How to Buy Gyaru Brand clothes On-line from Japan

For those long time into gyaru or a regular reader this may come as a very basic post, but since I answer these questions on twitter and tumblr once a month I thought I’d put this here to refer those who ask back and try my hand at creating an infographic to make it easier.

Helpful links and previous Universal-Doll posts:

Auctions Links
Universal-Doll’s post on mbok Japan and yahoo auctions: here
yahoo japan auctions

Rakuten Global Links
Rakuten Global website:
Egoist Global Rakuten store
Yumetenbo / Dreamv Global Rakuten store

Emoda International

Shopping Services
How does a shopping service work? Check out the Universal-Doll flowcart in the tenso post about how one works.
Japonica Market
White Rabbit
Treasure Japan

Tenso’s website:
Universal-Doll’s intro to Tenso
Universal-Doll signing up and buying at Vent International: Liz Lisa, Jugetta, Tralala, Liz Lisa Doll

1. Katie December 5, 2012 / 8:05 pm

Have you (or anyone else reading) ordered anything from Yumetenbo recently? The last time I tried to order the ended up sending me an email that seemed to say they were no longer taking credit cards. I couldn’t tell if it was all cards or just foreign cards, and what exactly the reason was, but it seemed to be an issue with too many cards being declined. I was hoping that was temporary, since they were a great resource for cheap items and they would ship directly overseas :(

• Mitsu December 5, 2012 / 8:11 pm

I hope this question gets a signal boost since I’ve only ordered once from Yumetenbo about 2 years back.

• D~tan December 5, 2012 / 9:23 pm

I just ordered from them within the last few weeks and my order shipped out fine, no problem! I know sometimes it’s actually the banks that decline the cards. For myself and my family (who travel/shop in Japan a lot) we had to go to a physical bank branch and tell someone to put notes on our bank accounts to let all Japanese transactions through. After that it’s been fool proof.

• Katie December 6, 2012 / 7:38 am

Good to hear! It must have been a temporary issue. I know at the time it wasn’t my card in specific, the email very distinctly said they weren’t accepting cards at all. But this was several months ago. I also have a similar note on my card since I shop in Japan/Japanese websites so often xD

• Xx January 8, 2013 / 12:13 pm

Oh dear! Me too! I’ve been desperately trying to order from them but to no avail!! They kept cancelling my order!! Can I ask if you were using a debit or credit card? I was using a debit card initially. I changed to credit card already.. Hopefully they’ll accept my order :(

2. Mia Lia December 5, 2012 / 8:49 pm

Owh, I know one more website!
    It more focused on everything you wanna buy from Japan,

It’s Anislo. They’re like shopping service or something~

• Mitsu December 5, 2012 / 9:21 pm

I just checked them out. A bit wary you can only sign up via facebook and the do not list how they ship (EMS, airmail). Makes it feel a bit less professional ):

3. Miye December 6, 2012 / 12:09 am

thank you so much for this post!!!and for all the other posts as well!!!! darned informative and helpful!! keep them coming please!!!
    お願いします、ミツさん!ありが統合材増した!!!(^_^)/// :dotbow:

4. Holly December 6, 2012 / 1:53 am

Great post! Can I also recommend Shopping Mall Japan as a shopping service, especially for auctions. I’ve used them for a few years now and they are excellent with great customer service and quick shipping! :)

5. datura December 6, 2012 / 9:40 pm

Dear Mitsu,
    I wonder if it’s all right to order lucky bags through tenso? I see them being offered for booking and they’ll be shipped in January, so would tenso have any problems with waiting for a month? Maybe there is some special strategy for buying specifically lucky bags?

• Mitsu December 6, 2012 / 10:21 pm

Tenso has no idea of your purchase until it arrives at their location so a wait means nothing to them.

6. Keirabug December 6, 2012 / 11:53 pm

I bought the trunk pack from liz lisa and the transaction showed up as pending on my bank account for a few days, but then it completely disappeared as if they cancelled my order. :( now it’s sold out! I feel so sad about it. I confirmed with my bank directly after ordering it too so they knew it was okay. I have no idea what happened ;.;

• Mitsu December 7, 2012 / 2:05 am

They didn’t cancel your order. It’s just the way some online stores work. Liz Lisa does this always. My transactions show up often a month later (sometimes after clothes have arrived) after they’ve disappeared but they’re always ok!

• Keirabug December 7, 2012 / 3:31 pm

Really?! I also noticed though that I never got a confirmation email for the trunk order so I thought maybe I did something wrong o.o

• Mitsu December 7, 2012 / 9:58 pm

Now that is concerning. Check your spam? From Vent. I got a confirmation e-mail: 【ご注文内容】

■ご注文日時:2012-12-01 00:16:58

□購入商品:★2013福袋★Premium Trunk Carry(S120-0920-0)
          価格:21,000円(税込) x 1 = 21,000円(税込)

But I can’t tell you anymore about your situation since I really don’t know. Sorry!

7. Ella December 9, 2012 / 1:21 am

Miss Mitsu, thank you for this post! I’ve been looking for info about shopping services lately, this is useful! :stepup:
    By the way, I’ve been following your blog for a long time on my feed reader despite not being gyaru, cause I like how it looks but I got no guts :sweatbubble: Excellent blog!