Gyaru Trendcasting: Predictions for Spring 2013 Part Two

A follow-up to my previous trendcasting post on gyaru fashion here. I finish up the lot of trends and recommend trends for your style taste.

Some brands are definitely loving the branding of Marc Jacobs “Daisy” fragrance. Some of these items also share the 3-d trend. Expect a lot of 3-d looks in clothing and accessories.

Waist cut-outs are especially popular but you’ll see cut-outs in everything. I think it’s a bit of the unexpected bare skin trend. Off-shoulder dresses are another part of this trend.

A really big trend is large costume jewelry and now it’s going onto clothes and shoes, too. Again part of the 3-d trend. Love how Laguna Moon updated their wildly popular cat bag with resort fabric and 3-d jewel eyes.

If only tattoo tights didn’t go out of fashion or I’d be talking about “Snapbacks and Tattoos”. I expect these will cross over all styles.

Other trends to note:

Ank Rouge ‘s spring exhibition shows sweet brands will branch into a lot more pastels than usual. Ank Rouge has decided on mint green and purple. Liz Lisa will go blue and yellow.

w♥c and Dazzlin are showing that off-shoulder dresses will be popular.

Even More Trends:

:bow: Criss-cross sandals (Lip Service, Esperanza)

:bow: Lame socks and stockings in pastel colors (Miia, Murua)

:bow: Girly print mixing (Dazzlin, w♥c)

Recommended Spring Trend buys for

sweet style: Pastels, clear totes and girly socks.

rock style: spike items, flat brim caps, 3-d jewel items

pop: pastels and neon mix shopping

mode: costume jewelry, vintage clear bag, lame socks

oneegyaru: blue, peach or pink blouses, criss-cross heeled sandals, lace accents

tsuyome: you’re almost out of these trends. Garula did nothing new yet. full denim outfits are the best bet.

Filed under:trend watching

14 Responses to “Gyaru Trendcasting: Predictions for Spring 2013 Part Two”

1. Lisa says:

Ohhh thanks for this! plenty of pastels, pretty socks and lace for me next season ♥ Sounds like a lot of my wardrobe already, so it’s nice to know that some trends carry over~

2. Willa says:

The trends look really nice! Love the cutouts trend! :star:

3. lol lame socks for mode XDDD yay i’m excited for spring! looks good!

4. OhCatrina says:

So glad you’re around for style watching. Thanks for the report!

5. ShuShu ♥ says:

love it! i wish i could purchase w♥c and dazzlin, they created stunning pieces! *Q*
    ♥ shushu-blog.blogspot.com ♥

6. Kim says:

LOL lame socks.

But omg I looove all the above, guess I’m not saving again.

7. Sami says:

Loving the daisy phone case :heartcat:

8. sarah says:

so much fun!! i can’t wait! i love whenever you analyze trends, lol. i like the cut outs :)
    xoxo Sarah
    Enter my Naughty or Nice Giveaway

9. Maya says:

What would I do without you? :sadcat:

10. Juka says:

Thank you thank you for the article!! :loveword:

11. Wengie says:

stunning pieces..i am in love

12. KC says:

hmm… i am sure i am loving these predictions… especially the daisies… paired with the clear stuff… reminds me of stuff that was popular when i was in high school XD … which should give you an indication how old i am!! lol

but actually, i’m pleasantly surprised by the sweet brands! though it is not my style at all, it’ll be nice to see a little variation on the old pink & beige stuff…

fun post! i’m enjoying these :yayyay:

13. Kyuu says:

I love these posts! n_n definitely going to buy a lot of off-shoulder dresses this spring!

nocturnalkokoro.blogspot.com