How to Buy Gyaru Brand clothes On-line from Japan

For those long time into gyaru or a regular reader this may come as a very basic post, but since I answer these questions on twitter and tumblr once a month I thought I’d put this here to refer those who ask back and try my hand at creating an infographic to make it easier.

Helpful links and previous Universal-Doll posts:

Auctions Links
Universal-Doll’s post on mbok Japan and yahoo auctions: here
mbok.jp
yahoo japan auctions

Rakuten Global Links
Rakuten Global website: http://global.rakuten.com/en/
Egoist Global Rakuten store
Yumetenbo / Dreamv Global Rakuten store

Emoda International http://emoda-webstore.com/

Shopping Services
How does a shopping service work? Check out the Universal-Doll flowcart in the tenso post about how one works.
Japonica Market
White Rabbit
Treasure Japan

Tenso:
Tenso’s website: http://www.tenso.com/
Universal-Doll’s intro to Tenso
Universal-Doll signing up and buying at Vent International: Liz Lisa, Jugetta, Tralala, Liz Lisa Doll

Filed under:shopping, tips

18 Responses to “How to Buy Gyaru Brand clothes On-line from Japan”

1. Irene says:

oh great!! cause I love japanese design <3

Check out my blog:

2. Katie says:

Have you (or anyone else reading) ordered anything from Yumetenbo recently? The last time I tried to order the ended up sending me an email that seemed to say they were no longer taking credit cards. I couldn’t tell if it was all cards or just foreign cards, and what exactly the reason was, but it seemed to be an issue with too many cards being declined. I was hoping that was temporary, since they were a great resource for cheap items and they would ship directly overseas :(

• Mitsu says:

I hope this question gets a signal boost since I’ve only ordered once from Yumetenbo about 2 years back.

• D~tan says:

I just ordered from them within the last few weeks and my order shipped out fine, no problem! I know sometimes it’s actually the banks that decline the cards. For myself and my family (who travel/shop in Japan a lot) we had to go to a physical bank branch and tell someone to put notes on our bank accounts to let all Japanese transactions through. After that it’s been fool proof.

• Katie says:

Good to hear! It must have been a temporary issue. I know at the time it wasn’t my card in specific, the email very distinctly said they weren’t accepting cards at all. But this was several months ago. I also have a similar note on my card since I shop in Japan/Japanese websites so often xD

• Xx says:

Oh dear! Me too! I’ve been desperately trying to order from them but to no avail!! They kept cancelling my order!! Can I ask if you were using a debit or credit card? I was using a debit card initially. I changed to credit card already.. Hopefully they’ll accept my order :(

3. Mia Lia says:

Owh, I know one more website!
    It more focused on everything you wanna buy from Japan,

It’s Anislo. They’re like shopping service or something~

• Mitsu says:

I just checked them out. A bit wary you can only sign up via facebook and the do not list how they ship (EMS, airmail). Makes it feel a bit less professional ):

4. SOOOO great thanks for sharing, hun!

5. Miye says:

thank you so much for this post!!!and for all the other posts as well!!!! darned informative and helpful!! keep them coming please!!!
    お願いします、ミツさん!ありが統合材増した!!!(^_^)/// :dotbow:

6. Holly says:

Great post! Can I also recommend Shopping Mall Japan as a shopping service, especially for auctions. I’ve used them for a few years now and they are excellent with great customer service and quick shipping! :)

7. datura says:

Dear Mitsu,
    I wonder if it’s all right to order lucky bags through tenso? I see them being offered for booking and they’ll be shipped in January, so would tenso have any problems with waiting for a month? Maybe there is some special strategy for buying specifically lucky bags?

8. Keirabug says:

I bought the trunk pack from liz lisa and the transaction showed up as pending on my bank account for a few days, but then it completely disappeared as if they cancelled my order. :( now it’s sold out! I feel so sad about it. I confirmed with my bank directly after ordering it too so they knew it was okay. I have no idea what happened ;.;

• Mitsu says:

They didn’t cancel your order. It’s just the way some online stores work. Liz Lisa does this always. My transactions show up often a month later (sometimes after clothes have arrived) after they’ve disappeared but they’re always ok!

• Keirabug says:

Really?! I also noticed though that I never got a confirmation email for the trunk order so I thought maybe I did something wrong o.o

• Mitsu says:

Now that is concerning. Check your spam? From Vent. I got a confirmation e-mail: 【ご注文内容】

■ご注文日時:2012-12-01 00:16:58
          ■注文番号:54744

□購入商品:★2013福袋★Premium Trunk Carry(S120-0920-0)
          ・カラー:-(999)
          ・サイズ:Free
          価格:21,000円(税込) x 1 = 21,000円(税込)

□送料:0円(税込)
          □手数料合計:0円(税込)
          金額合計:21,000円(税込)
          利用ポイント数:0ポイント
          今回お支払金額:21,000円

But I can’t tell you anymore about your situation since I really don’t know. Sorry!

9. Ella says:

Miss Mitsu, thank you for this post! I’ve been looking for info about shopping services lately, this is useful! :stepup:
    By the way, I’ve been following your blog for a long time on my feed reader despite not being gyaru, cause I like how it looks but I got no guts :sweatbubble: Excellent blog!