Shibuya 109 Brands IDOBA – SLY Spring Summer 2012

It’s a shame I don’t blog about SLY much because it’s a massive chain of gyaru stores. SLY is always in popular gal malls, but its edgy enough that a lot of fashionable types not into gal go for its fun accessories and other interesting looks. Below is a rundown of their catalog for this season, shop staff style, and other news.

Sly details:
katakana: スライ
website: http://sly.jp/
webstore: http://www.ec-store.net/sch_shopping_list.cfm?uk=0
number of stores: 33 in Japan, 6 in Taiwan, 2 in HongKong
shop blogs: http://ameblo.jp/shelttershop/
since: 2000
style concept: Edgy casual

SLY Catalog

Fronted by the fabulous Kiko it’s a simple catalog that probably had more impact when blown up into an actual paper catalog, but the design suits SLY style. Regular readers may see a similarity between sister brand Rodeo Crown’s catalog and SLY’s.

I’m so glad they showcased the accessories because I think that’s what’s cool about SLY.

I’m glad they had some girls show off their own style for the denim and bottoms collection (sounds pervy)

It’s kind of cool that men’s bag designer Porter is doing a collection with SLY. Porter is popular with men especially the literary type (Monocole sells them as well).

SLY webstore items

I really wanted to show bigger pieces of the accessories so hopefully you can see that they’ll playful and cool. A cigarette ring that says I just quit smoking. It’s almost sarcastic. Their super damaged denim jacket sold out, so I thought I’d showcase that as well.

SLY shop staff coordinates

The Shibuya 109 webstore collaborated with SLY to show their Spring coordinates using a 109 shop staff. Fun easy to see looks below. Also pictures from the Sheltter blog showing their Disney collaboration which has been going on for several seasons with new funky designs. This time it’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarves.

Sly Nail Polish Line

A lot of gal brands have been doing cosmetic and eyelash collabs: Anap, Love Boat, Liz Lisa, Cecil McBee etc…

However this is the first I think to do a nail polish line. Great line-up of cool bright trending Spring nail polish colors. :dotbow:

So readers… what color are you feeling today? :peace:

Share:

1. May 3, 2012 / 10:02 am

love that there seems to be at least something for everyone regardless what kind of style they’re into, I really need that tortoise shell sunglasses like right now!!! & is it just me but their hair and makeup seem to fall along the mode style?

2. May 3, 2012 / 10:45 am

I really love the funky touches! Especially those rings! <3

3. May 3, 2012 / 11:28 am

I really like SLY! I’ve only been to the stores a few times in Taiwan haha… and Kiko is always SO LOVELY!

4. D
    May 3, 2012 / 1:12 pm

I’m kinda disappointed that the first shop staff’s (the one on the left) shirt isn’t in engrish. PLEASE tell me this is not a trend! If Engrish dies out, I’ll loose one of my reasons to visit Japan.

5. May 3, 2012 / 2:44 pm

I really respect SLY’s designs, though I have a hard time finding something I’d wear myself, I find the items to be whimsical and strong. As for colors give me mint, neon chartreuse, melon and cobalt XD

6. May 3, 2012 / 4:03 pm

I’m really loving their shoes!! :korila: especially the lace up peep toe booties and the saddle shoe looking things :loveword:

7. May 3, 2012 / 4:05 pm

Totally in love with the Be Jealous rings haha they are amazing :hearts3:

8. May 3, 2012 / 10:11 pm

omg i love all of it so much <3

9. May 4, 2012 / 5:42 am

I really don’t like when girls wear socks with heels unless they are hidden by long pants. I always thought that was a fashion faux-pas… Anyway.

That aside. OMG THOSE ORANGE PUMPS!!!

10. May 4, 2012 / 1:18 pm

I love the accessories, and the nail polishes are a great colour but I can’t help but think that they could have chosen a better hand model.