ShopAkira for Western Gals!

Shop Akira is an on-line shop based in Chicago that has all the top western brands: Jeffrey Campbell, Motel Rocks, UNIF, Mink Pink, House of Harlow and more. But they also have their own label, which is really well priced and stylish! I also think many of their original pieces can easily be rocked on trend right now and their prices are less than the gyaru brands!

Shop Akira asked me to try one of their original pieces out and I picked out their dot print shirt. I talked about how the dot print is trending this summer, but I had yet to buy myself something. Shop Akira had something which suited my style!

Looks similar, but I definitely prefer the ShopAkira one. Less pouffyness around the belly, which is always a plus. Yet 50% off!

Shown worn. Done with a bit more of a rock edge (my current style preference). Top by Shop Akira, Necklace by Lip Service, spike shorts customized by me.

They just sold out of the top but they came out with an even hotter version here

Blogger fail not in a train yard looking sad away from the camera but I’m a fashion reporter not a model :catno:

It doesn’t matter what style preference you are, there’s lots of styles to choose from.

That hooded coat (an Onee dream) is only $39.00. It looks so much more expensive than that! All the items are cheaper than going for at the of gyaru stores and no expensive EMS shipping required.

I’ve ordered from ShopAkira several times previously and always been satisfied. If you sign up for their e-mails you can get %10 off your first order  :cheery:

Share:

1. May 10, 2012 / 1:17 pm

Wow this is so great !!! definitely gonna try them out! :hearts2:

May 10, 2012 / 2:47 pm

Yay glad you enjoyed!!

2. May 10, 2012 / 1:38 pm

omg, I want your entire outfit :lolpastel: :regret:
    Fabulous post bby!! :alpaca:

May 10, 2012 / 2:46 pm

Hhehee DIY spikes are so fun to do! You gotta do it :)
      Thanks lady. Sending love your way!

3. May 10, 2012 / 1:56 pm

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I always just sit and oogle but now I can actually have it in arms reaach YAYAYAYAYAYYAAYYAYA

May 10, 2012 / 2:45 pm

Arms reach indeed! Get yourself some pretty :)

4. May 10, 2012 / 2:29 pm

Nice recommendations! Although I’d probably go for the 3rd by VANQUISH top, since it’s the only brand I’m a brandwhore for ♥

May 10, 2012 / 2:45 pm

hahaha I haven’t paid that much attention to 3rd. Is it the monotone that draws you?

5. May 10, 2012 / 2:38 pm

cool stuff ^.^ I like that it looks more mature ^-^ like for grown up gyarus or something xD

May 10, 2012 / 2:44 pm

I think it’s definitely easier to dress adult gyaru with the items, but the floral coat by Liz Lisa isn’t grown up I think it’s the models that make it so :)

6. May 10, 2012 / 2:39 pm

Your outfit looks great! Your shorts are amazing :wink:

May 10, 2012 / 2:44 pm

Thank you! I’m so happy they turned out well (although I want to add more spikes! XD)

7. May 10, 2012 / 4:48 pm

This is a great piece! The dots are cute for both tops, but I also prefer the Shop Akira one because it looks like it would work better for me between the two. Love your coordinate, and the spikes are genius! How long did it take you to do that?? http://universal-doll.com/wp-content/plugins/smilies-themer/mitsucons/emoji-omg.gif

Also, that Lip Service styled while wrap jacket with the hood is pure LOVE~ I might have to cave and get it!

Thanks for sharing~

May 11, 2012 / 8:52 am

It took about 4 hours, I’ll have a DIY and where to buy the cheap spikes next week :)
      Happy to share :)

8. May 10, 2012 / 6:14 pm

You shorts :oops: :heartmouthguy: so nice! Liking this trend, love polka dots!

May 11, 2012 / 8:51 am

Thank you!! I’ll have a DIY post on them next week :)

9. May 10, 2012 / 8:03 pm

That polka dots tops are really cute <3

May 11, 2012 / 8:51 am

Glad you liked them :)

10. May 10, 2012 / 9:37 pm

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check them out :)

Also, I’d like to thank you for NOT being in a train yard looking sad. It’s much nicer to see people who don’t look like models… that’s the whole point of reading blogs! At least for me. I’d rather see a more realistic setting that I can identify with than yet another catalog picture, you know?

• May 10, 2012 / 9:47 pm

Ok, I must be an idiot, but I can’t find where to subscribe to their mailing list so I can get the 10% off. ;-( I’ve already found things I want to buy :love:

• May 10, 2012 / 9:48 pm

JUST KIDDING. I was on the totally wrong page, dur. :regret:

May 11, 2012 / 8:51 am

hehehe well it’s not that I mind that and I do follow a few blogs who do that. However I feel like fashion blogger has become synonymous with that, yet I am a blogger who blogs about fashion yet I am far away from that. I also prefer staying behind the camera >_<;;

11. May 10, 2012 / 10:18 pm

Love that outfit. THOSE SHORTS ARE AMAZING. :up: Are they stud spikes with prongs for attachment?

May 11, 2012 / 8:49 am

Thanks! They are screw in spikes :)

12. May 10, 2012 / 11:40 pm

mmmhmmm they seem to have a great selection!! Love it! :D

May 11, 2012 / 8:49 am

Yeah I really like their webstore :)

13. May 11, 2012 / 2:11 am

Reminds me of Nasty Gal! They even have a lot of similar or the same stuff!

Sadly way out of my price range right now but my next “must have” for JC shoes are those Dominique’s! >D

May 11, 2012 / 8:48 am

I think Nasty Gal is a bit more expensive. I always think of them as $10 more. Am I wrong?

14. May 11, 2012 / 5:16 am

The hoodied top/coat !!! :omg: Must get it !!

Thanks for this! Will definitely have a look~

May 11, 2012 / 8:49 am

Happy to share :)

15. May 12, 2012 / 8:06 am

Looks like an awesome shop:D! Love your outfit,majorly jealous of your shorts!I love spikes and studs!!
    I`m still hunting for the perfect shorts to diy,getting sick of looking for perfectly distressed studded shorts so i guess i`ll have to make my own.

16. May 12, 2012 / 10:36 am

Omg you look great! that outfit with the top and shorts ! omg so fierce and dangerous…! i really miss your own personal style posts mitsu you post such great coords, but im sad I dont get to see it that often. please post more of your own at least on instagram or tumblr! <3 please! i take so much inspiration from you!

ill be sure to check out that shop too!

17. May 13, 2012 / 5:04 pm

tha lipe service type its so wonderful <3

18. May 16, 2012 / 9:36 pm

OMGGG thank you for sharing the link! going to go shopping now 8D

19. May 19, 2012 / 4:40 pm

Those studded shorts. Where can I find those?!

May 19, 2012 / 5:21 pm

I did them myself. Tutorial next week or so!

20. Mimmy
    May 22, 2012 / 9:24 am

Not trying to be catty at all, just letting you know the brand is simply AKIRA, not “Shop Akira.” I’m from Chicago and go to the physical stores, so it’s just weird to see it referred as “Shop Akira.”

May 22, 2012 / 9:31 am

That’s their website so I tried to keep the name recognition with their webstore URL. Sorry if it bothers!

• Mimmy
        May 23, 2012 / 10:40 pm

It just seems impersonal, kinda like you don’t really know the brand. It’s like saying Egoist Inc because the url is egoist-inc.com.

21. June 20, 2012 / 9:54 am

OMG THANK YOU. I don’t fit local/Asian sizes due to being big-boned despite my short height (5’3″) so this is a serious boon. I have never been happier that both my older sister and boyfriend are based in the US (and the boyfriend’s in Kansas which should be closer to Chicago). Thank yooooooooooouuuuuuuuu!!! :mrgreen: