Fall AW 2013 Gyaru Street Style Trends – Jouetie, 3rd by Vanquish, Glad News & Fig & Viper

This week I’m breaking down gyaru trends starting with the more streetstyle and rock Japanese gyaru brands: Jouetie, Glad News, 3rd by Vanquish and Fig & Viper. As usual trends are bolded for you lazy people. No photos are my own, all gleaned from various ameblos. I’m just the compiler!

Jouetie

fall2013-gyaru-joeutie-3trends

Beanies from last winter are continuing. Plaid which is an old faithful is being reworked by all brands. Long coats & jackets are currently a mini-trend but may grow. Straight-across shredded denim is the most popular denim style this season.

fall2013-gyaru-joeutie-quilting-setupQuilting in different styles will be a big trend. Also set-ups (matching top & bottom) is the big trend that will go across all style types.

fall2013-joeutie-supertorn-jeans

More straight across shredded denim.

fall2013-aw-jouetie-twobigjackets

Oversized jackets with sheepskin stadium and traditional style. All jackets seem to be a bit oversized this season.

fall2013-jouetie-setups

Different types of set-ups by Jouetie.

Jouetie aw2013 Runway

jouetie-aw-2013-2 jouetie-aw-2013-3 jouetie-aw-2013-4 jouetie-aw-2013

Jouetie loves for their runways to be playful and rarely match what they’re selling in stores. This is a head-scratcher for me since I think such a streetstyle brand should reflect its regular rack clothing more. However trends from the runway that will remain are set-ups, monster fur, oversized jackets and black and white. (images via fashionsnap).

3rd by Vanquish

fall2013-aw-3rdbyvanquish-handsetup

These set-ups with hand print could become a mini-trend. I think they look so fun and quirky. Also check the houndstooth behind. Houndstooth is in most brands for Fall 2013.

fall2013-aw-3rdbyvanquish-sportswear

Simplistic plaid aka gingham and criss-cross is really popular for mode and cool brands. Also sweat-workout clothing a chic style (Alexander Wang influenced) will be a medium-hyped trend (far right pants).

Glad News

fall2013-gladnews-sheepskin-armyjackets

Glad News does their own thing, but they still are working a few trends. On the left: straight across shredded denim on the left, along with sheepskin on the boots. Sheepskin should be popular in shoes and jackets. On the right: a plaid set-up along with oversized jacket and black & white shoes.

fall2013-aw-gladnews-accessories-rock-gyaru

I’ll talk about shoe trends in another post, but there’s a peak of Glad News’ style. More pictures of oversized quilting jackets and sweatshirts.

Fig & Viper

fall2013-fignviper-houndstooth

Fig & Viper did a lot of their own thing, but they showcased a houndstooth set-up.

fall2013-fignviper-longcoat

Fake-fur / monster fur long coat is shown off awesomely by Fig & Viper producer Alisa Ueno.

fall2013-fignviper-velvet

Velvet is going to be popular and Fig & Viper went with the 90s crinkle velvet. I’ve seen midi-to-long winter skirts in a few collections so I’ll call it a medium-hyped trend.

1. June 24, 2013 / 11:57 am

I love this kind of post! Thank you very much for sharing it!

2. June 24, 2013 / 12:41 pm

Ohh I love the two final coordinates from fig&viper! The high waisted pants/shirt with those crop tops, definitely WANT ^^* Not a big fan od houndstooth and velvet, but would love to have some set ups! I think the trend is definitely dasa-kawaii, many items look like thrifted from someone`s grandmother ;D but I like it and was actually looking for an old lady style shirt + long skirt flower pattern setup at the local markets since last week! XDD

3. June 24, 2013 / 1:47 pm

I love the set ups with the hand print, so cute! I would wear in a heart beat! ♥

4. June 24, 2013 / 5:45 pm

Thank you for this post! :D I love seeing the new trends- even if some of them I probably wouldn’t wear myself- I love seeing how they coordinate it ^__^

5. June 25, 2013 / 12:54 am

usually i just love 3rd by vanquish and clad news, but at the moment, it’s just not my thing haha :(

6. June 25, 2013 / 4:59 am

I like almost everything and that`s really strange for me OwO. I think I`ll sacrifice some money for smth similar to those shredded denims…but well , I need to lose some weight and theeen~smth similar will be mine <3. Thank you for the awesome post ! <3 You really do a good job ! ^^

7. June 25, 2013 / 9:20 am

Love this post – thanks ever so much for putting it together for girls like myself who want to get into gal but don’t know where to research it. Didn’t know about Jouetie before now, but now I can’t get off their website! Thanks again! :) xx

8. Ruthie
    June 25, 2013 / 4:15 pm

Wow, next season is going to be weird, really weird…! But fun anyway, we’ll find a way to mix it all hahaha
    Thanks a lot for sharing the info <3

9. June 25, 2013 / 11:02 pm

Another great post! The new trends are quite unique!! I actually like it haha! I really like the over sized jacket!

10. June 26, 2013 / 3:58 am

Also very informative posts!~ I’m really liking the new trends:)

11. Samantha
    June 27, 2013 / 6:09 am

Loving the houndstooth trend! But I’m sad to say that the monster fur long coat trend reminded me of Macklemore. Gah.

12. Kaiya
    September 7, 2013 / 12:04 am

Oooh la la~
    Sheepskin and fluffies is totally what I’ve been into this fall/winter as well, those will deff become things i feature in my outfits quite often for this year. :love:
    Ofc, as always, there’ll also be plenty of creams, browns/beige, and ripped denim !:wink:
    Who says winter fashion isn’t fun! :stars:

13. Shiena
    January 30, 2014 / 9:37 pm

:( not a single cute trend. So sad.

January 31, 2014 / 10:58 am

This was for last fall… >_< I think spring trends get more cutesy :)