:40 am

I love the photorealistic sticker trend <3 looks so cute 8)

10. May 25, 2012 / 5:20 am

The first couple were amazingly cute (especially those route 66/Americana nails!) but as I scrolled down the look of horror on my face began to grow, haha.

“Holy Sweet Jesus!” Was all I could think of. xD

11. Vallon E.
    May 25, 2012 / 5:58 am

aaa! They’re all so neat! The deco edges trend is my favorite :heartcat:

12. May 25, 2012 / 7:31 am

Is that a twiggy nail I see? Amazing!

That photoprint thingy, I have to try it out.. Google, here I come! :busy:

13. May 25, 2012 / 8:12 am

My favorite trend is the french pattern I think. It’s a twist on a good old classic!

The big parts though on these last ones are kind of disturbing… I mean, what the hell? How can anyone LIVE with these things one?

14. Katie
    May 25, 2012 / 7:49 pm

“Looks good on long and short nails and easy for the novice”
    What do you mean easy for novice? Is there a place we can purchase photo realistic stickers? Or any of the decorations seen? I would love to start doing nails myself. :happydance:

May 26, 2012 / 5:31 am

Since it doesn’t require anything heavy on painting. It’s just placing stickers on nails and coating your nails with a very very good top coat. Unlike pattern French which is not so novice friendly. I made a previous nail supply post I think some have them. EBay or Sally’s (if you live in US/Canada) will also have them. Just search nail stickers and find ones you like ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ

15. Bouncy Brown
    May 25, 2012 / 10:18 pm

I love them all! Well, except the open design, there’s something creepy about it to me, like nakedness! :P

16. KC
    May 26, 2012 / 2:59 am

:hearts2: :hearts3: :hearts2: :hearts3: :hearts2: :alpaca:

this post makes me so happy :korila:

one day, i swear, i will have nails with shit dangling offa them…. *sigh*

17. May 27, 2012 / 11:38 am

I was going to say I didn’t really like the clear open style too much, but after really looking at it… I have to admit it’s pretty cool, really different & could definitely work in a variety of styles :peace:

18. May 28, 2012 / 6:41 pm

I love nail art! Those are so pretty! I especially like the Deco Edges. Those with colorful crystals are my favs! The set of the larger parts is impressive! I’d love to try that style for a photo shoot or something! :love:

19. January 14, 2013 / 6:16 pm

Where can I get some nail like these