OraOra Magazine JAPSTA and Oraora inspired nail art

Japsta (ジャップスタ) is an Oraora magazine for men that showcases OraOra brands like a big catalog (amazon.jp link). I bought it last time in Japan and decided to take a few pics to show you the inside since it presents a different portrait than Soul Japan and Soul Sister.

It’s more low budget and only has 3 main models. One of which I have no idea how he got in there. With his awkward snarl to show his grill each time and Willie Nelson braids, I have absolutely no idea what Japsta was thinking.

Clothing and more of an MMA twist. Their ladies models (the one above) is not ORAORA but possibly a ring girl.

OraOra print inspired nails

I decided to do a nail wheel based on clothing I saw in Japsta.

I also decoupaged using a few clippings from a Soul Sister. It was my first time decoupaging, and I definitely need to work out the kinks before I try it on my own nails.

Clothing and accessories that worked as some of the inspiration of the nails.

If I could perfect the Oni nail I’d totally wear it (don’t know who else would). Overall I wasn’t as pleased as I usually am when finishing a wheel, but I guess it’ll make me work harder   :lovecat:

Share:

1. May 9, 2012 / 4:44 pm

*O* I LOVE THIS!!!!! Also the nail wheel is so nice ~ (I’d wear ’em! XDD)

May 10, 2012 / 2:57 pm

Hehheehe I need to work harder on the nails on making them a bit more Oraora but I’ll keep trying :)

2. May 9, 2012 / 4:49 pm

Im not so fond of Ora guys, but the girls always look great! :loveword:
    Love those deco Nikes, yum yum
    and your nail wheel is great, I love the matte/shiny leopard!! :heartcat:

May 10, 2012 / 2:55 pm

hehehe I agree, the girls usually rock out the OraOra style a bit better. Maybe it’s because the don’t try to mesh it with MMA like looks?

Me, too! Makes me wanna deco my own Nikes :)
      Thank you girlyyyy!!!

3. May 9, 2012 / 5:00 pm

mmhmmmm not my favourite Japanese style but it’s interesting to see something different from Japan!

May 10, 2012 / 2:54 pm

I don’t particularly like how they laid it out but I agree it’s cool to see something new :)

4. May 9, 2012 / 7:25 pm

The nail wheel is a great idea! If you quickly need some ideas for nail styles, you can look at it and copy it instead of trying to think of a whole new set every time :)
    I like the rock style in the magazine. Thanks for sharing!

May 10, 2012 / 2:53 pm

I feel like if I try it on a nail wheel first then it won’t be so bad doing it on my own hands, but I’ve been a bit behind on nail wheels and do it the other way around >_< Happy to share!

5. May 9, 2012 / 8:10 pm

Hmm… those braids remind me more of Korn (or any 00’s rap metal)! :P

I really like OraOra style although I think they look like they listen to the worst music on Earth.

Awesome nails again! I like the black matte/shiny leopard ones! Stroke of genius!

May 10, 2012 / 2:51 pm

hahahaa that too!! I can’t believe those braids are still around. The only guy I’ve met IRL that wears them is a big bluegrass fan and so he was probably rifting Willie Nelson. Oh god Korn so glad that type disappeared.

Thank you!! They were one of my favorite too. Now I worry how to do it on a hand without a topcoat on the shiny ):

May 10, 2012 / 2:48 pm

They are so not to be messed with :)

6. MK
    May 9, 2012 / 11:31 pm

If I didn’t know Orakei, I’d have been completely turned off by this magazine :x. You’re nails were lovely (as usual)!

May 10, 2012 / 2:48 pm

It is quite a turn from the Soul Japan! :)

Thank you so much for saying so!!

7. May 10, 2012 / 12:30 am

i love all the nail but those guy look scary >.<

May 10, 2012 / 2:47 pm

hehehee they are more scary tough than the Soul Japan models

8. May 10, 2012 / 9:09 am

The graphic design and layout of OraOra reminds me of the Chinese magazine, MILK!
    Btw, I love the nail with the scary face on it :D

May 10, 2012 / 2:47 pm

hehehe the Oni? Yeah it was my favorite :)

9. May 10, 2012 / 1:44 pm

You have so much freaking talent with creating nails :loveword:
    I have to agree about that so-called ‘model’ though, ew :-S

May 10, 2012 / 2:45 pm

Oh thank you!! Although I wasn’t as pleased with those T_T So unworthy!

Hahhahaa isn’t he a trip :)

10. May 12, 2012 / 8:28 am

Can`t say I`m a fan of OraOra guys (guy with the teeth…just HA!) but I do really like it on girls.Seriously loving Soul Sister right now!!Its interesting to see what other mags have to offer but don`t really like the layout for this one.
    Love your nail wheel and the inspiration for it:D.

11. KC
    May 23, 2012 / 8:19 pm

oh man… i dislike oraora style for men SOOOO MUCH! but it does make for an interesting post, and i’m sure people who’ve never been to japan enjoy seeing the different (and weird) fashions… your nails, however, are simply fabulous!

12. d