Gyaru Shop Staff Snap 46 – Egoist Japanese Brand in Naha Okinawa

A post on Egoist Japanese brand shop staff in Naha Okinawa but first I really liked all the talk that the last post generated. It even spilled over to tumblr. Although people somehow thought I was saying gal was ending? Nope! I just think gyaru is becoming harder to define especially around the edges because of the a) natural make influence b) street style & mode c) dying of out-there-genres like hime. So the problem of know what gyaru is when you see it, is becoming more problematic. But I also feel some things are going against the general dilution of gal and I’ll be talking about those trends soon!

I’m going to do a follow-up post next week to add more thought-fuel to the fire (thoughtful? oh god puns… why do I love them)! But for now let’s go back to enjoying all the gal now, like shop staff snaps and more of the Gyaru Japon comics (next post!).

This Egoist girl from Okinawa was so pleasant. I’m ashamed she wanted to take pictures with us after I had spent the majority of the day hiking around and walking a goat. She’s from the old Egoist Japan store in OPA Naha. I hope Egoist comes back to Okinawa! I’m so happy the white trend from this summer is continuing into winter. I love the clean-look of white.

egoist japanese brand gyaru shop staff naha okinawa egoist gyaru shop staff naha okinawa egoist gyaru shop staff naha okinawaegoist gyaru shop staff naha okinawa

Egoist Japanese brand girls, you’re always so cool!  :cheery:

1. September 25, 2013 / 7:39 pm

Her nail art is lovely! I’m envious of such beauty and simplicity! *O*

September 25, 2013 / 9:24 pm

Exactly, her whole look seems so beautiful and simple :)

2. September 26, 2013 / 5:30 am

Ahhh, i love white in summer so I’m sure I will love white in winter. XD I think it’s a nice change from black… Also, one day, please ask these girls the secret to wearing heels for such long periods of time… seriously… I’m so envious of this talent. I must learn from the best. XD

September 26, 2013 / 10:12 am

Secrets to high heels and shop staff:

a) get used to it, time in heels breeds muscle strength and ability to deal with pain
      b) take off their shoes when commuting and break-time
      c) wear compression socks at night to help swelling and soreness
      d) always walking, heels hurt so much more when you’re just standing in one place

:D

3. September 26, 2013 / 1:53 pm

Love the nails! Thanks for sharing. ^__^

4. MK
    September 27, 2013 / 3:50 pm

Not sure how I feel about all of the lace (less is more in my opinion) The tiers cut her body a bit weird, too- it reminds me of a wedding cake xD. Her hair is lovely though! Really like the color