The Gyaru Shop Staff Unit Boom

riendagirls2

Model Press did a new article that’s been years in the making about the Shop Staff Unit Boom (ショップ店員ユニット / Shop Tenin Unit) (article link). I’d like to summarize their article and also expand on it.

Since 1990 with the charisma shop staff trend it’s carried into these groups of Units. This has especially grown with a lot of older brands like Liz Lisa, Laguna Moon and Rienda whose producers are still popular specifically in Laguna Moon and Rienda’s case but they’re both in their 30s. So the shop staff unit is closer to the target age range of the group.

riendagirls3

Model Press says that the various styles of each charisma staff are blended and fans of the brand can pick out a specific charisma girl to admire and aspire to. The article also says the clothes they were tend to sell out faster.

Model Press spotlights in particular Rienda Girls (blog),  which was founded in May of 2010 and have since appeared in print ads, commercials, events, store openings and magazines for the brand. Rienda Girls blog can have as many as 30,000 hits a day and has been in the top 50 of the celebrity blog rankings of Japanese megablog site ameblo.jp. Being as high as 10th in the fashion category ranking of celebrity blogs.

Blog commenters ask “What’s your diet?” “What eyelashes are you wearing?” (Rienda recently came out with their own brand) and “When will what you’re wearing be sold?”

riendagirls-1

They’ve since produced circle lens (tomorrow’s post!) and eyelashes which keep selling out at popular retailer Donki.

Previously the auditions were in secret, but recently they’ve held auditions for the third wave of Rienda Girls and 30,000 people voted on the top 5 to get into Rienda Girls. Former Rienda girls are now working on the apparel side and traveling overseas to work on the brand.

The main Rienda Girls are Mami Ishioka – Shibuya 109 staff, Asami Nakagawasai – Shel’lter Tokyo staff, Mika Shindate – Shinjuku Lumine EST staff, Eri Ishizuka – Omiya Arche Staff, Rina Kojima – Osaka Shinsaibashi OPA staff

riendagirls4

Rienda Girl Mami Ishioka showing off a beautiful Spring maxi onepiece.

Other shop staff units:

Liz Lisa (LL Gals) – staff: Chiharu, Yui, Mayu, Minami, Konomi, Tomoko, Manaka & Risato (previous post) – blog | website

Jouetie (Jouetie Angels) – staff: Yuiko, Madoka, Reiko & Yuri – blog

Cocolulu (Coco Girls) – model group: Anan, Chamko, Ikuchamu – previous post

and loose units: Murua, Dazzlin, Mercury Duo, Cecil McBee, and Emoda

Share:

1. July 26, 2013 / 4:07 pm

Shop girls are so inspiring! I love the whole charisma shop staff thing – it’s very rewarding for all these girls who spend so much time and effort in fashion to become sort of models for their stores!

July 26, 2013 / 5:32 pm

Absolutely! More than models they’re my idols :)

2. July 26, 2013 / 4:27 pm

Woooow~ I just fell in love with their eye make~

July 26, 2013 / 5:32 pm

Rienda girls are so pretty IRL, their eye make is always on point.

3. July 26, 2013 / 6:06 pm

Wow!!! They’re really pretty!! They could be models haha!! thanks for sharing!

4. July 27, 2013 / 6:49 am

Thaks for sharing! ^__^ They have great style.

5. July 28, 2013 / 5:39 pm

They are all so beautiful. I remember going into Shibuya 109 for the first time and just staring like a creepy person… I couldn’t believe how perfect all the shop staff were!! haha! It gives me something to aspire to- even if I’ll never be as beautiful as them, I can at least try to be the best girl I can be :)

6. July 29, 2013 / 1:24 am

oh wow they look so gorgeous! Love their feminine and sophisticated style

7. Heather
    August 13, 2013 / 11:47 pm

So jealous! I wish shop staff in fashion stores here were this amazing! I would love working in retail then.

August 15, 2013 / 1:19 am

I agree! Even though they get paid similar (minimum wage type), I think their style and confidence inspires me to want to have their job :)