Trendwatching: Mauve into Adult Pink

I’ve never met a pun I didn’t want to use. No shame.

One trendwatching right after another? Wow it’s like the purpose of this blog is being fulfilled. Impossible! Now before hearing me out long-time gyaru lovers may say that pink has always been an in color and I am not being trending at all. And there’s where you’d be wrong! I’m not talking about just one pink, but a light adult mauve and beige pink.

A pink so powerful it’s the signature color in Rienda, Jugetta and Liz Lisa collections.

BEHOLD, MIGHTY ADULT PINK!

Really I’m talking about two pinks.

A beige-pink like the one from Murua, Emoda, and Dazzlin’

Also, the mauve pink that’s cornered Liz Lisa, Jugetta, Rienda for this season.

These lighter pinks are popular enough for MA*RS to forgo their signature hot pink and do some light pinks for this season.

Coats in adult pink are very popular this season with most of the brands above doing one.

I first noticed it when I got my new Liz Lisa cardigan and held it against an older season Liz Lisa dress. The dress was such a bright light pink and was noticeably different that the new mauve.

I really like the newer pink, I think it looks a bit more expensive and elegant. Both hues work as great neutrals without being to frou-frou.

Color trends remain popular for several seasons. Like the hit color Bordeaux from last winter is still coming out this winter. So it’s a good trend to follow and not worry about looking too dated.

Adult Pink Buying Tip: Pink is always a popular Spring color so pick up Winter sale items that are lightweight to carry onto Spring.

Adult Pink Styling tip: If you’re not crazy for pink, pick a pink-beige like the Murua or Emoda pieces that you can use as a new neutral.

Filed under:trend watching

11 Responses to “Trendwatching: Mauve into Adult Pink”

1. Miruku says:

They’re all cute but I’m so into candy pink and pastels at the moment. I can’t find a place for ANOTHER colour scheme! :catno:

2. SARA MARI says:

Dusty pink is such a lovely color to look at, but I can never imagine how to wear it! That’s how it always is with any shade of pink, so hard for me to wear :catno: But it certainly is mature and elegant!

3. Chrissie says:

I think both shades of pink are so cute and wearable! They look like they’d suit pretty much everyone’s coloring, so it will be fun to go hunting for pieces~ I’m loving the mauve-pink shade so much. @___@

Also, the Liz Lisa coats look super-soft and comfy! Lucky you for snagging one~

Thanks for sharing!

4. Bunny says:

Awww, I like the new pink for Autumn/Winter but I hope at least one of these brands goes back to the girlie pink for Spring/Summer for people who still like it like me. ^.^ It’s definitely a nice change though!

5. I love this color! I already have a blazer in this color haha! :loveword:

6. Aya1gou says:

I love dusty pink! :heartcat:
    Thanks for the buying tip :up: how clever!

7. Claudia says:

Love it! I love the coat combo with the fur-lined beige over knee boots! Though I’m a sucker for overknee boots.

8. Sarita says:

some very cute clothing items in this post! I like in particular the color of the Golds Infinity top!

9. Saphy says:

Love the newer pink of your Lis Liza cardigan, looks more matured :yayyay:

10. Tianna says:

love all these pics! I love mauve it’s so classic looking x

11. Wow :sadcat: This reminds me I need more pastel coloured clothing to mix with my mainly black outfits these days…gotta accomplish my fashion goals, so this was a good reminder for me.
    Nice blog by the way!