Kanazawa – Samurai District and New City

Pictures of Old and New Kanazawa inside this post. Other Kanazawa posts (Kohrinbo 109 1, 2 | Kenrokuen Garden | Ninja Temple and walk | Gyaru Shop Staff from Kohribo 109 1, 2)

The Nagamatchi Samurai District is actually a recreation of the old Samurai District since wood rarely lasts in Japan and it was there before Kyoto became the capital. Don’t let “recreation” stop you from visiting because it really is a calming lovely place and a great place to buy real souvenirs from Kanazawa and not just overseas made items. Like the pottery shown was something I got my man’s parents and the glazing is special to Ishikawa prefecture. Being pottery buffs, they were thrilled.

Also pictures from the new Kanazawa with clubs, karaoke places and gals. For me this post shows what Kanazawa is all about when I explored it, new areas but lovely older areas as well.

Also I hope you notice all the bridges and water. Since Kanazawa is one of the rainiest cities in the world there’s several streams that run below buildings in the main city center as a clever way to stop flooding and you’re always not far away from the sound of running water. It’s so calming and something I’m sad I couldn’t capture in just pictures.

Another thing of note is Kanazawa’s train station with its outside like a Shinto temple.

I have so many travel photo posts to do (even one from London and another from Rome, so behind!). Although they make me happy I hope you don’t get bored. I’ll try to  mix it up though  :regret:

Share:

1. May 30, 2012 / 2:30 pm

BEAUTIFUL photos !!!!!!! ♥♥♥

2. May 30, 2012 / 3:12 pm

I like the travel posts!

This place looks pretty awesome, I’ll have to visit sometime. The train station, wow! There aren’t many train stations that unique-looking. :cat2:

3. May 30, 2012 / 5:26 pm

Compared to other places this one seem more quiet! : D

4. May 30, 2012 / 8:29 pm

I’ll never get bored of your travel posts! :stars:
    Thanks a lot for taking us with you. :wink: I’m so happy to be able to know Kanazawa through your lens!

5. May 30, 2012 / 9:54 pm

I love your photos!! <3 <3 <3 I feel like I get to experience it since I won't be able to go for a very long time, so I really appreciate your travel photos!

6. May 31, 2012 / 12:44 am

super love it :3

7. May 31, 2012 / 1:47 am

I love how practically every town in Japan has their own Hello Kitty or some other character with their local “meibutsu” XD Oh, Japan!

8. May 31, 2012 / 6:35 am

:loveword: love the travel photos! Makes me want to go back to Japan :rushed:

i think Kanazawa station is probably the most spectacular looking one in Japan. Only stayed there for 2 days when i went to Japan but was defiantly worth it.

9. June 1, 2012 / 12:24 pm

Looks so pretty, I feel like I could walk around all day and not get bored!